• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

I've been playing for a long time too I know where to look for plutonium, I think my best hope is to find a abandoned base or anything that might have a save point with canisters near it as there be no crystals here.
I'll try the dismantle option when all hope is lost.
I had this same issue one time before, I searched for hours and almost just gave up. I did eventually find some that just didn't show up on my scanner for some reason, which made it easy to miss.

edit: glad to see you found some :)

Patch number 4 of this experimental cycle.

Fixed a rare issue we've spotted whereby Steam cloudsync saves interfere and corrupt save files during conversion. This patch prevents this by renaming your save files, so that there's no conflict between old cloudsync saves and your new upgraded save files.

If the last patch is anything to go by the next patch will be 1.41 :D

They certainly seem to be in no rush to avoid more bugs.

Fixed a rare issue we've spotted whereby Steam cloudsync saves interfere and corrupt save files during conversion. This patch prevents this by renaming your save files, so that there's no conflict between old cloudsync saves and your new upgraded save files.

Could be the last patch for a few months...

OuterLimits

I'm hoping it goes live soon. I do appreciate them taking their time though since sometimes the updates introduce new bugs. Or actually sometimes they bring back bugs that were fixed before. For example, the plasma grenade not fully charging when using resources was fixed months ago, but is now back in the game after the Atlas update.

This update will make landing on paradise planets exciting in Survival mode. Granted, not sure what the odds are of not having the annoying sentinels will be, but at least it won't be 100% anymore.

cjdunn

From Steam:
Atlas Rises Patch 1.38
No Man's Sky - HG_Hohbes

Hello!

Thanks for all your continued feedback - we’ve been listening carefully and have continued to make a number of improvements and today we're releasing Patch 1.38. In this patch we’re introducing an overhauled save system, which makes managing saves between game modes much easier. Read on for full patch notes!

New save system
  • You will now be presented with 5 save-game slots (each of which can be used for any game mode). Your existing saves will be mapped into these slots
  • Selecting an empty slot will start a new game, allowing you to then pick which game mode to play from the mode select menu
  • There are now two sub-slots for each save-game - one for auto saves, one for manual saves
  • Starting a new game with no existing saves will take you directly to mode select

If you experience any problems with the new save system, be sure to let us know!

Improvements & changes
  • Made the temperature range of dead planets more varied
  • In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height
  • The Analysis Visor can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time
  • Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their class, type and value at a distance
  • The Analysis Visor can be used to see the approximate distance of resources discovered with the Scanner
  • Added error message when no outpost is found by the economy scanner
  • Added the ability to skip black bars when discovering a planet or solar system
  • Prevented the cursor being reset to the center of the page as you switch between pause menus
  • Trade outposts now provide hazard protection
  • Added a chance for pirates to spawn earlier than usual when a player warps into a certain systems, to add more variety to exploration and trading
  • Galactic map now respects user mouse sensitivity settings
  • Galactic map now respects user control inversion settings
  • Prevented trade terminals having a negative quantity of stock
  • Made trading terminal stock values replenish over time
  • Separated stock levels for trading posts and space stations in the same system
  • Lush biomes in survival mode now occasionally exist without an aggressive sentinel presence
  • Reduced cursor UI slowdown when using a pad
  • Improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them reacting to accidental player fire
  • Added exotic ship audio for AI and NPC ships
  • Added ability to transfer items to and from containers in your base or freighter
  • Added tooltip text to explain the planet icons on the discovery page
  • Added ability to sell items from ship cargo slots at terminals
  • Storms on humid/lush planets are no longer toxic; humid/lush planets now have a chance of their rain being very hot. Note: no new storms have been added, and the frequency of storms has not been adjusted. Humid planets that previously had freezing rain storms in 1.3 have had that storm type changes to heated rain.
  • Added ability to transfer items from cargo slots during maintenance interactions
  • Improved trading by giving NPCs independent stock levels
  • Made NPCs who give directions refer to a wider spread of locations
  • Added ability to rebind the discard key

Bug fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some delivery missions would continuously tell players to visit other systems
  • Fixed an issue where the requirements to complete some missions could change as you spoke to NPCs
  • Fixed scaling issues with creature feeding icons
  • Fixed an issue where mining units would occasionally incorrectly produce Heridium
  • Prevented mining units being placed inside each other
  • Fixed an issue where base parts, including storage containers, built outside the base building radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player moved to a new base
  • Fixed an issue where storm-prone planets could be labelled as ‘Mild’. Storm frequency has not been adjusted - the text should now more accurately describe weather conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator hologram would remain in one location after subtracting from the terrain
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator would occasionally create longer lines than intended
  • Fixed an issue where the ship crosshair would appear at incorrect times
  • Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being used
  • Corrected button prompts in the ship combat wiki
  • Restored Spectral Class to the galaxy map text
  • Prevented users occasionally falling outside the trading post platform when exiting their ship
  • Prevented traders from attacking pirates which are far out of their range
  • Fixed an issue where NPC ships would stop outside the entrance of freighters and space stations in systems with no trade routes
  • Fixed an issue where smaller freighters and containers could not be destroyed
  • Corrected Roamer and Rover inventories appearing incorrectly in the transfer window
  • Added protection to allow the Mind Arc step of the Artemis story to be completed even if a player deletes their base
  • Fixed issue where a blue eye icon would occasionally appear over the crosshair
  • Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player's home system indefinitely
  • Fixed an issue with dismantling tech on ship compare screens not correctly destroying the tech
  • Fixed an issue where unbinding a key would exit the control menu
  • Fixed an issue where selecting a new key binding could accidentally result in it being set to a mouse button
  • Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly mission had no objective text in the log.
  • Fixed an issue where some players who should have been able to restart distant missions were unable to do so
  • Fixed an issue which could cause excess stacked inventory items to be lost

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The PS4 update is coming tomorrow.

26c8ykl8nmpz.jpg

neoism

Yea I thought 1.40 was gonna be the next new update in a few months or with they just call it 1.5 now lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Not a bad list of fixes there. I am interested where they take new features into next. I think another couple updates with good content I won't feel bad about my $60 spent anymore.

I got back into this about a month ago, after stopping a few months after launch to play other stuff. All the extra time and work they've done really helps fill out the experience.

I struggled for a while after returning because some ship components necessary for jumping had been damaged and I didn't have the equipment to gather what was needed to repair them. I just ended up buying/finding a new ship.

I have made some good progress on base building and am currently doing some of the most interesting missions I've seen so far, the
Artemis
missions.

- In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height

I don't remember seeing this one before, but looking forward to more realistic weather conditions.

In general lots of great QoL improvements. Disappointing that the PS4 crowd has to wait another day, but hopefully we're getting some more controller-based inventory navigation improvements. I haven't played since 1.36 so I'm looking forward to the changes.

>>> "Prevented traders from attacking pirates which are far out of their range"

That's a nice little change that's going to make 'ship searching' a lot nicer....

One of the most annoying things when ship searching was getting into space and starting to fly over to a station or freighter to see its 'swarm,' and then its entire swarm starts flying halfway across the system to some pirate Bounty that just spawned -_-

ParityBit

So how many words are in the languages? Seems like it is a freaking complete language for each!

I also fully fixed my 48/8 slot ship and have my suit fully upgraded! I am trying to find a planet to dump a base on still.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So how many words are in the languages? Seems like it is a freaking complete language for each!

I also fully fixed my 48/8 slot ship and have my suit fully upgraded! I am trying to find a planet to dump a base on still.
I maxed out at 708 Gek words, and yet some stuff still shows up untranslated. I assume the other races have similar counts.

Oppo

hey what's the status on PC vs PS4 version of this game lately?

I have it on OG PS4 but wouldn't mind playing it on PC when it gets cheap on Steam. have an i7700HQ/GTX 1050 (Dell laptop)

i'm pretty sure it's 60 FPS vs 30 which is great, but what about draw distance and fade in and such? seems more or less the same from what I can gather...

Loudninja

Patch Notes:

Hello,

Thanks for all your continued feedback – we’ve been listening carefully and have continued to make a number of improvements. In this patch we’re introducing an overhauled save system, which makes managing saves between game modes much easier.

This patch is available now on PC and PS4. Read on for full patch notes!

New save system

• You will now be presented with 5 save-game slots (each of which can be used for any game mode). Your existing saves will be mapped into these slots
  • Selecting an empty slot will start a new game, allowing you to then pick which game mode to play from the mode select menu
  • There are now two sub-slots for each save-game – one for automatic saves and one for manual saves.
  • Automatic saves occur when exiting your ship, dying, purchasing a Freighter or claiming a base
  • Manual saves occur when interacting with a save point (these can be built from the build menu), or a beacon found on planet surfaces
  • Starting a new game with no existing saves will take you directly to mode select

If you experience any problems with the new save system, be sure to let us know!

Improvements & changes

• Made the temperature range of dead planets more varied
  • In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height
  • The Analysis Visor can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time
  • Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their class, type and value at a distance
  • The Analysis Visor can be used to see the approximate distance of resources discovered with the Scanner
  • Added error message when no outpost is found by the economy scanner
  • Added the ability to skip black bars when discovering a planet or solar system
  • Prevented the cursor being reset to the center of the page as you switch between pause menus
  • Trade outposts now provide hazard protection
  • Added a chance for pirates to spawn earlier than usual when a player warps into a certain systems, to add more variety to exploration and trading
  • Galactic map now respects user mouse sensitivity settings
  • Galactic map now respects user control inversion settings
  • Prevented trade terminals having a negative quantity of stock
  • Made trading terminal stock values replenish over time
  • Separated stock levels for trading posts and space stations in the same system
  • Lush biomes in survival mode now occasionally exist without an aggressive sentinel presence
  • Reduced cursor UI slowdown when using a pad
  • Improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them reacting to accidental player fire
  • Added exotic ship audio for AI and NPC ships
  • Added ability to transfer items to and from containers in your base or freighter
  • Added tooltip text to explain the planet icons on the discovery page
  • Added ability to sell items from ship cargo slots at terminals
  • Storms on humid/lush planets are no longer toxic; humid/lush planets now have a chance of their rain being very hot. Note: no new storms have been added, and the frequency of storms has not been adjusted. Humid planets that previously had freezing rain storms in 1.3 have had that storm type changes to heated rain.
  • Added ability to transfer items from cargo slots during maintenance interactions
  • Improved trading by giving NPCs independent stock levels
  • Made NPCs who give directions refer to a wider spread of locations
  • Added ability to rebind the discard key
Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where some delivery missions would continuously tell players to visit other systems
  • Fixed an issue where the requirements to complete some missions could change as you spoke to NPCs
  • Fixed scaling issues with creature feeding icons
  • Fixed an issue where mining units would occasionally incorrectly produce Heridium
  • Prevented mining units being placed inside each other
  • Fixed an issue where base parts, including storage containers, built outside the base building radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player moved to a new base
  • Fixed an issue where storm-prone planets could be labelled as ‘Mild’. Storm frequency has not been adjusted – the text should now more accurately describe weather conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator hologram would remain in one location after subtracting from the terrain
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator would occasionally create longer lines than intended
  • Fixed an issue where the ship crosshair would appear at incorrect times
  • Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being used
  • Corrected button prompts in the ship combat wiki
  • Restored Spectral Class to the galaxy map text
  • Prevented users occasionally falling outside the trading post platform when exiting their ship
  • Prevented traders from attacking pirates which are far out of their range
  • Fixed an issue where NPC ships would stop outside the entrance of freighters and space stations in systems with no trade routes
  • Fixed an issue where smaller freighters and containers could not be destroyed
  • Corrected Roamer and Rover inventories appearing incorrectly in the transfer window
  • Added protection to allow the Mind Arc step of the Artemis story to be completed even if a player deletes their base
  • Fixed issue where a blue eye icon would occasionally appear over the crosshair
  • Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player’s home system indefinitely
  • Fixed an issue with dismantling tech on ship compare screens not correctly destroying the tech
  • Fixed an issue where unbinding a key would exit the control menu
  • Fixed an issue where selecting a new key binding could accidentally result in it being set to a mouse button
  • Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly mission had no objective text in the log.
  • Fixed an issue where some players who should have been able to restart distant missions were unable to do so
  • Fixed an issue which could cause excess stacked inventory items to be lost
https://www.nomanssky.com/2017/10/atlas-rises-patch-1-38/

Nice one! Thanks.

edit: Nope, it just shows you how long you've played since Atlas Rises. Very disappointed.

Hah I'm not disappointed; I don't think I really want to know how many hours of my life I've wasted.

Are there any new undocumented QoL changes for PS4 players? Specifically the inventory screens? I need that full d-pad experience...

neoism

1.38 has been pushed to PS4.

239 total hours of playtime lol https://twitter.com/legacyz3ro/status/916298909802213378
Yeah sadly I'm hearing it's only counting from either 1.2 or 1.3 on and it's not from day 1 😑😑😑😓
Yea I mean dam I played the game 2 months straight at launch at like 4-9 hours a day on average I did skip the first big update but put at least 100 hours in each for 1.2and1.3 so it definitely can't be since day 1

neoism

Nice one! Thanks.

edit: Nope, it just shows you how long you've played since Atlas Rises. Very disappointed.
Yea wat I thought ���� Im one of those weird gamers that hates not knowing just how much I put in my games

I wish they would think about the ppl that don't wants start over after every update... Got to much time in my one and only save... Still glad it's in but knowing it's not the right time is ...��

mokeyjoe

Wow. Over 200 hours across saves. My most played game ever, confirmed.

Didn't realised my Survival game was closing in on my Normal save. Although I suppose it makes sense.

Oppo

found an exotic ship!

it looks like a cross between Kojima’s new logo and a Destiny weapon. Also it’s huge. Also it doesn’t obey normal geometry from the inside. it’s neat.

Top Bottom