• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs for the first time in 46 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta pour one out for my Canadian homies.

BEHuEZr.jpg

Glistening... like the morning sun.

Thank you.

I blame Benning for the Canucks failures.

He's awful.

It's hard to disagree with this sentiment after the joke that was the trade deadline but I think we should give him a little more time before booting him out. All the rumours about ownership being a bunch of meddling wankers doesn't help anyone.

Why did this happen?

Jets, Oilers, Flames, Canucks and Leafs are all in different stages of rebuild/denialbuild.

Senators and Habs lost key players to serious injury and weren't able to fill the gaps those absences created.

Add onto that the Low Canadian Dollar and we loose all of our good players to teams in the USA because they can just pay more, both in base salary and the conversion rate bonus

Players are paid in USD.

Celegus

Holy crap I haven't paid attention since the first few weeks of the season, but I thought the Habs were a lock. If Price went down, though... Ouch.

darscot

Canadian teams lose players to American teams based on taxes and climate. Its just another reason I hate the cap, if Edmonton can afford too they should be able to lure a few veterans with big salaries and over pay.

darscot

Canadiens is what French-Canadians called themselves way before English Canadians decided to call themselves as Canadians as well.

Anglo Canadians were just British Subjects at the time, not using the word Canadian

They will always be the Habs to me, I wonder what most fans consider them now a days

MutFox

Banned
Next year will be different.
Though 46 years with not having nearly as many teams as the US is a very good streak.

US can't have that same streak,
as there's not even enough Canadian teams to fill one playoff conference.

Oozer3993

More importantly, the Red Wings playoff streak is about to come to an end. =(

Yeah, this is far more concerning. There are people who have graduated college having never lived in a world where the Red Wings failed to make the playoffs. Only God knows how they're going to react to this disaster. Dammit Wings, go on a run already!

Yeah, this is far more concerning. There are people who have graduated college having never lived in a world where the Red Wings failed to make the playoffs. Only God knows how they're going to react to this disaster. Dammit Wings, go on a run already!

Hopefully the streak ending means that Illitch has transferred all his voodoo magic to the Tigers and they'll win the world series this year.

right? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom