• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Spoiler Thread

Now that someone is actually posting videos of game play I think its best that a spoiler thread go up before the OT is posted. I am sure there are many of us who would still like to discuss the game but want to avoid spoilers as best as we can. That other NMS thread is now budding with spoiler information, which is cool, but maybe that kind of discussion can be had in a different thread (like this one?)?

Mods, Procedurally degenerate if this thread is inappropriate.

gasb0705

Banned
Didn't the devs say everyone starts on a random point in the galaxy and its unlikely two players ever visit the same planet?

So... what can be spoiled in this game?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Didn't the devs say everyone starts on a random point in the galaxy and its unlikely two players ever visit the same planet?

The whole center of the universe thing, I think.

ymgve

Mechanics, how weird things get on planets as you move further towards the center, at least.

Must be something cuz...

fEl0XtJ.png

lcap

Just saw the 26 video from this guy and the game looks exactly what I hoped it to be. Of course I skipped over a lot, but it's looking incredible.

I didn't watch the intro sequence video, but watched a bit of the exploration one just to tide me over.

Holy cannoli that crazy bouncing plant in the cave. WTF was that!

Then I saw some relic technology thing and noped right out of there. I'll see y'all on the 9th.

E92 M3

I love the robotic voice. Hopefully we can customize the voice later down the line - just like in Titanfall.

danowat

Banned
The anti gravity hanging rock formations that you can leave from you mining blaster look nasty, I used to have an issue with the same thing in Worms games.

Cmagus

Wow the plant that's jumping around didn't see that coming and it's pretty cool you can feed things. I can already tell this game is gonna consume me for a long time.

Begaria

The robotic voice from your suit really reminds me of the Half Life HEV suit voice. Also, there's "A Scanner Darkly" trophy. Very nice nod to Phillip K. Dick.

SomTervo

Has someone got a link to the footage?

The anti gravity hanging rock formations that you can leave from you mining blaster look nasty, I used to have an issue with the same thing in Worms games.

I liked how in 7 Days to Die unsupported structures collapse, deal damage, and turn into "rubble".

I guess this would be hard to implement across an entire planet

The robotic voice from your suit really reminds me of the Half Life HEV suit voice. Also, there's "A Scanner Darkly" trophy. Very nice nod to Phillip K. Dick.

In The Solus Project I was partly in charge of creating the player PDA's voice content and we modelled it closely on the HEV HEV sit.

It can't go wrong.

ymgve

Well, deformable terrain and physics is hard.

Also from the looks of it your mining laser can run out of fuel. Does that mean if you've used up all your fuel you will be stranded unable to do anything?

This video was enough for me to tell that this game is going to deliver on what I want from it. Gonna be so hard to wait a week and a half.

danowat

Banned
Well, deformable terrain and physics is hard.

Also from the looks of it your mining laser can run out of fuel. Does that mean if you've used up all your fuel you will be stranded unable to do anything?
No doubt it would be very taxing, just a shame that's all, I know it's going to jar me though.

Yes, looks like your mining laser is finite.

SomTervo

Yeah, read the game 's first "objective" and it already spoiled that context for me unexpectedly. I'm out.

See you in a couple of weeks guys!

Top Bottom