• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

VARIA

My recent travels:

Zc7In16.jpg

More planets//moons on my journey:

Cataclysm [N0_0Cu]:
nomanssky_20160925180hzuzv.png

Located in the Jade Cloud system [R2AlAuCuIr2fV]

Pacem [N"8f_0Au]:
nomanssky_20160919001hdsgn.png

Located in the Klondike system [B4AuNi0fK]

amoebae

A couple of early shots (I'm still only on system number 6), in 5K (I've since gone down to 4K because my fps melts away near water):

29065950786_5361e76539_o.png

29215066215_7fd60bc9af_o.png

amoebae

I've since been running my 4K shots through topaz simplify and yearning for a game that had these graphics to begin with:

29105246733_fb7b8e302f_o.png

30227713896_4d2489165b_o.png

(I wasn't sure if edited shots were allowed, but I saw someone else post them up-thread so... Apologies if it's not the done thing.)

amoebae

Those new planets really do look exciting. I saw another on reddit that has square shafts of light bursting through from the ground with bits of broken rock floating in them. And another with floating bubbles! The terrain textures have seen a decent improvement as well. Pretty impressed so far.

Akuosa

Decided to restart, after not touching the game since about a month after release.
I really liked my toothpaste-first planet.
Yt9TH4S.jpg

amoebae

I don't know what it is but I used to think this game looked stunning. Now suddenly the color palette seems unsettling.

The photo mode update added several different filters. The original palette is under the 'vintage' filter, and the 'default' filter is more akin to what some of the 'no more yellow/instagram' mods tried to achieve. I don't see many people using the old vintage filter now. In addition there are perhaps another 8 or 9 filters. Most look awful in all but very specific situations, but I often find myself taking the same shot with several and picking which I like the best after the fact.

mikelly

Neo Member
Sorry I already posted one of these in the console screenshots thread but I figured you guys might appreciate it more! This game is becoming more amazing all the time!
pYqxlzP.jpg

s8D5mJe.jpg

Top Bottom