• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky drops below 1000 concurrent players on steam

napbNoZ.png

Just saw this on Reddit. I wonder what the PS4 numbers are looking like considering it was the second biggest PS4 launch after Uncharted 4.

VertPin

So, is Sean Murray or anyone from Hello Games ever going to resurface? I can't believe there hasn't been a statement after all their lies.

old

I don't see the dev supporting this game much longer if the numbers are that low. Looks like all of those promised features might end up in NMS 2.

Are we going to get these threads every time more people drop this game? Seems like I have seen this thread a couple of times already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not surprising for one of the most repetitive full-price games in recent memory.

Have no real desire to go back to it and it's grind myself.

Yukinari

So, is Sean Murray or anyone from Hello Games ever going to resurface? I can't believe there hasn't been a statement after all their lies.

Murray hasent said anything since august 18th, he aint coming back. If he does hes only going to stir more shit.

Carlius

Banned
its more baffling when you see the initial number. 212k meaning it sold a lot, but then it dropped to 140k max peak in the second day, meaning the refunds were even stronger than this dive.

Blam

This is how you don't keep your game alive.

They literally can post small bug fixes, but nope. They've gone full dark.

There's no profit in them talking about it at this point. What could they possibly say to make people feel better? "We're sorry that we may have mislead you, but we're going to make good on all those promises over the next six months!" That's sure as hell not going to happen.

I'd bet Hello Games is going to quietly drift away in the next year, and they'll be more than happy to do that with all their profits. Maybe they'll resurface again when they've got a new game they want to hock and we'll get to see whether or not the gaming audience has a long enough memory for any of this to matter.

To the OP; after I was denied my refund on Steam, I thought about going back to it for a bit to give it another shot. But all I could think of was what a shell the game was and how playing it would probably just remind me of the time I was wasting. I haven't played it again since that first week.

I don't see the dev supporting this game much longer if the numbers are that low. Looks like all of those promised features might end up in NMS 2.

Looks like all those promised features might go unplayed. I mean, I know I wouldn't a buy a NMS 2 if they failed to support the first one with free content updates.

And that's coming from someone who was looking forward to NMS, and even enjoyed playing it for a few weeks.

bank robbers dont go back to the bank they robbed after, why start talking to the customers he robbed?

i just triggered people

brau

At least Sean should be just as amazed at the amount dropped as he was with the initial numbers.

Can't wait to see those posts that defend this saying its exactly what they expected. People should stop hating on the game. lol.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
How does this drop compare to other single player games?

This is how you don't keep your game alive.

They literally can post small bug fixes, but nope. They've gone full dark.

But they are doing bug fixes regularly. Just no new content, explanations, or apologies.

How does that compare to the typical single-player game?

here is the bottom of the top 100 on steam right now, for some sort of reference:
3,749 4,218 XCOM 2
3,679 3,973 Batman™: Arkham Knight
3,633 3,812 Empire: Total War
3,555 3,555 Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer
3,344 3,501 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
3,341 3,749 Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
3,326 3,997 Football Manager 2014
3,310 3,537 Riders of Icarus
3,289 3,372 AdVenture Capitalist
3,268 3,635 Space Engineers
3,267 3,462 Medieval II: Total War
3,216 3,847 Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition