• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

fury

vUmFwPR.jpg

Ithil

The New Japan president kinda gave away the angle, he got right the fuck outta there after giving Omega the belt.

Ultratech

Yeah...that match was pure madness.

Kenny reaching for all the Stars in that one.

Ishii came out of it looking like a goddamn beast.

Foffy

Banned
Putting the belt on Kenny probably means they'd like to have big things for an America expansion.

I mean, Kenny is one of the top four in NJPW, so they better not be pushing him in the midcard.

Foffy

Banned
He was right that the IC belt used to suck, but the NEVER belt is awesome now.

Indeed. I understand why he gave the NEVER belt shit tho: it was supposed be a belt where non-NJPW talent fought over it.

Then it became the midcard hoss title when Makabe, Ishii, and Shibata were juggling it. This is when it got good.

Minoru Suzuki is too good to hold that belt. :(

Fantomex

Awesome! Glad the two of you had a great time.

Thanks brother. I'll write about in the community thread if anyone wants me to. We the crowd were freaking hype. I think the only people that got booed were Cody and then Billy Gunn for a bit. One hilarious part was when chodes tried to start chants like if they were at full sail. Dudes tried to start just retire to Billy, You deserve it and some other lame ones and we would tell them to STFU they would quiet down really quick. There was a point where a dude told Zack Saber that he was a midget that couldn't wrestle and some dude was like "shut up or I'll beat your ass", that kind of set the tone haha. Everyone just wanted it to be new Japan and not wwe. And we all didn't want NJPW ago think we were trash. Kenny, Marty and Okada were absolute gentlemen and would greet us.

If any of you went to the show. Meet some of us at the In N Out on Atlantic. About 5-10 mins from the arena

hitme

back from the event.. oh...

I RODE THE HOTEL ELEVATOR WITH OKADA, TIGER HATTORI JIM ROSS.

(and caught Jay Briscoe's sweaty bandanna).

Thanks brother. I'll write about in the community thread if anyone wants me to. We the crowd were freaking hype. I think the only people that got booed were Cody and then Billy Gunn for a bit. One hilarious part was when chodes tried to start chants like if they were at full sail. Dudes tried to start just retire to Billy, You deserve it and some other lame ones and we would tell them to STFU they would quiet down really quick. There was a point where a dude told Zack Saber that he was a midget that couldn't wrestle and some dude was like "shut up or I'll beat your ass", that kind of set the tone haha. Everyone just wanted it to be new Japan and not wwe. And we all didn't want NJPW ago think we were trash. Kenny, Marty and Okada were absolute gentlemen and would greet us.

If any of you went to the show. Meet some of us at the In N Out on Atlantic. About 5-10 mins from the arena

Would love a write up on your experience. Glad people tried to keep a handle on the crowd!

Indeed. I understand why he gave the NEVER belt shit tho: it was supposed be a belt where non-NJPW talent fought over it.

Then it became the midcard hoss title when Makabe, Ishii, and Shibata were juggling it. This is when it got good.

Minoru Suzuki is too good to hold that belt. :(

It's a good fit for him as the Strong Style guy, though I wonder who could take it for him. My hope is Ishii, I'd love to see him go back to it.

wait did ropongi vice split? what happened?

Rocky said they talked before the show and said if they lost Beretta would go heavyweight. They lost, so Beretta is moving to the heavyweight division.

Not sure what happens to Rocky, but there's talk he's retiring to focus on his behind-the-scenes position with NJPW.

Rocky said they talked before the show and said if they lost Beretta would go heavyweight. They lost, so Beretta is moving to the heavyweight division.

Not sure what happens to Rocky, but there's talk he's retiring to focus on his behind-the-scenes position with NJPW.
Trent is heavyweight now? That RULES

Foffy

Banned

Awh, I loved Rocky in the ring.

I know there were rumors when AJ and co split that he was suggested a trainer role in WWE, so perhaps if there's any weight to this in Rocky's desires, he might be a trainer for the New Japan Dojo.

Top Bottom