• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Full Card is out for tonight's finals. It kicks off at 5AM BST, 2AM EST, 11AM PST

(1) KUSHIDA, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku)
(2) Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)
(3) Togi Makabe & David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
(4) Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)
(5) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet)
(6) IWGP Tag Team Championship: War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Cody & Hangman Page)
(7) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Michael Elgin vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & Takashi Iizuka)
(8) CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
(9) G1 Climax 27 Finals: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

Looks like the first half of the undercard is relatively skippable. Looks like Sabre will be set up for an IC title challenge and Elgin for a NEVER title challenge, while, as assumed, it looks like EVIL will be set up for an IWGP challenge against Okada.

fury

Full Card is out for tonight's finals. It kicks off at 5AM BST, 2AM EST, 11AM PST

(1) KUSHIDA, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku)
(2) Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)
(3) Togi Makabe & David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
(4) Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)
(5) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet)
(6) IWGP Tag Team Championship: War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Cody & Hangman Page)
(7) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Michael Elgin vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & Takashi Iizuka)
(8) CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
(9) G1 Climax 27 Finals: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

Looks like the first half of the undercard is relatively skippable. Looks like Sabre will be set up for an IC title challenge and Elgin for a NEVER title challenge, while, as assumed, it looks like EVIL will be set up for an IWGP challenge against Okada.

Thanks

Aizo

Banned
I went to the event yesterday, so I suppose I should share stuff that you all probably saw already in higher quality. Wish I got a better shot of Evil with his scythe.
DHFfvX4VYAQaZ7F.jpg
DHFfvX_UIAARi79.jpg
I also recorded a couple highlights from Okada Vs. Omega.
Omega's old finisher
End of the match

The crowd was way better than when I saw Stardom. They're silent there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did anyone ever win two G1s back to back?

Im sure Naito will win if not only for that, because he needs it more at this point and probably deserves it more too after his ridiculous work as a heel for the last year or so.

But still, if Kenny did win, would that be a first?

So if they are going with Ibushi and Omega when would they start planting even more seeds for this? One of the destruction shows or KoPW? Or maybe they wait even until November to start the program?

Im sure Naito will win if not only for that, because he needs it more at this point and probably deserves it more too after his ridiculous work as a heel for the last year or so.

The crowd is going to be so divided during this match.

Aizo

Banned
Very cool.
Wow that first shot is fantastic!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G1_Climax

Many times, especially if you count older version of the tournament before it was called the G1.
I thought Kenny said after he won last night that he'd be the first two time champion?

Raw64life

I thought Kenny said after he won last night that he'd be the first two time champion?

First two-time gaijin champion.

Still, it was a dumb thing to say because he's the only gaijin to win the G1 period, so of course he'd be the first two-time gaijin champion.

Sick dive from El Desperado

Nice to see Kanemaru get the pin. Love Deep Impact.

Kushida vs El Desperado seems to be the next IWGP JR Heavyweight program. Works for me.

Great brawl

Aizo

Banned
People in the hall coming back from the bathroom were in for a shock seeing them continue the fight hahah.

As good as Nagata looks at his 49, Suzuki looks way better at the same age. I guess Nagata career as ace was more damaging that Suzuki one. I wonder how Tana would look when he is 49.

Anth0ny

Being the Elite coming to HBO! Along with Season 3 of Ballers starring Juice Robinson. Will air just before Game of Thrones to help it get a couple more viewers.

squall23

I'm a casual NJPW fan, so maybe somebody else can answer this, but how does Thunder Liger get the license to use the character and the song?

As good as Nagata looks at his 49, Suzuki looks way better at the same age. I guess Nagata career as ace was more damaging that Suzuki one. I wonder how Tana would look when he is 49.

Nagata doesn't look that much different from when he was in wcw lol.

Both of them did MMA in the NJPW dark era though, and that can certainly take a toll. I didn't see any of Nagata's, but Suzuki did get knocked out quite a few times in Pancrase.

I'm a casual NJPW fan, so maybe somebody else can answer this, but how does Thunder Liger get the license to use the character and the song?

Nagai and NJPW agreed to do it and Liger got the gig. They'd already done it with Tiger Mask and made a lot of money with it.

I love that in response to being called spot monkeys the Bucks just said fine and incorporated a classic NWA style that they pull off with the same level of excellence

Top Bottom