• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No, Fuck This. You Dont Just Get to Go Back To Normal

Pretty odd to talk about your YouTube channel in terms of what money you make rather than the community you built or the people you've entertained.

As someone who writes gay furry Sonic and knuckles fanfiction hearing about how many people found some joy in my work versus the 5k or so I make off each short story... well I would be proud of one of those and never talk about the other

Fret Runner

If there's even a 1% chance that letting the old loonies back in would resurrect "Pop-GAF" we have to take it as a absolute certainty. And if that's the case, well,
FarFavoriteConey-max-1mb.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Who is Bish?

IYpsr8Q.jpg

Ah, nostalgia.

A mod that had this as his avatar. The community stupidly took his Sam Jackson avatar into memetics, praising him as a badass at every corner, posting Samuel gifs and celebrating him coming into mass ban people in threads, and ofc it went to his head.

Add in one sprinkle of 2010s identity politics, and you have a cool guy that just became... ugh.

That’s a culture that never needs to come back, btw. We should appreciate the work that mods do for us, but celebrating them as literal gods that can do no wrong was part of the downfall of 1.0, imo.

NickFire

Somebody I thought was a decent mod. People loved him here for a reason. The spectacle mainly.

Turns out that he'd been banning lists of people for stupid mundane shit. I had no idea, even with my exit post.
What's it like to spend two years swirling in a toilet only to have the steaming nut laden poo kick you out of the bowl for either being too shitty or not shitty enough?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Somebody I thought was a decent mod. People loved him here for a reason. The spectacle mainly.

Turns out that he'd been banning lists of people for stupid mundane shit. I had no idea, even with my exit post.

It wasn't just the OT where it was happening. He did it in Gaming as well, banning a ton of people as "astroturfers" while "verfiying" FUD spreaders as "legit".

Whitesnake

Banned
I don’t know how people like you got the impression that Era was going to be any better. It was specifically made to be the same community run by the same people as NeoGAF was.

If you take all the same shitty people and move them to a different place where they can spew the same shit as before, the same shit is going to happen.

legacyzero

Banned
Kind and noble gesture, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll cool down from Deranged Narcissist Soyboy Mode based on currently available data.
I'm all kinds of surprises. Theres still time to reconsider 😏

Do you prefer butts or breasts

Asking for a friend

Yes.
Just for the record, I am not angry that a person makes money on YouTube. I also enjoyed the bit of "No Man's Sky" that I played. I was just making a simple observation in an attempt to understand what makes the guy tick.

Seeing that he has now posted, I am getting a better impression of him. Interesting......

It's not that tough. I've enjoyed creating things that have no business being offered up in the algorithm to even the just over 1m views who've come to my channel. I'm proud and fortunate
legacyzero legacyzero I hope you stick around. We can always use voices, be it left right or center. Voices who dont need a 'safe space' or an echo chamber.
Real discussion, not 50 replies of 'fuck trump' in a row.
Well thank you, maybe I will.

I hope you're ready for a lot of preaching about our lord and savior Bernie Sanders and shaking my head at dudes crying about "SJWs" 🤣

Corrik

Yes.

It's not that tough. I've enjoyed creating things that have no business being offered up in the algorithm to even the just over 1m views who've come to my channel. I'm proud and fortunate

I hope you're ready for a lot of preaching about our lord and savior Bernie Sanders and shaking my head at dudes crying about "SJWs" 🤣
We don't really care who you support as long as you are able to accept others have other opinions and support other candidates as well.

If you revert to "omg someone supports Trump they are racist". Then you won't be long for here.

Welcome back. Hope ya stay. Hopefully you realize the ribbing you are getting in this thread is mostly in jest making fun of the past.

NickFire

I have been ready for someone to explain the virtues of free shit for everyone Bernie for 4 years now. So I accept your offer, and humbly request that you begin with a list of things Bernie accomplished as a Senator. And by accomplished, I mean being the main person who authored and promoted a bill that became the law of the land.

-Arcadia-

Banned

fuu1fBn.gif

Really though, as long as you’re chill and actually talk with people, it doesn’t matter. Some people talk about those things here, but they’re so aggressive and intellectually dishonest, they bring misery to every thread. Their methods are the real problem.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

This facade you’re putting forward is painfully awkward and insincere. There’s nothing to reconsider on my end.

You clearly care a whole lot about politics, and about the attention you’re getting here today. That’s all fine.

It’s the front you’re desperately trying to sell, about being above everything and everyone, that puts you below everyone here in actuality.

Peel it back and have a normal conversation. You can do that on GAF without the theatrics.

legacyzero

Banned
This facade you’re putting forward is painfully awkward and insincere. There’s nothing to reconsider on my end.

You clearly care a whole lot about politics, and about the attention you’re getting here today. That’s all fine.

It’s the front you’re desperately trying to sell, about being above everything and everyone, that puts you below everyone here in actuality.

Peel it back and have a normal conversation. You can do that on GAF without the theatrics.
Was just goig along with the spirit of the thread, my bad

Thaedolus

Gold Member
To be fair, $1700 about 2/3rds a mortgage payment for me so for 10 years of work homey could pay for my house for 20 days

though I do jest, I’m sure he’s mostly doing it for fun...maybe

Facism

What's it like to spend two years swirling in a toilet only to have the steaming nut laden poo kick you out of the bowl for either being too shitty or not shitty enough?

now when you're saying nut, do you mean actual nuts or nut nut?

The important questions, i know.

Last edited:
Add in one sprinkle of 2010s identity politics

Seeing this referred to in the past tense is soothing to my soul. We are not out of the woods yet but the new decade promises light at the end of the tunnel. Or war, plague, famine, robot uprisings, and cats and dogs living together. Anyway, fuck the 2010s. Glad to see the back of it. To the undiscovered country.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Seeing this referred to in the past tense is soothing to my soul. We are not out of the woods yet but the new decade promises light at the end of the tunnel. Or war, plague, famine, robot uprisings, and cats and dogs living together. Anyway, fuck the 2010s. Glad to see the back of it. To the undiscovered country.

Hitler comparison tho!

bronk

Banned
Legacyofzero you gotta be trolling....this can't be how you really are? I picture an Andy Dick look alike cackling hysterically at his computer. Now try to talk normal and stop being a dork.

legacyzero

Banned
Legacyofzero you gotta be trolling....this can't be how you really are? I picture an Andy Dick look alike cackling hysterically at his computer. Now try to talk normal and stop being a dork.
I dont know what any of this means lol

Actually, I do know who Andy Dick is and I can why that might bother you.

Bolivar687

Banned
The more time goes by, the less sense the exodus persists in making.

I don't get how you criticize what the problem is, then leave to follow the problem, then continue to stay there with ban after ban slapping you across the face with what the problem is. I mean, even oldGAF before the apocalypse wasn't oldGAF. Are people just really addicted to this toxic herd of personalities?

Anyway, reconciliation requires penance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The more time goes by, the less sense the exodus persists in making.

I don't get how you criticize what the problem is, then leave to follow the problem, then continue to stay there with ban after ban slapping you across the face with what the problem is. I mean, even oldGAF before the apocalypse wasn't oldGAF. Are people just really addicted to this toxic herd of personalities?

Anyway, reconciliation requires penance.

It's easy to get in a routine and not really realize the full extent of what's going on.

Top Bottom