• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming to Xbox One

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not a chance in hell I'm buying this crap again on the X. I got burned...bad. Like so much that I was hyping up all my friends when they weren't paying attention. One of my friends bought a PS4 to play with along with me (not expecting to meet one another, just kinda hanging out in a party talking about all the cool stuff we were finding). Needless to say, the guy doesn't take any game recommendations from me anymore. He also sold his PS4. So now I don't play my PS4 as much, because I don't have many friends on there. It's all a snowball effect. No Man's Sky ruined the Sony half of my gaming experience.

Still getting God of War though....

MaKTaiL

I got NMS when Atlas Rises came out and it became one of my most played games in 2017. Can't wait for the NEXT update (pun intended). Here are some of the screenshots I took on my long journey (OG PS4):

m2l9NJx.jpg

oUxJppG.jpg

5RY9avF.jpg

80c13rH.jpg

jdtwK4b.jpg

iqkbszJ.jpg

RyplJC0.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
A lot of people are getting their hopes up about some VR support for the game with this update. I don't personally see that happening.

However, if they can get a full multiplayer experience where you can co-op with a buddy to build bases and explore together, then I'm going to be playing the shit out of this game again.

demigod

Seriously...why is this thread full of this shit.

I WANT THIS.

It sucks when games are limited to one platform...especially 3rd party ones. Maybe it isn't for everyone, it wasn't what people expected etc...but I have no expectations and think that the game looks great.

Don’t you own a ps4? Why would you want this game now on xbox.

Calibos

Don’t you own a ps4? Why would you want this game now on xbox.

Never bought it on PS4 because I don't love my PS4 enough to buy a "buyers remorse" type game. I have TLoU:Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, Infamous: First Light, Salt and Sanctuary and a couple others, but I main my X1 and X1X...better controller, better services, prefer the metro dash etc...So this game coming Xbox's way is an opportunity to play something I passed on, on my preferred console.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm actually pretty excited to jump back in. The game is going to look absolutely beautiful on the One X. Those saying it is a bad game are really just saying it is not their type of game. In no universe is this a bad game. I can see how many would find it boring, but it is unique, well made, and more polished than it deserves to be.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Tencent's version of Steam.

Is Tencent taking over the world?
I figured it was Tencent related because I use WeChat (their stolen version of KakaoTalk), but I didn't think they actually called it something.
Only one out of those three (NMS) was not known to be a timed exclusive.
Well, they have no obligations to say if it's console exclusive or not. Being on PC, it really is open game. It's like when Castle Crashers came out and even I thought it to be an Xbox exclusive, it ended up coming to PS3 years after to my surprise.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Lol, I mean, what is the point of even doing this other than saying, "We're doing it now too!" I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who would even want to buy this after everything.

LordPezix

So let me get this straight, even though their art is all filled with people and ships, it is just basically you jumping from planet to planet, meeting no one?

Tarkus98

At its core, this is and always has been a single player game. It’s going to look absolutely gorgeous on the X.
Rumor has it that the next big update will add some sort of proper multiplayer. Guess we’ll see...

Pallas

Really curious how this plays, I don’t have a PS4(later in the year) so I never got around to being able to try this game. I love space/exploration games and while I was spoiled by Mass Effrct Trilogy when it comes to science fiction, I realize thus isn’t that type of game and I’m ok with that. I’m hoping it’s at most $40 for a game that’s been out for a while now.

And this time the possibilities really are endless!

Before that game released that was the first game dev I heard of going on late night shows to promote the dream. He was on Conan right?

At its core, this is and always has been a single player game. It’s going to look absolutely gorgeous on the X.
Rumor has it that the next big update will add some sort of proper multiplayer. Guess we’ll see...
If you really could stumble across random on planets that would be really cool.

I haven't been following it. Has the game turned around checking off list of pre-release promises?

WaterAstro

I haven't been following it. Has the game turned around checking off list of pre-release promises?
The thing is that they never really promised anything that they delivered at launch aside from vague mentions of multiplayer.
A lot of these so-called promises were just shit made up by reddit where they misconstrued Sean Murray's interview into promises that never existed.

Regardless, the game has literally gotten a few gameplay overhauls with tons of new features that it definitely is better than it is at launch. Survival mode is really fun.

The thing is that they never really promised anything that they delivered at launch aside from vague mentions of multiplayer.
A lot of these so-called promises were just shit made up by reddit where they misconstrued Sean Murray's interview into promises that never existed.

Regardless, the game has literally gotten a few gameplay overhauls with tons of new features that it definitely is better than it is at launch. Survival mode is really fun.
No I saw a video on YouTube of him on a late night show maybe something else. I watched it prerelease. The host was talking excitedly about the game naming off features and those shows aren't off the cuff they are rehearsed and he would of been given a list of those features from the studio making it. I'll search for it in a little bit to see if I'm remembering.
This is the interview he said you could stumble across people online.

What major changes have been added? It seemed like a pretty relaxing game

Handy Fake

No I saw a video on YouTube of him on a late night show maybe something else. I watched it prerelease. The host was talking excitedly about the game naming off features and those shows aren't off the cuff they are rehearsed and he would of been given a list of those features from the studio making it. I'll search for it in a little bit to see if I'm remembering.
This is the interview he said you could stumble across people online.

What major changes have been added? It seemed like a pretty relaxing game
Huge new update coming in the Summer, presumably to coincide with the X-Box release. That's on top of a couple huge updates from when it was launched.
This one seems to be hinting at "proper" multiplayer but obviously we'll never know 'til it launches; Sean Murray had to get wise fast about talking about his games before launch. ;)

CobraTV Youtube channel also posted a little titbit the other night. A small change but interesting nonetheless. While Murray was being interviewed, the NMS video behind him started up and you could see some odd mechanical thing (a new sentinal possibly?) moving about, and also the trees now appear to sway in the breeze.

Which is nice.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Xbox owners are going to be getting a very good product at this point. Base building and vehicles added a lot to NMS. Ramping off hills in the Roamer never gets old.

I assume the multiplayer coming in July has to be more than the blue orbs. I have to imagine we'll get character models. Customizable even?

Tarkus98

Water Astro covered things quite well below your comments. As of right now there is no proper multiplayer but you can discover other players bases, players can leave messages and of course you can find players in the game that are represented as blue orbs.
Regardless, this has always been my chill out game to just relax and explore planets and cruise around on the land ski.

Drewpee

Banned
But why? Literally no one asked for this.

The main reason I bought a PS4 was for this game so you are waaaaaaaaaay off the mark in assuming no Xbox players want this. It didnt live up to the hype, but I also never got to play with all of the updates. I will be buying this day one.

I had fun with this game, even at launch. It didn't last very long, but it was legit fun for a while. It's really not that bad and if you can find it cheap then go for it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The main reason I bought a PS4 was for this game so you are waaaaaaaaaay off the mark in assuming no Xbox players want this. It didnt live up to the hype, but I also never got to play with all of the updates. I will be buying this day one.

That’s fair and all that, but I really think that you are in the minority here.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I think this will do moderately well on Xbox actually, especially with One X enhancements and the new additions to the game. I will be picking this up if the price is right, even after have been let down with the PS4 version. I think the game has come a long way and is better than a lot of crap out there.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned

I am definitely in the minority regarding the fact that I actually bought a console for the purpose of playing this game (I doubt it was a system seller lol) but I think people will be surprised at how well No Man's Sky will do on the Xbox. I think a lot of Xbox owners were envious when they learned about the game.

Kadayi

Banned
A free update for PS4, PC, and launch on Xbox. Explore together, meet random travellers, build shared bases, dog fight, race vehicles. We’re so happy this is ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つFINALLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ happening

Of course, this begs the question what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Since it appears they are actually implementing a true multiplayer aspect into the game, it would be awesome if this had cross-play between consoles or at least console/PC.
I’m definitely dropping back in to play this again once the update hits. There should be lots more stuff to do and hopefully now it can be done with a friend.

Kadayi

Banned
I jumped back in when the ARG was going on and the 1.3 update came out and was impressed with the improvements and additions, so I'm curious to see what the new content brings.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Because many people think it's a good game........

Some people scream about developers dropping support soon afternoon launch and not catering to their fans, etc... then you have a developer that has been delivering tons of fixes, improvements, new content, and new features for the last two years and suddenly it is a “So what? Why should I care?”... lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom