• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky PC version delayed for a few days? (New Date: August 12)

Hip Hop

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/
Xjm4Kjd.png

big fake

Clearly this means game has nothing to do in it.
/s

This really doesnt matter to me, gives us PS4 players time to enjoy our version before PC mustard race flanuts their 4k/300fps.

epmode

Good. It's a way to get in on that stupid pre-order deal while still having enough time to back out if reviews and impressions are poor.

Trojan

This seems like less of a delay and more of an arbitrary change to a Friday rather than a Tuesday.

I have no idea why that would be the case though, could this have something to do with Sony's influence? I mean why else would they have a 3 day change-up only on one platform when the game has gone gold?

EDIT: could definitely be Schreier-influenced. He's clearly pulling the strings from behind the curtain

Hektor

Good. It's a way to get in on that stupid pre-order deal while still having enough time to back out if reviews and impressions are poor.

If you frame it that way this can in actuality be considered a good thing, heh.
I wanted to wait for reviews either way, since the game seems to not be cheap for preorder on GMG and similar sites..

/s

This really doesnt matter to me, gives us PS4 players time to enjoy our version before PC mustard race flanuts their 4k/300fps.

As in every PCgaming thread on GAF, we are all up to levelheaded rational discussion of our prefered videogame platforms.

jacobeid

Banned
/s

lol wow. You can enjoy the game even after the PC version releases.

DrArchon

Would have to be something on Sony's end if this were true, right? I can't see any reason to delay it by such a short amount of time unless it was to say that the PS4 version is out first.

If it's true, oh well. Not like I don't have too many games to play right now anyway.

/s

Oh man I got bad news for you, we already know it's 1 million K and unlimited framerates.

Sorry dude.

/s

No Man's Sky threads still maintaining a certain level of discourse I see.

Offtopic but do the pc and ps4 versions share the same universe? I.e., if a planet discovered and named on one platform, will it be mapped on another one?

big fake

lol wow. You can enjoy the game even after the PC version releases.
ya ofc I can, I was clearly exaggerating, it doesn't defeat the fact their will be countless those PC master race fellows who will go out of their way to compare and question console players choice. I'm not pointing out someone specifically, its aimed at those who are.

I know there are very level headed people on GAF and but there are countless elitist who are all through the forum.

ya off I can, I was clearly exaggerating, it doesn't defeat the fact their will be countless those PC master race fellows who will go out of their way to compare and question console players choice. I'm not pointing out someone specifically, its aimed at those who are.

I know there are very level headed people on GAF and but there are countless elitist who are all through the forum.

Absolutely none of what you said is relevant to this thread.

LowSignal

Sucks, I sold my PS4 in anticipation of NEO and i'm really excited to play NMS. just a few days isnt bad. Maybe I'll make up my mind about RX 480 or spend some more cash for the 1070

bathsalts

When's the reviews for this thing due to be up anyways? Seems like they would be needlessly risking some impulse sales if ps4 impressions aren't completely stellar on a 3 day delay.

CHC

I don't think this is true. That text has been up for a while and Steam says the PS4 release date for all regions. It's awkwardly worded in the first place and I think something that was put up in error. All other signs point to no delay.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ya ofc I can, I was clearly exaggerating, it doesn't defeat the fact their will be countless those PC master race fellows who will go out of their way to compare and question console players choice. I'm not pointing out someone specifically, its aimed at those who are.

You seem to not understand. what you're saying is completly irrelevant to the thread and is only derailing it.
I don't even understand why you felt the need to insult people or even bring up the PC master race (which for the record isn't a term used on this forum by PC gamers as far as I know).

I know this I was replying to other poster post.

Anyway I am intrigued to see how the PC version is optimized. I'm not sure was Joe Danger only a console game?

Joe Danger is on steam.

big fake

Read my post above ^

I realized I was derailing it and moved on. Let's all do that.

How was the Steam version of Joe Danger? I don't think it would be a demanding title right?

jacobeid

Banned

Just wanted to say that you're the only person here in the thread bringing it up. Stick around on GAF for awhile and I think you'll realize that very few of us here are going to give console players shit for playing a game how they see fit. The ones who do either get banned or don't stick around long enough to be banned, so I'd suggest you just let enjoy the game regardless of any shit posts you may see along the way :)

Welcome to GAF!

big fake

Just wanted to say that you're the only person here in the thread bringing it up. Stick around on GAF for awhile and I think you'll realize that very few of us here are going to give console players shit for playing a game how they see fit. The ones who do either get banned or don't stick around long enough to be banned, so I'd suggest you just let enjoy the game regardless of any shit posts you may see along the way :)

Welcome to GAF!
See this is why I like GAF, people like you. Derailing threads is shitty so I realized this would be so irrelevant let's move on and get the PC version. Thanks for welcoming me btw!

Just need Dawg-senpai to notice me now. lol

Top Bottom