• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes creator Suda51 wants to make a Deadpool game with Marvel

Bullet Club

No More Heroes creator Suda51 wants to make a Deadpool game with Marvel​

The Grasshopper CEO says the company also has three new IPs planned for the next 10 years

P7w6qov.jpg

No More Heroes creator Goichi Suda (aka Suda51) has stated that he would love to make a Deadpool game with Marvel.

During a two-hour launch livestream with IGN Japan, Suda was asked what was next for developer Grasshopper Manufacture now that the No More Heroes series is over.

“The broad answer is we already have a lot of products that are in development,” Suda replied via a translator, “and over the next 10 years we have three original IPs that we’re working on and we have already planned out.

“So you can definitely look forward to a lot of new, interesting original IPs from Grasshopper. We also of course have other plans and are working hard on them to bring them to fruition.

ZVZdRLT.jpg

“But [in terms of] the kind of things I’d love to do, I’d also love to work with Marvel on a Shatterstar or Deadpool game, something sort of Grasshopper-y like that. Maybe a Quicksilver title of some sorts. So, Marvel, you know.”

A senior executive at Disney’s games operation suggested last year that the company could be open to licensing more of its properties to external game developers.

Citing the successful releases of EA’s Jedi: Fallen Order and Sony’s Marvel Spider-Man, Disney’s games VP Sean Shoptaw told attendees at the 2020 DICE Summit it places importance on “reimagining” its properties in games.

The Disney exec reportedly invited game developers in the room and throughout the industry to “come and play” with its extensive catalogue of franchises.

The third and seemingly final game in the main No More Heroes series was released last week, after which Suda took to Twitter to declare that the series was over.

Last month, Suda confirmed on Reddit that he still wanted to team up with Deadly Premonition creator Swery65 to make a horror title called Hotel Barcelona, which had only previously been mentioned once during a livestream in 2019.

“I contact Swery65 at least once every 2 to 3 months, even during COVID, about how to make Hotel Barcelona happen,” Suda said in the Reddit AMA. “It really depends on the timing, since it gets heavily influenced on the work I’m doing at that period.”

Source: VGC

Top Bottom