• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA Press Event May 13th

PRESSEVENT513.jpg

NIS America's Spring press event attendance contest is now up!
Attention all NIS America fans located in the San Francisco area: We are happy to announce a contest this weekend for a chance to attend our Press Event! The event is next Friday, May 13th, at the AMC Metreon Theater #8 in downtown San Francisco!

We plan on announcing some really surprising new titles, and along with them we'll have playable demos for a bunch of our games that have yet to be released! Want to get a sneak peek of our titles before everyone else, like Cave Story 3D? Come on over to the Metreon theater in San Francisco and try out our new titles! The contest is this weekend only, so make sure you enter before May 9th! Winners will be notified soon after on Tuesday, May 10th.

How do you enter? Simply follow the link below to enter yourself in the contest using our online form! Ten lucky winners from the San Francisco area along with a party of up to three of their friends will win their entry into our event! The only stipulation for attendance is that the winning fans must provide their own transportation to and from the event, along with their own lodging.

Good luck to all you fans out there! We hope to see you next week!

So I guess new announcements next week. Hopefully Totori. Not sure I'm really excited about the "surprising new titles" part, but we'll see. There's also a contest to enter to win a chance to attend here: http://nisamerica.com/pra/presseventform2011_x.php

The page for the contest also says:

Our soul-ripping, exciting, new titles will be announced for the first time, which will have you sitting at the edge of your seat! Sit tight, enjoy some popcorn, play some surprising new demos, and say hello!
Also, we are extra excited by our special guest, Mr.Yamamoto, Chief Programmer of Disgaea 4, who will be in attendance. Come meet him, and have a good time with us!

I don't know if soul-ripping is supposed to be a hint. Seem like an odd thing to say if it's not.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope that Cave Story 3DS looks better in motion....though i doubt it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Atelier Totori please.

Also imageepoch titles.

So let's see...

Announced upcoming titles
- Disgaea 4
- Cave Story 3D

Nipponichi possible pick-ups
- Criminal Girls (Imageepoch, bit on the nsfw)
- Classic Dungeon X2 (System Prisma, first came on PSN)
- Blue Roses (Apollosoft, unlikely)

Other companies possible pick-ups
- Atelier Totori (Gust, basically a lock)
- Neptune mk2 (Idea Factory, too soon?)

Known Imageepoch deal possible pick-ups
- Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari (AKA Final Promise Story)
- Black * Rock Shooter: The Game

I don't put Last Ranker, 7th Dragon or Fate/Extra since those are published by different companies and it wouldn't only be up to Imageepoch and NIS America to release them here. Anything else I missed?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they ever tried to bring this over. They know even most of their otaku fans would find it too tasteless. AFAIK it bombed like a mother in Japan, too.

Personally I'm expecting official announcements of Totori, Last Promise, and Fate, actually. I'd be a bit surprised if Fate was left completely alone, since it sold pretty well and reviewed as well or better than many titles NISA has released in the past. Too soon for a Neptunia 2 announcement, I think. Totori is all but certain, the staff have been hinting at it for months now.

Of course, it seems everyone, including NISA, has forgotten Atelier Lina, which is pretty much the best Atelier game released in like the past half-decade (it outscored the PS3 games), but welp, small publishers on the DS, lol. :(

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So let's see...

Announced upcoming titles
- Disgaea 4
- Cave Story 3D

- Classic Dungeon X2 (System Prisma, first came on PSN)
- Blue Roses (Apollosoft, unlikely)

Other companies possible pick-ups
- Atelier Totori (Gust, basically a lock)
- Neptune mk2 (Idea Factory, too soon?)

Known Imageepoch deal possible pick-ups
- Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari (AKA Final Promise Story)
- Black * Rock Shooter: The Game

I don't put Last Ranker, 7th Dragon or Fate/Extra since those are published by different companies and it wouldn't only be up to Imageepoch and NIS America to release them here. Anything else I missed?

I guess D4 and Cave Story will be playable. Totori will most assuredly be announced. I think Neptune is too soon. Blue Roses would be cool, maybe some 3DS property acquisition?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
- Criminal Girls (Imageepoch, bit on the nsfw)...

please!!!...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't put Last Ranker, 7th Dragon or Fate/Extra since those are published by different companies and it wouldn't only be up to Imageepoch and NIS America to release them here...

atlus, wherefore art thou?!...

atomsk

Party Pooper
SpaceDrake said:
Of course, it seems everyone, including NISA, has forgotten Atelier Lina, which is pretty much the best Atelier game released in like the past half-decade (it outscored the PS3 games), but welp, small publishers on the DS, lol. :(

This is the game I came in this thread to mention. =/

I'm guessing Annie bombed and therefore it has no chance (I did my part buying Annie on Day 1!)

faridmon

they will not bring Criminal Girls over here in the west. That game is too NSFW. I could care less about any of thier titles now really since they can't even bother release thier games on UMD anymore here in Europe. Bullocks...

atomsk said:
This is the game I came in this thread to mention. =/

I'm guessing Annie bombed and therefore it has no chance (I did my part buying Annie on Day 1!)

"Small publishers on the DS, lol" was more about the incredible barriers to success smaller publishers face on the DS rather than the game "bombing" specifically; the realities of manufacturing the carts, especially in lower print numbers, and the insane competition for shelf space make the DS a hard, hard system to succeed on.

I'd still love to see Lina come over, but it'd be a hard sell.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SpaceDrake said:
"Small publishers on the DS, lol" was more about the incredible barriers to success smaller publishers face on the DS rather than the game "bombing" specifically; the realities of manufacturing the carts, especially in lower print numbers, and the insane competition for shelf space make the DS a hard, hard system to succeed on.

I'd still love to see Lina come over, but it'd be a hard sell.

Also NISA tried and failed spectaularly on the DS both as a publisher and as N1's NA channel. Terrible versions of good games, ok versions of games that would never ever sell on any platform.

Takao

Banned
As long as their surprise announcements aren't WRPGs I don't think anyone will truly mind what they have in store.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Of course, this just HAS to be the day I'm flying out to Japan for a week. Naturally. >_<

Can't wait for their announcements.

B.K.

madara said:
Marl series always made me smile, its been a longtime since I played a new one maybe its due.

There was a new Marl game released in Japan a year and a half ago, but NISA didn't release it in America.

B.K. said:
There was a new Marl game released in Japan a year and a half ago, but NISA didn't release it in America.

Primarily because I'm not actually sure the Rhapsody DS release broke four-figure sales in America. I sure as shit know it didn't manage five.

That's one where the fans really can blame themselves. NISA can't publish what won't sell, and every single indicator they've gotten says Marl games are dead weight in this market.

I wish Criminal Girls would come over. From Bebpo's impressions it sounds like a fun if flawed dungeon crawler whose risqué side has been greatly exaggerated. If Aksys can find a market for Agarest Senki, I'm sure NISA could handle this game. Probably won't though.

What I'm realistically hoping for is Classic Dungeon X2, Atelier Totori, and Tale of the Final Promise. Maybe they'll spring some true surprise from left field on us; that'd be nice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dedication Through Light said:
I think it would be easier for them to put that on NGP and all...didnt they need to make tons of sacrifices for the DS version with the touchscreen not providing good controls anyway?

No, they were just lazy. Every other turn based grid SRPG works fine on the touchscreen.

androvsky

I've seen some hints that we're getting two obvious titles and one surprise. Atelier Totori is about as good as announced and Cladun 2 is a safe bet for the obvious titles. As for the surprise, I'm not sure if Spacedrake posting all over this thread is a hint or not. :)

Atelier Violet PSP?

androvsky said:
I've seen some hints that we're getting two obvious titles and one surprise. Atelier Totori is about as good as announced and Cladun 2 is a safe bet for the obvious titles. As for the surprise, I'm not sure if Spacedrake posting all over this thread is a hint or not. :)

Atelier Violet PSP?

Haha, no, I'm afraid not :V I just wanted to explain why Lina was so very unlikely (to my neverending dismay).

Namek

Neo Member
I've been to one of their events in the past. It was pretty interesting and they had free food.

I see this one is in San Francisco. Ugk.

androvsky

SpaceDrake said:
Haha, no, I'm afraid not :V I just wanted to explain why Lina was so very unlikely (to my neverending dismay).

In that case, I'm sticking to my original and completely insane guess of Sakura Wars 3 ported to the PS3. Okay, not completely insane, one of their PR people did suggest a couple months ago that they might not be done with the franchise yet.

But still pretty crazy.

I wonder if they've managed to figure out a way of doing Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 for the PS3 yet... it's pretty clear NISA is interested in it, the problem is those games would have a very rough transition to HD.

RurouniZel

androvsky said:
In that case, I'm sticking to my original and completely insane guess of Sakura Wars 3 ported to the PS3. Okay, not completely insane, one of their PR people did suggest a couple months ago that they might not be done with the franchise yet.

But still pretty crazy.

I wonder if they've managed to figure out a way of doing Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 for the PS3 yet... it's pretty clear NISA is interested in it, the problem is those games would have a very rough transition to HD.

o_O I would sacrifice goats to make this happen!!!

I wouldn't actually sacrifice goats, but I would be amazed and splendidly surprised if the bolded above were true.

B.K.

SpaceDrake said:
That's one where the fans really can blame themselves. NISA can't publish what won't sell, and every single indicator they've gotten says Marl games are dead weight in this market.

No. NISA doesn't have anyone to blame but themselves. Rhapsody DS was a buggy port, they cut content that was supposed to be in the game and they didn't use the dubbed songs. It's their fault that it didn't sell.

Jigsaw

Banned
i want totori,last ranker and tale of the last promise (i hope they call it like this,sounds much better than final promise story)

would get criminal girls too if it makes it over

still bitter over the lack of princess antiphona Ò_Ó

androvsky

RurouniZel said:
o_O I would sacrifice goats to make this happen!!!

I wouldn't actually sacrifice goats, but I would be amazed and splendidly surprised if the bolded above were true.

Since you're probably an even bigger fan than I am, I figured I should link to the pathetic morsel of hope I've been clinging to.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...onelico-qoga’s-sensual-powers/#comment-508779
Greetings androvsky,
For the moment, we don’t have any new news for the Sakura Wars series. We definitely are looking at Sakura Wars on PS2 as a success as a lot of people really enjoyed the game. I’d love to see it move up on to the PS3, but at the moment I honestly don’t have any news to confirm or deny.

NISA's been getting better about saying "No, we're not bringing that over, stop asking" lately, so that's why I'm optimistic. Someone else said they were planning on moving on to 3 and 4 if 5 did well, but that was a long, long time ago.

On the other hand, since that comment, Red got bought out by a Chinese MMO company, so who knows what the situation looks like now.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
Ar Tonelico Qoga was oozing with unprecedented quality from NIS. I only hope future releases will be on par, if not better!

Apart from that, the NISA folks are some of the nicest people in the world. :)

DailyVacation said:
Ar Tonelico Qoga was oozing with unprecedented quality from NIS. I only hope future releases will be on par, if not better!

Apart from that, the NISA folks are some of the nicest people in the world. :)

Like how it wasn't fully dubbed?

RurouniZel

androvsky said:
Since you're probably an even bigger fan than I am, I figured I should link to the pathetic morsel of hope I've been clinging to.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...onelico-qoga’s-sensual-powers/#comment-508779

NISA's been getting better about saying "No, we're not bringing that over, stop asking" lately, so that's why I'm optimistic. Someone else said they were planning on moving on to 3 and 4 if 5 did well, but that was a long, long time ago.

On the other hand, since that comment, Red got bought out by a Chinese MMO company, so who knows what the situation looks like now.

Well, all I can hope is that Sega owns the IP and business can still be done. Or that RED holds it entirely (doubtful) and the same counts.

pancakesandsex said:
Like how it wasn't fully dubbed?

That's purely a cost issue, not a "quality" issue. Especially with how many copies the game is expected to sell, the budget simply isn't there to full-dub a lot of those Gust games (which often go full-voice for every scene in the game).

RurouniZel said:
Well, all I can hope is that Sega owns the IP and business can still be done. Or that RED holds it entirely (doubtful) and the same counts.

99% sure that Sega owns the rights to the Sakura Wars IP.

androvsky

Sakura Wars was fully dubbed, and I kinda wish it wasn't, since it'd improve our chances of getting another one. Neptunia was fully dubbed aside from the DLC also, but that was mainly because the original game didn't have a lot of voice acting.

And at least for the PS3 games, they still have the full Japanese track.

RurouniZel

androvsky said:
Sakura Wars was fully dubbed, and I kinda wish it wasn't, since it'd improve our chances of getting another one. Neptunia was fully dubbed aside from the DLC also, but that was mainly because the original game didn't have a lot of voice acting.

And at least for the PS3 games, they still have the full Japanese track.

That's the main reason I'd be more than happy with a port to the PS3; it'd virtually guarantee dual-language. But I agree that I wish SW wasn't fully dubbed as it would cost less and probably would have made more money for N1 in the long run.

SpaceDrake said:
99% sure that Sega owns the rights to the Sakura Wars IP.

My greatest fear is it being a co-owned IP ala Shining Force. Er, I think it was Shining Force. It was an IP that was co-owned with Camelot, like Golden Sun.

androvsky

RurouniZel said:
That's the main reason I'd be more than happy with a port to the PS3; it'd virtually guarantee dual-language. But I agree that I wish SW wasn't fully dubbed as it would cost less and probably would have made more money for N1 in the long run.

My greatest fear is it being a co-owned IP ala Shining Force. Er, I think it was Shining Force. It was an IP that was co-owned with Camelot, like Golden Sun.
It might be, it's always been Red that shops Sakura Wars around for localization, although it's not impossible they were simply acting on Sega's behalf since Sega of America didn't want it.

SpaceDrake said:
That's purely a cost issue, not a "quality" issue. Especially with how many copies the game is expected to sell, the budget simply isn't there to full-dub a lot of those Gust games (which often go full-voice for every scene in the game).

Thank goodness you were here to clear THAT up!

Aeana

SpaceDrake said:
A "cost issue" that impacts the quality of the product.

bh7812

Banned
SpaceDrake said:
Primarily because I'm not actually sure the Rhapsody DS release broke four-figure sales in America. I sure as shit know it didn't manage five.

The only hope I think the West has now for Marl 2, 3 and the PSP one seeing the light of day in English are them getting fan translated at some point. A real shame, I'm not afraid to admit I really liked the first Marl game (Played the original PS1 version of it). I would love to play through the 2nd one and while I know there's a full translation of the script out there looking back and forth between the PSP and script sounds like a pain. I printed that script out..well over 100 pages for that thing alone.

Thankfully, it seems a group is translating Marl 2 to English. but I'll give fair warning there hasn't been a progress update in a while. But the group doing it has a ton of projects on their plate and they seem to get them done so I'm hoping we may see it finally done this year.

Fan translation is the only way I can see the PSP game in English. It looks really good and it's with games like this I give serious thought to trying to learn enough Japanese to at least get the idea of what's going on.

Top Bottom