• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so :(

This seems like a crazy huge bug. Fuuuuuck

I just got a hyperdrive by giving a Gek 10 isotopes, lol. I have a crap ton of words for the Gek (found planet with pretty much nonstop knowledge stones) so I was able to translate that he wanted some isotopes :D

mokeyjoe

Been playing six hours. Visited about 4 or 5 planets. Met aliens and stuff.

Still got my starter ship and a big lack of inventory space though. What's the best way to get easy inventory upgrades? It's becoming quite the issue since I like to have stacks of every resource which isn't working out right now.

I don't know. I found two suit upgrades on my second planet and a then bought a new ship.

I'm barely mining though. Mostly plutonium to fuel my thrusters and suit. If I need anything else for crafting I just buy it.

Stantron

Game just crashed on me twice in the same spot even after reloading. FFS
Taking a break, I'll see if I can avoid the crash tomorrow.

Kyoufu

Fuuuuu

That's amazing. I wish I had an atlaspass(Then again, I've been really spending time on each planet instead of progressing the narrative...probably a mistake >_>;)

I spent most of the day at the first star system. I don't have any AtlasPass yet.

All you need is Iron and Plutonium.

Guevara

Weird-ass game.

I'm enjoying it and I'm glad I went in relatively blind but everything feels super alien: from the worlds, to the creatures, to the controls, to the objectives, to what-the-hell is going on, to the menus...

Alien in both form and content.

Also: the beginning hour was unfun, although in retrospect I started on a miserable and hostile world. The inventory system and crafting are suspect too, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about them.

One of those few games where I think day-one matters.

Ouch...:( That's good to know though as I'm about to start my game and wasn't going to take the pre-order ship immediately. So are you saying that we either have to redeem right away, or have to finish all the tutorials before redeeming the pre-order ship?
Just make sure you complete the hyperdrive quest tutorial. It gives you the hyperdrive blueprint. Once you have the blueprint, you can use the preorder ship without worries.
I took the preorder ship immediately and everything was fine. You just have to fix your preordered ship.
No, you just haven't reached the problem yet. The glitch has nothing to do with getting warp fuel, it's about having the hyperdrive blueprint in your inventory just in case you accidentally switch ships without the new one having a hyperdrive.

Make sure your future ship has a hyperdrive preinstalled or you'll but fucked too

JackEtc

I just got a hyperdrive by giving a Gek 10 isotopes, lol. I have a crap ton of words for the Gek (found planet with pretty much nonstop knowledge stones) so I was able to translate that he wanted some isotopes :D

So it just randomly happened hours into the game?

I only have two fucking planets in this system, and one is a desolate sentinel hostile planet so hopefully I can find a friendly alien sooner than later on this one planet :( this is ridiculous

mokeyjoe

OK I need antimatter to make warp cells.

Do I have to purchase antimatter? Like from a space station maybe? There is a building in front of me with a shop but no anti matter

I followed the marker and a Gek gave it to me. Got the crafting recipe straight away in my second system.

mokeyjoe

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the 'redeem items' notification yet? I have no need or want of the preorder ship now I have a better one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I know some people have been screwed by having the preorder ship, trading up to another ship with no hyperdrive. Has anyone gotten out of this? I still have the preorder ship with a functioning hyperdrive but can't find any ships with one in spaceports, even super expensive ones.

Could be a big bug!

Aenima

What's the best way to get easy inventory upgrades? It's becoming quite the issue since I like to have stacks of every resource which isn't working out right now.

I found a barren planet with no vegetation and no animals, but alot of alien bases. One of the things that spawned on that planet was a small pod where u can buy 1 upgrade for your isuit inventory. But without any vegetation was pretty easy to hop in the ship, fly low and spot those pods. I must have done 5 or 7 slot upgrades just in that planet untill i ran out of money to upgrade further.

My suit has now 24 slots while my ship still only has 16 :p

N° 2048

how do you get an atlas pass

how do you get more inventory slots on your suit

I followed Atlas path then found a random anomaly when I went back to a previously discovered system. Ended up being the NPCs to get AtlasPass v1. Was kind of random o_O

You find suit upgrades in pods on planets.

Dubz

The lack of inventory spaces is getting frustrating. I like the idea of this game, but there's a lot of shit that could make it better. For instance:

Land vehicles like rovers or something.

Different looking structures. So far all the abandoned buildings, operation centers, and trading posts all look exactly the same.

Waypoints on land. You can make waypoints in space but not on land.

So I know some people have been screwed by having the preorder ship, trading up to another ship with no hyperdrive. Has anyone gotten out of this? I still have the preorder ship with a functioning hyperdrive but can't find any ships with one in spaceports, even super expensive ones.

Could be a big bug!
I deleted my save and started over :(

Try to move your preexisting hyperdrive to your exosuit inventory. It was the only thing I didn't try

Cant seem to get my preorder ship or Limited edition items to show up in my options menu. I did go and build my own hyper drive already, wonder if I'm screwed in regards to those items

mstevens

Two questions

I missed the 3 paths thing somehow.. What are they and which path should I pick? I guess I'll have to start over for that.

Also, how do I get an atlaspass for these doors?

JackEtc

Could be a big bug!

Literally just had this happen to me 10 mins ago after buying a ship from a guy in a station. Now I'm stuck in a two planet system, one of the planets being sentinel hostile.

breakfuss

So has anyone wondered what the point of naming stuff is if no one else will see it? Or have people in fact encountered things that have already been named by other players?

Kyne

Make sure you contact them. Amazon is usually pretty good about giving you something when this happens. It won't get you the game, but it is still something.

Sorry yours didn't arrive.

Yeah, they gave me a free month of prime and tried to assure me it would be here the 11th (wtf).

Anyways, I was really taken back by the non-60 FPS gameplay. I also wish that the PS4 version had the FOV slider. Maybe it was just a sign that I should get it on PC anyway.

That sucks. You're the second person I've seen in here whose Amazon order got bumped to Wednesday. I think I might skip them from now on

Honestly this is the first time they fail me.

If they fuck up my Last Guardian CE or my PSVR bundle I'll be livid.

Aenima

Could be a big bug!

I believe if u buy a ship without hiperdrive, you will be able to build one. I have the pre-order ship that came with hyperdrive, but i believe i got a blueprint to build one in the beginning.
I have only been looking at the crashed ships, and the ones i found they have hyperdrives on them already.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I could start over or wait for a fix and continue with this terrible ship. Silly preorder ship I never even wanted in the first place!

Maybe if I roleplayed pirate or trader? I feel like the former would be fun, but the ship combat feels rough and slow. Plus, ships only get better as you get closer. You can't just power your shit up from the get go.

A trader would be fun, but I fear mining shit all day for the express purpose of making money might burn me out even faster.

I don't know. This game just isn't grabbing me like it should. I feel like there's a ton of downtime between interesting things if you aren't into looking at the same outposts and structures over and over.

You find a cave, and that's swell, but if you don't need shit in it, why explore it? The same stuff will probably happen. It's not like emergent quests were promised or anything, but boy would they have helped.

mstevens

New thread page questions

What are the 3 paths and which is the best? I missed this and will have to start over..

How do you get an atlaspass?

JackEtc

I believe if u buy a ship without hiperdrive, you will be able to build one. I have the pre-order ship that came with hyperdrive, but i believe i got a blueprint to build one in the beginning.
I have only been looking at the crashed ships, and the ones i found they have hyperdrives on them already.

If you switch over to the pre-order ship at the wrong time, you never get the tutorial and blueprint to build the hyperdrive. Which is what my current situation is

I started out standing in what looked like lava on a radioactive planet. Perfect. :D

J97yy0r.jpg

If you switch over to the pre-order ship at the wrong time, you never get the tutorial and blueprint to build the hyperdrive. Which is what my current situation is

Not true, I used the pre order ship and once you leave the first system you pick up the quest line for the hyperdrive blueprint and get it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom