• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No judging - how many PS5 consoles did you preorder?

So - how many?

Votes: 154 30.6%

Votes: 63 12.5%

Votes: 34 6.7%

Votes: 6 1.2%

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • >5

Votes: 24 4.8%
  • None

Votes: 220 43.7%

• Total voters

Kupfer

You do not have to justify yourself and say for whom and why, but you can if you want to.
For me, it's 3. I want a PS5 day one for sure. So one console to play Cyberpunk, one will be stored on OFW 1.0 and the third will be sold for 499€ and is just a backup if one order doesn't make it day 1.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I ended up with 3, I'm keeping my instore pickup at Best Buy and if my wife wants it at launch I'll keep my Target one for the 5% discount. Will be cancelling my Amazon one, and my Sony email offer will go to waste, hopefully that just means somebody else can get one without dealing with the nonsense in store.

Krisprolls

Banned
I preordered 2, one from Amazon Germany, and one from Amazon France (I live in France).

One will go to a friend in London if he can't get his preorder soon. Otherwise I'll cancel it.

1 for myself. I hope that all the people who truly want one can get one this November, these consoles are clearly hard to come across so anybody who doesn't actually want one to game on is better off cancelling so others can play too.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
One regular and once DE, just because I haven't fully decided yet. Will cancel one of them before release.

Cyborg

Payed for one. I have also one pre-orderd just in case, Im number 27 in store. I will keep that one if some friends are not able to find one they can have my pre-order.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i blindly bought a PS4 Pro on release and the fan makes it pretty much fucking unplayable in the evenings, ima gonna hold off and wait till after Xmas and see how the console plays out technically wise and build wise, am i fuck getting stuck with another machine that cant cut the mustard besides theres fuck all i wanna play on it release time anyways, will probably dive in and buy when either the proper next gen versions of CyberPunk or RDR2 release

FunkMiller

i blindly bought a PS4 Pro on release and the fan makes it pretty much fucking unplayable in the evenings, ima gonna hold off and wait till after Xmas and see how the console plays out technically wise and build wise, am i fuck getting stuck with another machine that cant cut the mustard besides theres fuck all i wanna play on it release time anyways, will probably dive in and buy when either the proper next gen versions of CyberPunk or RDR2 release

I ended up yanking the top off mine. It plays quieter.

Two, got one order in yesterday, but on a second rate retailer, I dont have much confidence in their stock and preorder capabilities.

Got one good order in with a first rate retailer, that had pre announced what time they'd open up and followed through with it.

poodaddy

Gold Member
None, just don't care to pick it up yet. I'll get it eventually when it gets hard to resist Demon's Souls.

Kupfer

"None" is a legit answer because anyone can calculate the percentage of the respective preorder minus the "None"s themselves if (s)he is interested in the result of preorders only.
The way the poll is now posed, anyone can say something about the reasons why/why not including the ones who didn't preorder.

Ellery

Just one. Me and my mate made a deal that we try to pre order 2 if the other person isn't able to / doesn't get one, but we both could pre order them so we both got one.

20cent

Banned
Was going to pre-order one where I live today...

The official pre-order window was about 2 hours - you go on Sony website and leave your phone number and ID, and they'll contact you to pay a deposit if you're lucky.
I couldn't access the website at all...

Now shops are taking pre-order for 2x the retail price. "Free Market" a colleague just told me. Imagine the scalper trash logic from regular shops.

I'm getting an Xbox.

OutRun88

None. I took a few days away from paying much attention to the internet, and next thing I know the PS5 price and release date were announced along with preorders being sold out everywhere.

Oh well *shrug*

I cancelled my preorder again once I got rid of the "I wants the shiny!" thought and realized that there really is only Demon`s Souls on that console for me until Horizon or GoW launch (I already have a beefy PC).

So, whoever got my preorder spot, enjoy it and I´ll join later next year :)

Kdad

1 of each.

BD for full backwards compatibility with PS4, which i 'skipped', for the new media room i'm creating.

DE for the bedroom for Netflix and digital games which are accessible via PS+

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
I pre-ordered the PS5 with BD drive. Unfortunately the digital model was not available. If the version without drive is available again, I will probably sell the PS5 with drive locally (via Ebay etc.) for the normal price.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
First of all I really wanted the digital edition, mostly because it looks nicer to me and I never use discs. Also I really don't want to miss out on playing on launch day.

So...
I pre-ordered a 'PS5' back in Jan, but didn't receive any confirmation prior to when others were selling, so felt the need to secure 1. Also this retailer didn't communicate how/if I would get to choose between digital and disc (so far looks like disc).

So at midnight some UK retailers started to sell, the only one I could get was a DIsc based one. But thought at least this has been confirmed, so was a good backup. They also allow in-store pick up on launch day, so I know at least it will be playable on the day.

Then I saw another retailer were selling Digital editions the following morning (was about 6:30 am) so immediately snatched one. I have never used this retailer for console launch day purchases so have no idea if it will actually arrive that day.

Finally at 9am that morning Amazon listed the Digital and I managed to get one, and all the accessories I need/want. I'm pretty confident they will deliver.

So as it stands I have 3 (maybe 4). But I only want to keep 1. I will likely cancel the 2 disc versions and keep the other 2 digital editions. Whichever comes first I will keep and use, the other I will sell to a friend (at face value).

Last edited:

Mithos

NONE!

At the low low price of us$680 or even above, I don't see it being sold out very long, if at all (locally).

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
2 because I don't trust walmart and Amazon gives me cash back on my card at 5%

If I get both at launch I'll give one away as a Christmas gift

MilkyJoe

Pre-ordering takes away the greatest of new console traditions, refreshing the page of the stock checker website, and clambering to get a console in your basket before they're sold out.

Call me old fashioned... :messenger_relieved:

Top Bottom