• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA announces The Guided Fate Paradox (PS3) Limited Edition

Volcynika

http://store.nisamerica.com/The-Guided-Fate-Paradox-Limited-Edition

Just like always, another game, another exclusive NISA store thing. $74.99

- Guided Fate Paradox™ for PS3
- Full-color hardcover art book
- 2-disc original soundtrack
with jewel case
- Exclusive mat framed art print from Noizi Ito
- 8 Characters Cards

media.nl

Says it comes out Nov 5th at least on the store page.

cj_iwakura

This looks more like an anime or a VN than an RPG.

I hope Prinny 3 The Witch & The Hundred Knights gets the same treatment.

Holmes

Ooh! I might jump on this. I'll see how much is left in stock tomorrow after work. Does anyone know how much it costs to ship to Canada? Can't find it on the website's FAQ.

Yuripaw

Banned
Good game?

Good story?

Watched the official trailer but I didn't get much from it (to be expected)

I have the exact same question...No idea what this game is, but I feel like I gotta jump on these LEs fast if I even wanna get em.

Here's a trailer with some gameplay (but not much explanation of plot). Looks kinda like Disgaea. Curious to know just how much--I tried playing Disgaea 3 twice, only to get bogged down in some endless grind of my own making and never advancing the story missions. Both times I just lost interest and stopped playing. This, on the other hand, at least seems to involve party members with actual identities and roles to play in the story (who ironically you never control, apparently, unlike Disgaea).

AniHawk

So what's this game about?

it's a roguelike. from what i understand of the genre, you enter a dungeon, take a step on a grid, and all your enemies take a step on that grid in real-tiime. your goal is to either get to the end of the dungeon or find weapons and fight enemies to make yourself stronger. if you die in the dungeon, you lose all your gear.

the story for the game is something to the tune of this guy is usually incredibly unlucky. one day at a mall, he wins a prize, which makes him god. as god, he has to help guide people to their fate. the tone of the story is supposed to be more serious than something like disgaea.

Here's a trailer with some gameplay (but not much explanation of plot). Looks kinda like Disgaea. Curious to know just how much--I tried playing Disgaea 3 twice, only to get bogged down in some endless grind of my own making and never advancing the story missions. Both times I just lost interest and stopped playing. This, on the other hand, at least seems to involve party members with actual identities and roles to play in the story (who ironically you never control, apparently, unlike Disgaea).

It's more a roguelike, like Z.H.P., than an SRPG, like Disgaea.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not entirely sure if I wanna spend the extra $25. Granted, it's nice that the normal edition is only $50. I mainly want the OST so I can hear that theme from the trailer again. Hope this is as fun as Z.H.P since I liked how much faster paced it was compared to stuff like Disgaea.

AniHawk

Not entirely sure if I wanna spend the extra $25. Granted, it's nice that the normal edition is only $50. I mainly want the OST so I can hear that theme from the trailer again. Hope this is as fun as Z.H.P since I liked how much faster paced it was compared to stuff like Disgaea.

the standard comes with the soundtrack. it's just one disc though, and the le has two discs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the standard comes with the soundtrack. it's just one disc though, and the le has two discs.
Interesting. Is there a track listing for each one? If I get that song that plays during the official trailer, I'm pretty much set.

zulux21

Not worth it for 150% of regular price imo.

personally, while I won't sell it, I think it's worth it just to know that my copy will be worth more than I paid for it and not drop in price (thanks to nis actually making limited editions you know... actually limited) as the nis store exclusive limited editions are pretty much all going for $100 plus (aside from mugan souls which is the only limited edition not to sell out during the preorder period... but it's still going for more than it cost to preorder on amazon :p)

As a "spiritual sequel" to ZHP Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman, a game I thought was CRIMINALLY under-rated, I eagerly put my money all up in this biz.

Gematsu has an interview with NISA about this game up.

Interesting is about the dub:

— Voice-acting is always a fairly big concern when it comes to RPGs. Do you have any idea how much of the story will be voiced, or is that still in the planning stages?

Doerr: The entire main story is voiced…basically. I believe the only scenes we left unvoiced were those unvoiced in Japanese and a few tiny scenes explaining some game / battle mechanics. Main story aside, we decided not to voice the small bits of dialogue with NPCs in the Celestia base so we could accommodate a more complete dub of the main story.

duckroll

I'm definitely getting the game, but I'm not sure if I want this LE. The art and characters in the game are the least appealing aspect of it for me. Maybe if it was actually ZHP2... lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm definitely getting the game, but I'm not sure if I want this LE. The art and characters in the game are the least appealing aspect of it for me. Maybe if it was actually ZHP2... lol.

Yeah, I'd be totally down if it were just ZHP2. This just looks like some super generic VN art.

Ah well, still interested I suppose.

nice LE, lovely noizi ito art work
my most anticipated jrpg this year

hopefully it sell well, and open a way for localized love live vita game

jaJ45Of.png

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I've got little interest in this special edition, but its existence has served to inform me that a new roguelike is coming out, which delights me to no end.

Top Bottom