• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

kiguel182

I'm terrible at ship combat. I tried to engage some pirates but I had no chance.

One on one fights and I just couldn't target them well and they had this laser that killed my shields.

That part of the game has not been fun at all. I don't mind not fighting but running away isn't that easy either.

Probably need to upgrade my ship and it will be better, we will see.

Still enjoying the hell out of the game. Kinda lost track of the time while playing it and that rarely happens to me.

13ruce

Banned
I need that item for that hyperdrive system on my ship but the space station trade terminal does not sell it what now?

I am in the first star system on survival mode.

I need that item for that hyperdrive system on my ship but the space station trade terminal does not sell it what now?

I am in the first star system on survival mode.

Off to a planet to search for the resources... or wait for ships to come in and speak to the pilots and see what they have.

So the scanning/planet waypoints are totally busted right now, right? Between these white waypoints that never go away, bases not pinging on the compass even when I'm scanning right on top of them, question mark waypoints not going away, and language/artifact monuments not being scanned, I have no idea what I'm seeing while exploring. What's even the point of the ship scanner right now? It doesn't feel consistent even when it finds stuff.

Banned
Glad 'Awakenings' is present in Creative Mode. I'm too lazy to grind anymore and am perfectly content to travel/explore at leisure.

I also spent the majority of the afternoon warping from system to system looking for a suitable home world. Then I kept looking every time I found one, because hey, you never know.

edgefusion

Where is the blueprint for the Cuboid Room? I see all the other cuboid parts in the base blueprint vendor but not the one for the room itself. Is it associated with a quest or in a space station...?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are the missions from the space station dudes repeatable or one and done? I kinda hope one and done since they are so generic, but I have a feeling they are repeatable?

mokeyjoe

So I went to load up my Survival save from yesterday and it errors and dumps me out of NMS.

Have I lost all my progress? Am i screwed?

Acorn

So the scanning/planet waypoints are totally busted right now, right? Between these white waypoints that never go away, bases not pinging on the compass even when I'm scanning right on top of them, question mark waypoints not going away, and language/artifact monuments not being scanned, I have no idea what I'm seeing while exploring. What's even the point of the ship scanner right now? It doesn't feel consistent even when it finds stuff.
Getting similar issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh the ? on locations not going away is a bug, good that makes sense, I was wondering wtf was up with that

Septimius

are the missions from the space station dudes repeatable or one and done? I kinda hope one and done since they are so generic, but I have a feeling they are repeatable?

They're procedurally generated. I'd expect a lot of similar stuff, but not repeatable. But I have absolutely no idea.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmmm, I guess I'm not sure what you mean. If I keep holding down the trigger while the meter is flashing red, the multitool itself has an overheat animation where it stops firing and forces you to wait while it cools down, and you can't let go and start mining again during that animation. So the flashing red meter is the indication for me to let go before it actually overheats.

Yeah, you can overheat it by holding it too long, but I'm talking about when you let go before that happens. Then the heat meter starts going down somewhat slowly, but if you then start mining again it instantly drops to zero so you have the full meter to work with again. That at least LOOKS glitched to me, or otherwise just doesn't make sense. Why would it cool down FASTER when I start mining again before it has cooled down? The expected behavior IMO would be that it would start building up from the level it was at. Whatever, it just makes mining a bit faster, but it feels a bit like I'm exploiting a bug.

Rhaknar

They're procedurally generated. I'd expect a lot of similar stuff, but not repeatable. But I have absolutely no idea.

do you guys grab one at a time, grab all to do as you explore, whats the tactic with them?

Ive only done one to kill 15 beasts.

Crafted the warp fuel. Game does not register it. So I have 20% fuel in my drive and the game continues to tell me to craft warp fuel.
Didn't discover it immediately so have no back-up save.
How hard is it to find more anti-matter in the first system? Guess I have to craft more fuel and hopefully the game registers it tjis time...

Unicorn

B47B7A7DF9DBE8F42FF073E34F9C5C6CEBB1DA4A

Yo, okay. Here's the new money maker.

Luckily my old lubricant farm was easily transferable to a liquid explosive farm. Top floor of Mordite and lower floor of Spadonium (now cactus flesh) and the Mould spore stuff.

Craft Acid and unstable gel.

Guess it was worthwhile to jump through the base mission hoops again. Holy fuck.

Rhaknar

Crafted the warp fuel. Game does not register it. So I have 20% fuel in my drive and the game continues to tell me to craft warp fuel.
How hard is it to find more anti-matter in the first system? Guess I have to craft more fuel and hopefully the game registers it tjis time...

I mean, why not just reload a previous save?

RoadHazard

Gold Member

All of that stuff seems hella broken. The game doesn't register completed objectives, or it marks them as completed before they are. Stuff like that bugs me to no end. It may seem minor to some, but I really hate it when progression and objective completion is bugged in games. Makes me not want to play them.

theWB27

Glad 'Awakenings' is present in Creative Mode. I'm too lazy to grind anymore and am perfectly content to travel/explore at leisure.

I also spent the majority of the afternoon warping from system to system looking for a suitable home world. Then I kept looking every time I found one, because hey, you never know.

Creative mode is the place to be.

OuterLimits

Yeah I have noticed the green question mark doesn't disappear often. Which makes it confusing on whether I have visited a location when walking around.

13ruce

Banned
Wtf my multi tool is worth 2.147.483.648 units.
Holy shit lol.

That alien that gave me that one free made the worst decision of his life.

(got to a outpost and saw i could trade in for free then i checked the worth of my gun lmao)

pWmtbey.jpg

I'm playing in dutch but waarde = worth.

OuterLimits

Holy shit lol.

(got to a outpost and saw i could trade in for free then i checked the worth of my gun lmao)

pWmtbey.jpg

They went up in price pretty dramatically in the first or second update.

theWB27

Landed on a sand planet with temps up to 241 degrees. Wind blowing sand everywhere during a storm. Visibility is pretty low. So good.

I've had this sitting on my shelf for a while. Never played it and expectations have been low. Sounds like I might be pleasantly surprised.

Looking forward to a glass of wine and NMS tonight.

Rhaknar

so in the first planet, the "tutorial planet" lets call it, I had to craft a beacon to locate heridium, but I cant seem to be able to craft it anymore and im out of heridium, what do I do?

edit: well apart from buying it, which I just did

Damn, every starting planet I've gotten has been a hellish nightmare. Just gonna go with whatever it sticks me with next and just fuck off to the next one ASAP. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

JP

Not sure when this went live but a new update is available for the PS4 in the UK now, it just says bug fixes.

Mathieran

Banned
The only thing annoying me right now is that when I'm flying over the surface of a planet and scan for POIs it shows one several minutes away, then it goes away. If I go in that direction again it show one several minutes away again, not the one I should be close to.

JoeBoy101

upload? Ive been scanning here and there, and the lady says "credits received" or something, I have to upload? how do I do that?

Go to your options (where your journal is) and look for 'Discoveries'. From there you can select items and see an prompt to upload. Each item has a varying amount of credits, but you can upload planets, creatures, plants, and waypoints.

pots555

Same problem. Very annoying! Makes finding spots of interest very akward. I hate this! Never had this problem before.

Holy shit lol.

pWmtbey.jpg

Technically it's negative 2,147,483,648, which in computer code is when every digit in a 32-bit integer is set to 1. I remember seeing this in GTAV, where if your money went over that amount, it reverted to negative and effectively broke your game. That's a fun glitch; hopefully it doesn't take away all your units when you upgrade.

All of that stuff seems hella broken. The game doesn't register completed objectives, or it marks them as completed before they are. Stuff like that bugs me to no end. It may seem minor to some, but I really hate it when progression and objective completion is bugged in games. Makes me not want to play them.

Well the fault might be in your save.

my objectives are filled and completed just fine.
i've resumed from a 1.2 save with no issues.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So it actually turns out GoG has the cheapest version of the game for Australia. It's $24.79 AUD thanks to GoG actually trading in our currency, whereas Humble has it listed for $23.99 USD which is about $30. While currently GoG doesn't have online play atm you still get 30 days return as well, which I believe you can't get a return on Humble steam codes because they aren't bought directly from the store.

SZips

This thread kind of blew up since I last looked but is there a known issue with the expanded cargo inventory on the exosuits?

I've bought two and they don't seem to do anything? Maybe I'm just missing it since I haven't played in almost a year though.

qcf x2

Yeah, you can overheat it by holding it too long, but I'm talking about when you let go before that happens. Then the heat meter starts going down somewhat slowly, but if you then start mining again it instantly drops to zero so you have the full meter to work with again. That at least LOOKS glitched to me, or otherwise just doesn't make sense. Why would it cool down FASTER when I start mining again before it has cooled down? The expected behavior IMO would be that it would start building up from the level it was at. Whatever, it just makes mining a bit faster, but it feels a bit like I'm exploiting a bug.

This has always been the case, so it's most likely intentional.

Rhaknar

cool got a new ship, fixed up a crashed B class (compared to my starter C class), good times. Was a super pain in the ass because I kept getting constant storms and sentinals attacking while trying to repair it tho lol

What's the best way to make money in this game? I have yet to build a base since I haven't found a planet I like enough. Once I do that I assume I should be farming ?

So what is the drawback of Creative Mode?

Does it just prevent you from using Black Holes?

Or is there more you can't do in Creative?

I don't care about milestones or achievements.

I just want to know if I'll miss any story stuff or special tech or something else?

The freedom in Creative Mode is exhilarating. I really enjoy the game more there. But I'm afraid I might be locked out of something if I focus on it.

Thanks.

13ruce

Banned
They went up in price pretty dramatically in the first or second update.

Technically it's negative 2,147,483,648, which in computer code is when every digit in a 32-bit integer is set to 1. I remember seeing this in GTAV, where if your money went over that amount, it reverted to negative and effectively broke your game. That's a fun glitch; hopefully it doesn't take away all your units when you upgrade.

Ah that's certainly interesting and yeah i hope it does not cost me all my units in the future lol. But if i accepted that new gun the price would be 0 units btw (saved before trying the full trade in and got the other gun for free did not get 2 billion in cash tho:p).

Top Bottom