• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No judging - how many PS5 consoles did you preorder?

So - how many?

Votes: 154 30.6%

Votes: 63 12.5%

Votes: 34 6.7%

Votes: 6 1.2%

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • >5

Votes: 24 4.8%
  • None

Votes: 220 43.7%

• Total voters

Cato

Banned
None. I am not in a hurry. I will buy 2, possibly 3, once the initial rush dies off.
One for me,
One for the boy.
And one to remain in its box until CFW is available.

You do you,

Krisprolls

Banned
There is a none option to vote for.

You'll be happy to know that i voted none and agree with Trimesh.

Yes, that's dumb but you're right there's a "none" option at the end I hadn't seen.

Cue all the people who didn't buy it tell us they didn't buy it lol

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
3, target best buy and walmart. 1 for me, 1 for my nephew and 1 for a friend who's credit card kept getting denied so I snagged one for him too. But my buddy still wants to keep trying so I may cancel his before release day

GHG

Gold Member
None. I'll decide what I'm doing once the situation on the exclusive game I want is clear.

If it never becomes clear then I'll wait for the real next gen games to start rolling in along with a black version of the console.

TacosNSalsa

Possibly 2 . I got one on Amazon the night it went live. I also have the email from Sony, but I'm not sure what to expect . They gave me a start time and then they place you in a waiting room . After what happened yesterday to some sites I kinda worry that there will be hitches to it just down right not working ..lol.

In any case with something like this i dont believe i have anything secured till it says out for delivery

Vawn

Banned
Technically 0, since I was sleeping and missed the tiny available window. Luckily, my friend got two and I'm buying one off him.

Ar¢tos

None. I'm interested but in no rush. I'll get one whenever I can just walk in a store and buy it (sometime next year...)

Sethbacca

2 because I don't trust walmart and Amazon gives me cash back on my card at 5%

If I get both at launch I'll give one away as a Christmas gift

This is pretty much it. I don't trust Walmart. I'll feel confident enough if I get one of the Sony preorders today to cancel my Walmart preorder and free that up for someone else.

checkcola

ZERO! I got other things (real life medical bills), so I don't think I'll be able to worry about next gen til the summer months. I wouldn't have won the pre-order chaos anyway. LOL

1 from one and 2 from another. 1 to me, 1 to friend, 3rd maybe another friend or sell it.

But not sure I get them all, they sold out in less than a minute

mekes

Just 1. I joined a pre-preorder thing many months back. I now have 3 weeks to confirm I want it, at any point and I’m 3rd in the queue upon submitting my intention of purchase.

I also have an option of having one with 20% off via a friend who works for Sony but I’ll pass on that in case I can’t receive on launch day.

dorkimoe

1 walmart
1 target
1 amazon

I have cancelled the target one though. The only reason I have multiples is because I wanted it from bestbuy or amazon. Bestbuy didnt work and by the time it did, I already had one on amazon. I will not flip any, I will cancel once one ships

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
S9eei.gif

Bog

Junior Ace
Six so far. I’ve just grabbed them when I’ve seen them. First two to get here win. The rest are probably going to family members if they want them, or being returned.

Last edited:
I picked up 2 I get the secondary PS5 and the Primary goes in the Family room for the rest of them. My Primary PS4 is in there as well so we should be able to have 3 people using the PS4 games... Be some nice multiplayer

rob305

1, from amazon US. Been trying to get a backup though, hoping I can get a BB order because I dont trust amazon with this

TheMan

Just one. I considered preordering from Sony themselves after hearing that Target is unreliable, but as usual work got in the way so I didn't.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
One.
I'm not a dirt bag.
I didn't need any extra for my "wife" or "kids"
That is my favorite defense.
Most on this board can only afford on brand of console but now they are giving everyone in their house their own PS5.
Yeah right.
How generous.

Lol I wish I had family members like that

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I got one at Target but wasn't feeling good about it since I had to mash the order button a hundred times while it told me it was out of stock.

So I was able to get one at Amazon.

So far neither has been cancelled and if I get the 2nd one then I've got a buddy who wasn't able to get one that I'll send his way for cost+shipping.

Reactions: Isa
Zero, I've never bought a console day one because the first batch always gets improved on weather it be lower voltage use (ps4) or longer battery (Switch).

My October and November will be filled anyways with ToCSIV.

cormack12

Gold Member
I wonder if we will get any of those videos of people buying the consoles to shoot them for youtube views this year

spookyfish

I have one at Walmart (ha!) and had one at Target. I canceled the Target version, because I think I want to wait until Best Buy has it available again. I'm only keeping one. Not selling the other; I'll just cancel/return it.

Bought an extra controller at Target, and the camera/charger from BB.

I pre ordered 3 disk versions. One will serve as my machine, the second I pre ordered on behalf of a friend and the third is a backup just in case my first PS5 preorder falls through for any reason in regards to stock issues. If all is good on stock I'll cancel the third. I'm not about to scalp it.

My unit is from Amazon UK, my friends from GAME UK (Basically GameStop) and the third from Shopto. I don't trust GAME whatsoever hence the backup pre order from Shopto.

Last edited:
One, confirmation number in hand.

Had opportunities for 2 others:

One carted at Gametop and decided I didn't want to pay for the bundle.
Second opportunity was I had the link to the amazon backdoor thing when it was still available but the digital was already sold out only the disc version was available so I passed.

Top Bottom