• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Remastered Collection announced for PS5 - appears to confirm no more Nioh games.

Get ready to relive the entire series with all DLC included for both titles in The Nioh Collection for PlayStation 5.

All of the titles available on PlayStation 5 will support 4K resolution for crystal clear visuals, up to 120 FPS gameplay** for silky smooth combat, ultra-fast load times and the ability to transfer your data from the PS4 versions to pick up your journey right where you left off.

While many of you may be sad to see the story of Nioh 2 *arriving at its final chapter* (I know I am), I’d like to thank all of our fans that have been by our side along this crazy journey from the release of the first Nioh right up until this milestone. On behalf of Team Ninja, I want to express our sincere gratitude for supporting the Nioh series and our team through this long and wonderful ride.

As a token of our appreciation, we thought there was no better way to celebrate the Nioh series, one very near and dear to our hearts, than remastering the entire story for both veterans and new players alike to enjoy utilizing the latest hardware.

So, gather your best gear, hone your skills and perfect your build one more time as you prepare to unleash your darkness on a multitude of brutal bosses and fierce fiends that await you in the voyage ahead. The time is near to experience the thrilling conclusion to the Nioh 2 saga. Thanks again my ninjas and samurai, it’s been an honor!

YukiOnna

Don't see any mention of it being the last Nioh, Yasuda has even talked about a Nioh 3 a couple of times.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
how does nioh compare to demons souls in terms of difficulty?

Apparently Google suggests that Nioh 2 has very hard boss encounters and likely harder than Demon's Souls whereas Nioh really wasn't as hard as either (I can attest to that since I actually played Nioh and found it easier than say Dark Souls 2).

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Great! I just bought the Nioh 2 Special edition on PS4 and now I'm confused if I'm getting the remastered on PS5 for free or there's a fee?

If there's a fee I might as well sell or return the special edition and just buy the complete edition directly.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honestly I'm not sure how they could take the Nioh formula further than Nioh 2 does.

I love both games, but truthfully as a franchise its kinda run its course. Team Ninja simply needs to take what they've learned in terms of making a truly satisfying hybrid between Ninja Gaiden-style stylish (and very technical) combat, and the looter/Diablo RPG formats and apply it to a different theme and scenario.

The first game had its roots in an old Kurosawa treatment, but the story was just a loose historic backdrop onto which they rendered their own take on the Souls'-style Masocore genre. In the sequel the plot is even less developed, allowing the mechanics and systems to take center stage.

Which isn't to say that Nioh 2 is characterless, far from it, its just that this time its presented more like a fighting game where plot is a distant second to providing deep, versatile and challenging combat gameplay.

Ultimately the gameplay is what salvaged Nioh from years of development hell, and its simply outgrown that fictional framework.

Top Bottom