• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Fat Drake in Uncharted 4

Acosta

Neil said:
"I didn't want to have a laugh at someone’s expense," adding that, "I thought we’d matured beyond that."

http://www.gamesradar.com/therell-be-no-donut-drake-uncharted-4/

It seems it´s actually in the code, but they won't release it. (I have tried to find a thread for this to not avail, sorry if old).

Too beautiful for this world...

fdbab9b36cecae78c78b503cad8098cb.jpg

RIP

Boo!!!

"I didn't want to have a laugh at someone’s expense."

It's a digital character! It's Drake eating a lot of Donut and getting fat. It's a game character! You serious people!

"I thought we’d matured beyond that."

No! No, we haven't! Maybe you have after making The Last of Us and getting rid of Amy but no one else have!

2serious4me

Doughnut Drake got Druckmann'd ;_;

cantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Really not a big deal at all, we didn't get a Jumbo Joel so I didn't expect a Doughnut Drake.

Bummer, the donut characters were my goto in multiplayer. Would've been hilarious watching Donut Drake fly around with the rope.

dity

Don't worry everyone, you can still draw Fat Drake in MSPaint and chuckle by yourself... and then feel bad knowing Neil thinks you're a bad person. You can still do it!

Overweight people?

Yea politically correct and all that.

Totally. I'm sure this is what they are tryna avoid.
Look at the kerfuffle already with Laura Bailey playing a black character, people can be sensitive to a lot of things.

Hopefully ND have other jokey alternatives to doughnut Drake in the game.

dugdug

Banned
This is bullshit. I know it's just a dumb skin, but, this, plus all the doom-and-gloom trailers we've had up to now, makes me a little worried this entry will be tonally inconsistent with the rest of the series.

Like, I'm just trying to have some fun, dawg. Don't need to go on a super emotional journey. Let me be fat as shit if I want to be.

Shifty

Gosh darn Anoota Smirkeesian taking the fun out of our videogames again!

Seriously though, Donut Drake is the best thing. This call shouldn't have been made, and I say that as someone who's had self-consciousness issues with their weight in the past.

Top Bottom