• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No big Assassin's Creed in 2021/2022. Instead a major DLC ala Far Cry New Dawn

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
First it was found in ACV files that a new DLC is coming:
EyDRntxWEAYTCsB

"By searching in the files of #ACValhalla one can find traces of a possible third DLC entitled "Meteor" Case to be continued ..."
Source

Which someone responded with this:
"Rumors about the Crusades, the Templars ... were they real?
You would be surprised ... Maybe one day I will tell you, but METEOR is not that, almost 100% it will be like Valhalla, after all it's like a DLC
The AC that changes things will not happen for a few years."

And:
"Now that this has been revealed, I can talk about it without giving details. I speak according to the image.
DO NOT expect a full saga game in 2022. As you can see from the picture, this is NEW DLC and I imagine it will be like Far Cry New Dawn.
And yes, Meteor is the current code name"

Source

Update:

Next Assassin's Creed was centered on Richard Lion's Heart but COVID slowed the project and it is now almost paused in order to favor the development of the 3rd DLC. It was a smaller episode targeting a 2022 release date.
The team was smaller as those dealing with the main episodes.

Everything has been postponed because of COVID (latest AC: Valhalla DLC by two weeks, Far Cry 6 to the end of this year, same for Rainbow Six Quarantine...)
If you waiting for some news about Skulls & Bones or BG&E2, we need to be patient as It's not releasing soon.

At the same time, the excellent results of AC: Valhalla made Ubisoft decide to extend the duration of the support for the game.
Ubisoft is working on the 3rd DLC for AC: Valhalla named Project Meteor. It has just started full development and it's shaping to be really big.

All of this is by j0nathan. He is quite reliable for AC stuff. Source (in Frenh):

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Not surprising, they were clearly going for a cadence of a new game every couple of years, and Covid probably means they need an extra stop gap. AC:V getting DLC though the end of 2021 was always the plan, so a Expandelone in 2022 is a good spacer for the next main entry with a new focus.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I hope this is true. I'm not yet ready for another full AssCreed, but the DLC/expansions on the previous 2 games were stellar, about as long or longer and better than other medium sized games and I would totally be down for more of the same.

Trogdor1123

Wasn't Valhalla actually really good? So this is actually not a bad approach?I'm waiting for it to be less than 40 cdn to buy it

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Codename Meteor? Has this something to do with the meteor strikes that sometimes occur in the game?

sainraja

I use to really like Assassins Creed games but man have they dropped the ball on the combat in the series! Platforming is still good though!

Vestal

Gold Member
Good.. They need to work on a new engine and rework the game loop a bit. Let it cook for a while and then do a big reveal.

Honestly they need to decide if they want to go back to what Asscreed was (Stealth assassination being the main focus) or open all out combat. Both are viable, but 1 suffers from the other if you mix them too heavily.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
They are sure taking their time with the big DLC's for Valhalla, I bet the gold edition owners are super happy about it. The game was released in November and the first one is scheduled for the end of April.

Last edited:

isual

Valhalla is ok. I have it on ps5. But something just feels off about it. When i compare it to odyssey, the QoL stiff is far better in odyssey.

BaneIsPain

The cycle is over for nu-AC. Time for refresh gameplay and maybe a better modern story.

AC Origins:2017
AC Odyssey:2018
AC Valhalla:2020

I can't think of any other major publisher I am burnt out on every game they make.

I want the Ubisoft who made Rayman Legends and Child of Dawn back.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Like this fucking game needs to be any longer..

holy shit who want that 😂😂

Buki1

Does it matter? Do these games matter? Do people actually enjoy these mediocre games?

Yes, I enjoy it. Ubisoft can create amazing worlds to explore. If you play this kinda games for the sense of adventure, not for the difficult challenge to beat, those games offer great way to zone out of real life. Sure, Rockstar do it better, some Sony open worlds do it better, some rpg do it too while providing more complex mechanics, but still Ubisoft is the top developer to create that kind of virtual tourism, which I enjoy even more now, during covid lockdowns.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean yeah they should do this with every new AC game. We don’t need a new one every year.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I would strongly prefer shorter AC games. Valhalla was too much. Way too fucking much. I really liked the first 30-40 hours and then kind of forced myself to go through the rest of it. I just can't do 100 hours in the same fucking game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
And literally nothing of value was lost. Moreover, I won't shed a single tear if no AC (or any other Ubisoft open world crap for that matter) will be released at all.

Fredrik

Let me play it without having to play through main Valhalla and I might try it. I stopped and uninstalled it after encountering a save bug and have zero plans to wade through that crap again.

Stuart360

Let me play it without having to play through main Valhalla and I might try it. I stopped and uninstalled it after encountering a save bug and have zero plans to wade through that crap again.
Well by the sound of it, they are going for like they did with Far Cry New Dawn. So it will probably be standalone.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Update:

Next Assassin's Creed was centered on Richard Lion's Heart but COVID slowed the project and it is now almost paused in order to favor the development of the 3rd DLC. It was a smaller episode targeting a 2022 release date.

Everything has been postponed because of COVID (latest AC: Valhalla DLC by two weeks, Far Cry 6 to the end of this year, same for Rainbow Six Quarantine...)
If you waiting for some news about Skulls & Bones or BG&E2, we need to be patient as It's not releasing soon.

At the same time, the excellent results of AC: Valhalla made Ubisoft decide to extend the duration of the support for the game.
Ubisoft is working on the 3rd DLC for AC: Valhalla named Project Meteor. It has just started full development and it's shaping to be really big.

All of this is by j0nathan. He is quite reliable for AC stuff. Source (in Frenh):

Update:

I mean cool that they're working on the 3rd DLC, but where are the first two?

Top Bottom