• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I forget some of you fucks use NeoGAF's light theme instead of the clearly better Dark Theme. I have to make sure the |OT| is the optimal experience on both. Goddmamn you all. :p

That said, I'm just gonna sit here blasting Super Moon on repeat while working on it.

Fuck the light theme man, I say do your best to make it so they have to switch to the darkside to read it!
;P

-Amon-

Thanks. They (twins) are due sometime in December. Honestly it feels like NMS is the perfect game for that situation. I'm considering cancelling my BF1 and COD preorders and just getting NMS and Pokémon Sun. As I doubt that I'll have much time to play anything for more than a few stretches of 15 minutes at a time.

You will live an healthier life for sure, but if you really want you will be able to put together an hour long game session per day, at least for the first year. Things are going to get rougher from that point.

I'm father of a child four years old , and as today I have to get my gaming time only when he's gone to sleep, and not every day.

But you are not going to regret the change, be sure about that :)

Congratulations!

You will live an healthier life for sure, but if you really want you will be able to put together an hour long game session per day, at least for the first year. Things are going to get rougher from that point.

I'm father of a child four years old , and as today I have to get my gaming time only when he's gone to sleep, and not every day.

But you are not going to regret the change, be sure about that :)

Congratulations!
Thank you.

I've been falling out of love with competitive multiplayer for a while now, it can get very frustrating, probably sends my blood pressure skyrocketing. Battlefront is my saving grace for multiplayer because I'm really fucking good at it without trying and it's much more casual an approach than COD or BF.

I think I'll cancel both. There is more Battlefront DLC coming this year. No Man's Sky can keep me busy indefinitely, and Pokémon Sun just looks fun.

That's why I want to know if I can pause NMS. I can't see myself playing competitive multiplayer when anyone is home or awake since you can't pause those games.

Ever since I switched to digital only I really try to hold off on buying games Day 1 or at full price. But man this game is really tempting me

Hoodbury

Thank you.

I've been falling out of love with competitive multiplayer for a while now, it can get very frustrating, probably sends my blood pressure skyrocketing. Battlefront is my saving grace for multiplayer because I'm really fucking good at it without trying and it's much more casual an approach than COD or BF.

I think I'll cancel both. There is more Battlefront DLC coming this year. No Man's Sky can keep me busy indefinitely, and Pokémon Sun just looks fun.

That's why I want to know if I can pause NMS. I can't see myself playing competitive multiplayer when anyone is home or awake since you can't pause those games.

Pre-congrats on the twins. Your game time will of course drop from what it is now but it doesn't need to be the end of the world. Keep in mind newborns and young kids sleep a lot. Especially if you have a pretty strict sleep/nap schedule for them. My oldest is 5 now and she still goes to bed around 6:30-7:00, she doesn't nap everyday anymore but still does on weekends.

So if I get my chores done I can still play games for a few hours every night. Every kid is different of course, but all my friends and relatives that have kids too and were strict on napping schedules and going to bed at night at a specific time, we all have kids that sleep really good. The ones who didn't are the ones who always have the 'nightmare' stories of how their life is so different after having kids and they have no time to themselves anymore.

Hell, when my first was a newborn I actually had more times for games because she was always sleeping and you can't leave the house, so we weren't going out much which meant more time to sit infront of a tv.

Interesting question on if there is a pause feature or not, especially while offline. Sure would be nice though.

Fuser

Has he started yet? I need to see this being played by someone who is not under shackles!

Last time I checked a couple of hours ago he didn't even have the game! He's awaiting a delivery and has said he'll post a few videos but I don't think he will live stream, assuming he's legit of course!

Thanks for the update, DeepEnigma. I can't believe that no one who watched the stream yesterday captured video or even a screenshot. I'm very disappointed in the internet right now.

I don't think people are going to be shocked by the graphics, if they've seen the trailer. The only thing that might be a surprise is the ground textures which look pretty smudgy and low-res, but...oh well. I can live with that.

This wait on the DailyMotion videos is killing me

Matt Frost

Ugh, I forget some of you fucks use NeoGAF's light theme instead of the clearly better Dark Theme. I have to make sure the |OT| is the optimal experience on both. Goddmamn you all. :p

That said, I'm just gonna sit here blasting Super Moon on repeat while working on it.

Tried the Dark Theme and hurts the eye after a while...

Seiniyta

And seems like the channel is gone now lol. Unless Dailymotion is glitching out on me;

Edit: Nevermind, Dailymotion just glitching.

Looks like the first video is about to be posted:

[–]daymeeuhn 53 points 15 minutes ago
I may or may not be uploading a video at the moment.

[–]daymeeuhn [score hidden] 5 minutes ago
I recorded this one from my phone, and foolishly decided to upload it using my phone too. WILL NOT make that mistake again~

[–]daymeeuhn [score hidden] 3 minutes ago
IT'S AT LIKE 90% IT'S CLOSE
NEXT VID IN 20-30 MINS I'M GETTING SOME STARBUCKS RQ

Se_7_eN

Wait, the guy is recording the screen with his phone? God dammit..

rzYv4.gif

I am going to pass on these videos, I want the first start up to feel fresh, surprising and new.

MADGAME

I think the NMS community (esp. reddit) would turn on him pretty fast if he tried to make a Kessel Run.
Some would for sure. He'd be a hero and villain at the same time.

Whether or not he is the one who does it, the center will be spoiled before or shortly after release.

GAF should hold a bet, with odds.

I am in the camp that it won't be as easy as people think.
Not saying it will be easy, but there will be people completely dedicated to it, vacationing, poopsocking, playing 18-20 hour days, etc. Someone can easily put 70-80 hours into it in 3-4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom