• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

Xbudz

Well, here's the planet I spent the most of my night on:

FQLBkDu.png

My landing zone, ships can be seen circling the skies.

4h917eS.png

90's rave flyer.

Fredrik

Some pics

A planet with 70% water and ruins and monoliths below water all over the place.

CKsIU3F.jpg

And a... Chocobo?

3DmlZpk.jpg

Edit: didn't know I could only post 2 pics, adding the best ones later

Found an underwater ruin today on this planet, unfortunately my Air Meter depletes too quickly for me to reach it at this moment. Maybe some other time. First time that I went swimming in this game! Looks great!

10HC7V.png

vXqwt3S.jpg

n0uJjQ6.jpg

Whoops sorry about the watermark guys I did a quick and dirty edit in lightroom and forgot to turn off the watermark when I exported them lol.

Tommi84

It's not 4K resolution and all and it's 'only' PS4 footage, but... that's the first planet I really liked and named.

Panoramas made of three pictures each:
jjJ6OcI.jpg

7eTvJ0L.jpg

Poyunch

I was on an extremely radioactive hellscape that was mostly almost entirely red canyons. I spent two days there gathering vortex cubes and it was monotonous and exhausting. Ironically enough every other planet in the system has been beautiful.

A lifeless moon.

Kadayi

Banned
For PC players those who like to take non-hud screenshots but want a toggle versus having to go into the Menu all the time: -

http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/11/?

You need to install the NMS script extender firstly, though: -

http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/9/?

And you must launch the game using the NMSElauncher.exe (just create a desktop shortcut) just ensure Steam is open beforehand if that is your weapon of choice. Steam overlay/broadcast still works as far as I can tell.

Early days with the script extender etc on the modding scene, but I dare say in time an easier system will be put into place.

cooly08

I've made a little mod.
Is purpose it to get ride of the white lines when you use the scanner (which still show up even if you hide the HUD through Dead End Thrills table for cheat engine or via the option menu on pc).

So it is usefull (I think) when you will quickly take a screenshot with a low FOV.

The readme is in french (because I'm french :p) but the only think you have to do is to put the _MOD.noBinocularsUI.pak in "No Man's Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS" folder.
To get ride of it, simply delete it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/faikmbe91kjqqqo/nms_mod_cooly08_noBinocularsUI_v1.0.1.zip?dl=0

Early days with the script extender etc on the modding scene, but I dare say in time an easier system will be put into place.

I've just been using the Cheat Engine table by DeadEndThrills. It's had a HUD toggle in it since Day 1 of the game's launch. Surprised more people weren't using that as it also has the CA\scanline\vignette removal script as well.

Kadayi

Banned
I've just been using the Cheat Engine table by DeadEndThrills. It's had a HUD toggle in it since Day 1 of the game's launch. Surprised more people weren't using that as it also has the CA\scanline\vignette removal script as well.

I don't know anything about it. I just want to take screenshots without the hud. I'm not interested in tweaking the games mechanics necessarily. I'll look into it though, as I presume it's safe to use without compromising one's Steam account? .

Kadayi

Banned
18BF7BAD2FC1CF58DE6687969947E10097AA59E3

Playing around with downsampling. Tried 4000x2250 with the old 970. Figure it will go higher, but the FPS is through the floor, so it's really only suitable for glorious screenshot purposes.

Going to delve into cheat engine next because that vignette and chromatic aberration at the top of the screen is beginning to annoy the shit out of me.

Top Bottom