• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No, Fuck This. You Dont Just Get to Go Back To Normal

Barsinister

Banned
He sets the example by looking like this....

lCBx83U.jpg

Glad whenever people realize what kind of an authoritarian farce Era is. It's as progressive as any absolute totalitarian place can be that can ban you for constantly growing list of arbitrary reasons. Totally progressive. Some people on Era want liking chicken sandwiches a bannable offense (I am not kidding). But, remember - they are controlling speech to make a safe spaces This reminds me of another song I heard once.

Last edited:

Glad whenever people realize what kind of an authoritarian farce Era is. It's as progressive as any absolute totalitarian place can be that can ban you for constantly growing list of arbitrary reasons. Totally progressive. Some people on Era want liking chicken sandwiches a bannable offense (I am not kidding). But, remember - they are controlling speech to make a safe spaces This reminds me of another song I heard once.

He got banned from the echo chamber that spawned from the original echo chamber years after he chastised the original echo chamber for being an echo chamber yet praised the person who made it a echo chamber.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
He got banned from the echo chamber that spawned from the original echo chamber years after he Chastised the original echo chamber for being an echo chamber yet praised the person who made it a echo chamber.

🤷🏼‍♂️

1s5AhmH.gif

Carry the one... Bring down the two.... Cross multiply....

Okay I am understanding the comedy in all this now.

This is a potential goldmine.

Last edited:

Seeing the name Crossing Eden in the OP really brings you back. One of the biggest lunatics the site ever saw and was just completely protected at all times. I actually forgot the name until now.

My brain had blocked everything from before. I saw Bish mentioned and GAF history flew threw my brain and I landed in the Aneurysm thread.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hilarious thread, but I’m glad he was given a second chance.

I’m glad he’s being ripped a new one for his dumb comments.

This is what culture should be. Stern, not putting up with bullshit, but with forgiveness, if you want to put yourself on the right track.

Hopefully, he takes this in stride, versus rage quitting, and becomes a better person for it. If not, and he can’t get past his ego, no big loss, but at least we still gave him the chance. Cancel culture and permanent unpersoning could never do that.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm surprised Legacyzero was banned for a pretty benign reply. I thought he was one of the protected ones. Maybe now that Royalan is gone and a more moderate like Pirate is an admin they're going to finally be getting rid of these assholes who were constantly aggressive but always managed to dodge bans.

Mista

Banned
I'm surprised Legacyzero was banned for a pretty benign reply. I thought he was one of the protected ones. Maybe now that Royalan is gone and a more moderate like Pirate is an admin they're going to finally be getting rid of these assholes who were constantly aggressive but always managed to dodge bans.
Not anymore.

brap

Banned

This is what culture should be. Stern, not putting up with bullshit, but with forgiveness, if you want to put yourself on the right track.

Hopefully, he takes this in stride, versus rage quitting, and becomes a better person for it. If not, and he can’t get past his ego, no big loss, but at least we still gave him the chance. Cancel culture and permanent unpersoning could never do that.
We have to be like the russian police. Stern, stern but fair.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

He’s not just going to magically give up all his convictions and beliefs. If he actually engages here with any kind of authenticity I would be surprised and cautiously optimistic.

I've been a member for over ten years and just barely broke 1600. I have no post game.

I have no idea how I made it to 5k since I think 2013. Don’t really feel I’m very active. I usually pop into threads or discord to drop a few jokes randomly then disappear.

That's basically my stance on this.
If he can take the earned punches, let him be back.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Still, though, it's interesting to see how quickly things have escalated in just two years. Self-proclaimed feminist progressive allies like LZ, who were part of the vanguard in jumping ship to ResetEra, have now been labeled misogynists and nazis by that community for not being extreme enough in their opinions.
The forum was founded out of a witchunt, it shouldn't be any surprise that there's backbiting. If you have to have an enemy no matter what, eventually everyone is an enemy.

rykomatsu

Unlike REEEEE, if we don't like what we see, most folks here can probably ignore anything he says and move on without getting a aneurism.

-Arcadia-

Banned
He’s not just going to magically give up all his convictions and beliefs. If he actually engages here with any kind of authenticity I would be surprised and cautiously optimistic.

Well... we saw how long his convictions in the OP lasted, lol.

You have a point, though. It isn’t necessarily easy. However, it’s kind of a win/win. This sustained roasting either leads to self-reflection, or he changes nothing, and effectively bans himself. At least this way, he got a chance.

Tbh, since I’ve come to Neogaf, I’ve seen that people are more capable of change than I thought. You can’t expend effort on someone that doesn’t want to be saved, but it’s possible a bit more than you might think.

Plus, if the man whose face you spit in, gives you a second chance, albeit with a roasting to a never-before-seen level :messenger_tears_of_joy:, while your ‘allies’ at Reset permabanned you, there’s a kind of a grace in that, that speaks for itself. I hope he listens.

Top Bottom