• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming to Xbox One

MilkyJoe

X enhanced

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/29/no-mans-sky-coming-soon-to-xbox-one/

Hello from Hello Games!

We’re a small indie team based in Guildford UK and I’m super excited to announce No Man’s Sky and its latest major feature content update Next are coming soon to Xbox One and will be enhanced for Xbox One X with support for HDR, 4K, and more.

No Man’s Sky is inspired by the adventure and imagination that we love from classic science-fiction. We present players with an infinite procedural universe to explore, filled with unique planets and lifeforms, and constant danger and action.

Was not expecting that.

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. I'll definitely double dip on another copy for my X. I loved my time spent playing NMS on my PS4. The last major content patch was great too, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming in the new big update.

Last edited:

Shifty

Could be a solid opportunity to relaunch the game and find a new audience now that the game has come back down from all the hoo-ha.

nowhat

It has become quite a bit better from the original unfortunate launch, right?
Oh sure - vehicles, base building, quests (of sorts) and my personal favourite, "god mode" (whatever it is called - basically, if you just want to dick around in space without having to worry about resource management and such, that's for you) among others. Whether it still is worth full price is debatable, but it's a much better game than at launch.

CRAIG667

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. I'll definitely double dip on another copy for my X. I loved my time spent playing NMS on my PS4. The last major content patch was great too, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming in the new big update.

I've still not played it although I bought it on PS4 months ago, wish I'd held out for X (if I'd known)

Hargenx

oh-boy.gif

I would prefer a NMS2, whith all the promeses in it....

Allandor

But why? Literally no one asked for this.
Well ... good question.
I really don't get it. After all that negative press, I really don't know how they would sell this.

But maybe they are hoping for rereviews, just because it is launched on XB1 and they patched some things.

After all, I played it for about 40h one week after release. I knew what I would get and never followed the hype. And had really fun with this game. But never really touched it again after that. I just got the feeling, I have seen everything and nothing makes sense in this game after reaching one "end" of a galaxy.

More excited for the NEXT update, thats awesome more content and biggest patch to date.

It says free for existing players, which makes me think the xbox version will ship with it and its how theyll be able to charge 60 for it again...or you can buy the, in my mind expansion pack, for 15$ as dlc on other systems.

theyll prob debut this at e3, so based off that will determine if i rebuy it

Hope its a HUGE update

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This is actually a pretty good game now. If they are smart though, they will give it a $30 price tag or put it on Game Pass.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
it not was ps4 and pc exclusive? For me is one of the worst indie game of all time, maybe some xbox users will like it.

JP

That's good news.

I know it got a lot of criticism but I got one of those emails from Sony this was my most played game of that year. It certainly had it's issues but I really enjoyed it, even at launch.

I haven't really followed it much since the announcement & initial backlash. There's no real coop in this right? Game always sounded neat to me but I just don't do solo games these days.

Unity2012

After all, I played it for about 40h one week after release. I knew what I would get and never followed the hype. And had really fun with this game. But never really touched it again after that. I just got the feeling, I have seen everything and nothing makes sense in this game after reaching one "end" of a galaxy.

I also put a lot of hours at the beginning on PS4 and PC and enjoyed what it was; then I stopped playing it, came back a few months later and found, almost a whole new game in it. They made a lot of changes to it. Good changes.
I'm glad they're bringing it to xbox one and also enhanced. More gamers get to try it.

Typhares

I wonder what's in that NEXT update, I got the game at launch and had a good time for some hours but haven't touched it since. I'm kinda waiting for them to be done with the big content updates to get into it again.

Codes 208

When i woke up today this was not the announcement i was expecting.
That aside, theres a "but xbox already has its own NMS, its called sea of thieves" joke here somewhere...

NMS is one of those games that i can zone out to while listening to music or something. Its a pretty blank game but i liked the concept of traveling to planet to planet and gathering materials. Frankly im not interested in double-dipping, yet, but atleast other xbox gamers have to choice to try it now.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Well if Sea of thieves can find 1m players...

I've still not played it although I bought it on PS4 months ago, wish I'd held out for X (if I'd known)

It's a good experience on the base PS4 now anyway IMO. So if it's your style of game (admittedly, it's a bit niche) you're still going to have a great time. Plus the game has drastically improved with each update so having your first experience in the game with the "Next" update could be a very good thing.

The art style is fantastic and you get some amazing scenery at times. It has the potential to look fantastic on the X. The procedural scenery generation is CPU dependent so the higher clock speed should/could improve the draw distances (in addition to the higher res and super sampling). Hopefully it's priced competitively on the X so that I'm not too out-of-pocket for the double dip :p. You could always upgrade your copy later on if you find that you like it.

Dubloon7

Banned
I love my Sony products but GREAT for Microsoft owners to experience this. They lucked out and avoided the vanilla trash, but it has now become a well worthwhile time-sink.

Cheers to all, and lets all join in the Galactic Hub and share a drink! I wonder if this will be cross platform????????

iconmaster

Banned
Some of you seem like you might be better off taking your issues with the No Man's Sky launch to a licensed therapist.

I'm very intrigued about No Man's Sky Next -- which seems like the real lede here. But I'm happy for Xbox owners to have the game too.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I spent a lot of time with the game. It got boring quickly at launch, but base building in creative mode is now my jam. I fire it up when I want to relax.

kingwingin

Really hope it releases at $30. Bought it at launch and had to sell my ps4 shortly after. Would love to double dip but no at full price

YoussefN

Neo Member
Am I the only one who still wants more from no man's sky? I didn't buy it or fell for the hype but I wanted more to do than just exploring and collecting materials. Going from planet to planet, maybe have inhabitants and factions in each planet. Make allies, enemies, etc. Nothing too crazy, other procedural games did it. this one will make it where random enemies would be created on the fly just like the monster generation tech they have making each planet faction mix and match.

Lets see how "BIG" NEXT is.

Spheyr

Banned
Eh, I'd buy it for $5-10. I tried a PC Demonstration Copy of it shortly after launch and it was at least pretty to explore

Dubloon7

Banned
Am I the only one who still wants more from no man's sky? I didn't buy it or fell for the hype but I wanted more to do than just exploring and collecting materials. Going from planet to planet, maybe have inhabitants and factions in each planet. Make allies, enemies, etc. Nothing too crazy, other procedural games did it. this one will make it where random enemies would be created on the fly just like the monster generation tech they have making each planet faction mix and match.

Lets see how "BIG" NEXT is.
YOU are still the only one who can't see beyond the weeds as well all have stpped into the forest. either buy it when it hits your pricepoint or just play something else and forget about this one.

Calibos

But why? Literally no one asked for this.

Seriously...why is this thread full of this shit.

I WANT THIS.

It sucks when games are limited to one platform...especially 3rd party ones. Maybe it isn't for everyone, it wasn't what people expected etc...but I have no expectations and think that the game looks great.

WaterAstro

It's a smart move. They work on a couple of platforms to focus on, updating it until it's complete, then their final version on other platforms when it's finished because they've finished updating it.

Vawn

Banned
This game was not bad. Yes, they over-promised and, in a few cases, flat out lied. But, they also did some amazing things that could be groundwork for moving the medium forward.

I had fun with the game at launch, despite wishing the overall arc of the game had been better fleshed out.

Criticisms of the game are mostly fair, but I feel the most adamant critics have yet to actually play the game.

wipeout364

I thought it was a good game damaged by two things:
1. Over promising; but I think anyone who has ever played a procedurally generated game would see that coming a mile away
2. Overcharging; I honestly think if they had sold this at 30 or even 40 dollars there would have been little to no blowback as charging full price set expectations even higher.

Anyway I would recommend it to Xbox fans at the above mentioned price: do not pay full price for this.

great game if you go in wanting one of the better survive-explore-prosper balances around...

doesn't quite excel at any single one as much as, say, Minecraft or Elite, but it manages to offer all 3 in pretty good respect.

for a fan survive-explore-prosper in equal measure, at $20-30, it's got good value. I went into the game blind last summer and put a solid 200 hours into it. and, if it's an easier port, as long as it breaks-even then good for Hello Games too I guess.

Leonidas

That makes 3 former PlayStation exclusives announced for Xbox this month. No Man's Sky, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice and Crash Bandicoot Trilogy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom