• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Pre-Release Info and Hype Thread

Ridley327

Darkside Remix was, sadly, only available on GHM's online store and it sold out fast. You can still "obtain it", but finding a hard copy of it is next to impossible; same goes for the soundtracks for Flower, Sun & Rain and Michigan.

Threi

notag
10 hours doesn't seem right...that would mean its shorter than the first game?

The first game was perfect length though (with replayability) so it won't matter much.

*edit*

the music in the Shinobu vid....so good

G.O.O.

There's no city roaming time here, so...

(but more than 5 hours, there must be something else)

Also

2rvz955.png

I can't be the only one who sees this...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Cow Mengde said:
Is it wrong that I had to use google to know what you're talking about? I read flashlight at first and was even more confused.
I'll tell you when you're older.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
10 hours? I didn't think I spent all that long on the overworld, but maybe I did. It will probably feel longer as I can imagine the game flows a bit better.

I'm going to miss shirt collecting though. I kinda liked that :/.

Nicktals

Banned
EatChildren said:
10 hours? I didn't think I spent all that long on the overworld, but maybe I did. It will probably feel longer as I can imagine the game flows a bit better.

I'm going to miss shirt collecting though. I kinda liked that :/.

Yeah...I kind of hope not all that shirts/clothes are simply purchasable...I hope for some of them you have to complete certain things...kind of like...oh god....

achievements.

But seriously...Get certain shirts for getting certain scores in the mini games, or the shoot 'em up...complete certain missions...It'd be kind of cool to get special shirts, in addition to some cash.

So, according to the Gamedaily preview, you can still explore the city on the bike?

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/no-m...truggle/wii/game-previews/preview/7716/20740/

Along with killing, Travis will still have plenty to do around the city. Side tasks are available to earn extra cash, and lawn mowing will return. As for driving, it has gone through a complete overhaul, so it doesn't feel as clumsy, thanks to the sleek new Mark II motorbike.

Visually, No More Heroes II is similar to the first, with a quirky (but likable) art style and free-roaming sandbox environment. You'll go anywhere, even though specific objectives appear on your map. Expect plenty of silliness as well, including ridiculous one-liners (including jabs at Hollywood franchises) and a hub to store your progress and goof around.

G.O.O.

Doesn't sound like they played it. They don't mention the fact that the jobs are now 2D, and this

Travis will go head to head against such enemies as a woman with a multi-pronged jetpack, a dude with a killer boombox and a schoolgirl packing double katana blades, just three of 50 plus boss fights in the game. Yes, 50. You'll literally have to fight your way to number one.
looks like some sort of guess from the trailers and various info.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Destructoid have a YouTube video up showing the full
Mech Battle
. Find it here.

Spoiled it for myself but, quite frankly, the whole thing looks so amazing. Are all filmclips for this game in-game, or are they also using animation? Because there's a few moments in some of the cutscenes which look really, really nice.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EatChildren said:
Destructoid have a YouTube video up showing the full
Mech Battle
. Find it here.

Spoiled it for myself but, quite frankly, the whole thing looks so amazing. Are all filmclips for this game in-game, or are they also using animation? Because there's a few moments in some of the cutscenes which look really, really nice.
Yeah, the visuals in that particular scene really have a strong, animated look.

Nicktals

Banned
Just for the record...That destructoid preview said the one 3D job/mini-game is NOT a new one...rather, it's Suda's favorite from the previous game.

Vinnk

Time to go on blackout. Didn't watch any new videos. Want to talk about it, but don't want to spoil all the fun. See you guys in the official thread.

Dascu

Nicktals said:
Just for the record...That destructoid preview said the one 3D job/mini-game is NOT a new one...rather, it's Suda's favorite from the previous game.
I wonder if it's the suicide bike ramp.

Magypsy23

Banned
Ridley327 said:
Darkside Remix was, sadly, only available on GHM's online store and it sold out fast. You can still "obtain it", but finding a hard copy of it is next to impossible.

I have that one, I never unwrapped it because I had already listened to it on YouTube. :lol
What happened to ghmR store anyway?

gimz

i hope suda make a game combining NMH and Killer7, using travis killing all those monsters in Killer7 world would be amazing

Minamu

The OP doesn't say, but will the PAL version have blood this time around? Options? I kinda liked the coins & black ooze coming out of their bodies :lol

Minamu said:
The OP doesn't say, but will the PAL version have blood this time around? Options? I kinda liked the coins & black ooze coming out of their bodies :lol

I think they said there will be a censored and uncensored version of the game in Europe.

EatChildren

MNC said:
Damn, that really does look like Anime.

Yeah, so much so I want to know if it's actually CGI/animation or if it's all in-game rendering. Because if it's the latter that's extremely impressive.

EatChildren said:
Yeah, so much so I want to know if it's actually CGI/animation or if it's all in-game rendering. Because if it's the latter that's extremely impressive.

Really looks like a mix of both.

G.O.O.

That makes me think that I'd LOVE some chapters with a different visual style, like Cloudman & Alter Ego in Killer 7.

Probably won't happen, but a man can dream, right.

Dascu said:
G4TV preview + Interview with Suda: http://g4tv.com/videos/43302/No-More-Heroes-2-Desperate-Struggle-Preview/

Not much new footage, but a little bit of extra storyline info:
Bishop got killed by people working for the CEO of Pizza Bat (the new Pizza Butt). You can see short clips of this guy in the Henry reveal and recent Postcards teaser clips.

Someone has to make a gif of you know what, I'd love to have it as an avatar.

Nicktals

Banned
That Brown Guy said:
Someone has to make a gif of you know what, I'd love to have it as an avatar.

If you're talking about sylvia making travis' 'lightsaber' grow...I believe someone already has it as an avatar.

Minamu

AceBandage said:
I think they said there will be a censored and uncensored version of the game in Europe.
Oh yah, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing something like that. will probably get the bloody game this time around, even if it suffers from frame-rate drops, like the first game supposedly did.

Nicktals

Banned
That Brown Guy said:
No, not that, if you watch the video that I quoted, you'll know what I mean.

Well, I did watch that video. Twice. The part I mentioned is in there. The only other thing I think you might be referring to is when the boss tosses the girls. Somebody has that as an avatar to, I believe...Or at least they used to.

But I'm not sure why you would assume everyone would know what you're talking about...As the first scene I mentioned, and the one I mentioned now, have both been around for quite a while.

Although personally I wouldn't mind an avatar (i've never had one on gaf) of tarvis doing the body slam in slow-motion, and then the lightsabre coming down after.

Nicktals said:
Well, I did watch that video. Twice. The part I mentioned is in there. The only other thing I think you might be referring to is when the boss tosses the girls. Somebody has that as an avatar to, I believe...Or at least they used to.

But I'm not sure why you would assume everyone would know what you're talking about...As the first scene I mentioned, and the one I mentioned now, have both been around for quite a while.

Although personally I wouldn't mind an avatar (i've never had one on gaf) of tarvis doing the body slam in slow-motion, and then the lightsabre coming down after.

Ahhh crap I made a mistake! I got the links mixed up, the video I was referring to is this one:

From Gamespot's On the Spot, Gameplay featuring cheerleaders, mechs and tons of blood + Suda 51 being Interviewed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycIEH2zA4E

The gif request is obvious but it's at 1:30

Magypsy23

Banned
5 weeks to go, right? I pre-ordered mine at play-asia seeing as I don't expect Ubi to offer any pre-order incentives in NA.

Top Bottom