• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA Press Event May 13th

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Solune said:
They should've done what they did with My Lord 2 and release both as a bundle.
The performance of My Lord 2 UMDs strongly discouraged such an action, I'm sure.
GhaleonQ said:
All right-thinking people hoped for the same.
Yes, the right-thinking person's credo is "Companies should do the things that I want at steep penalty to themselves."

Perhaps you're right to avoid DD games; You'd be awful at Recettear.

Foffy

Banned
So, all that came from this event was Cladun X2, another Atelier game, and a Bleach game?

I was hoping for something from Imageepoch. ):

They made Criminal Girls, no? I think that's a NIS-owned property, and I would have assumed they would have announced something like that, at least..

matmanx1

That Disgaea 4 trailer is perfect for a game like Disgaea. Looks like it could be the best in the series so far depending on how the story shapes up.

I'm surprised and pleased at the Bleach announcement. I have a fondness for hack n slash games so it's definitely something I'll be keeping my eye on.

Takao said:
Yet NISA announced a localization of a PSP RPG. Not only that - a PSP download only RPG. Clearly they found something that works for them. Especially given they have a deal with Imageepoch, and every game they've announced thus far has been on PSP (though they have plans for other platforms).
Cladun is a pretty light localiztion as far as RPGs go though, I mean it's a dungeon crawler and there's no voice work afaik. Not really comprable to what FPS or BRS would probably entail.

Also, Image Epoch already announced a SRPG each for PS3 and 3DS.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
SpaceDrake said:
I'm actually curious to see if they pull the trigger on that one. It reviewed very well, but so far the reception from players in Japan has been absolutely icy. I actually need to do more research on that one, but evidently it is not being received well and there might be problems with the game.

If you were able to find any reviews, what have the Japanese players been saying?

El Sloth

Banned
A Huge Battleship said:
Maybe if enough people quote this it will happen.

Let me cling to my fantasies as well.
I'm not the only crazy person on this message board!

The best day! ;_;

We should mount a raid on the N1 offices and force them to make the sequel that Phantom Brave deserves.

dili

"Take a dump on the face of common sense"

NISA's trailers can sometimes be so funny. I think the narrator is the same guy who did Dogi in Oath in Felghana.

The trailer for ZHP:Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman was just as wacky and ridiculous which similarly did a good job of selling me on the game.

GhaleonQ

Shig said:
The performance of My Lord 2 UMDs strongly discouraged such an action, I'm sure.

Yes, the right-thinking person's credo is "Companies should do the things that I want at steep penalty to themselves."

Perhaps you're right to avoid DD games; You'd be awful at Recettear.

I'd be a little flustered except for the ICE COLD/HE MUST BE IRONIC closing insult. Your inexplicable grudge at my explicable grudge against downloadable games has diminished your work over time. Do I think that you reach these peaks http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24282025&postcount=4 again? No.

There are 2 explanations.

1. Slowly, you're forced to take more ridiculous positions over time to make a point. These would include, "My Lord and Cladun are like products," "Art distributors' 1st obligation is to hoarde cash rather than balance fiscal realities with consumer expectations," and, "Surely, I could justify Nippon Ichi's other at-retail releases from a financial perspective."

2. I'm mad that you're digitally sneering instead of sending me a letter.

If I suggested that retail wholly replace their online efforts, you could complain. "All right-thinking people" want them to push their games wherever possible.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm ready for N1 games! Well, I probably won't buy Bleach, but it'll probably sell very well anyway. ^^

Solune

Shig said:
That's fine. By should've I don't mean "Fuck it ain't physical media I ain't buying nothing". I meant it as in "It would be nice to have both on one UMD since there was a similar release".

I'll admit I like to have a physical copy, in this day and age it seems difficult to ask for especially working with constraints and standards. I really don't like DD but if it's the only way I can get a game then I have to take what I can get.

Take Arcana Heart 3 for example, I could import it for a massive price and have a nice box on my shelf, or support Aksys and get it at a more reasonable price, which I did.

I'm complaining but only because I'm going to buy it anyways. But I guess delving further would be similar to begging so I'll just stop there now that I've said my piece.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does the localized ClaDun 2 have the Estelle and Adol cameos too?

If so then <3~~~

ULTROS!

I'm highly interested in Totori though.

Do I need to play Rorona first in order to understand Totori?

Top Bottom