• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again revealed (Switch, UE4)

That entire port was poor. I bought it at launch and couldn't even finish it. Maybe if I had a MOVE it would have been better but with a standard controller it was just boring to play.

I played it with the Move and it feels OK, but there is one additional minigame that wasn't on Wii (the flag wave) that is pretty much broken on the Move and you have to switch to the DS3 to play it. The game is perfectly playable with the Move otherwise - the grappling was changed so that you only have to wave the Move (so it's no different from the finisher slices).

In Europe the PS3 version is superior because it's uncensored.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What other Switch games have hit 1 million besides the obvious ones like Zelda and Splatoon? And I'm not even sure about those.

Breh Zelda made a almost a million in the first month on the market in America alone. Most notable Nintendo published retail titles are at or past 1 million. Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario kart, 1-2 Switch etc. Some are at multi millions.

ar0s

How does everyone feel about this title now we have seen gameplay footage?

Do you think showing footage of gameplay at the first reveal would have tempered expectations appropriately?

Harlock

Looks very indie, what the original trailer hinted... but most people wish a full third person view like 1 and 2. They talked about this mode, but still very unclear what the game is. Is not good to do this, because everyone projects and expect a different game.

Last edited:

ar0s

Agreed. The bit at the end of the video left me partially hopeful for a substantial main mode beyond the different genres you visit but I don't expect it at all now. Unless they are saving the blowout on the main adventure mode for e3, which would make sense.

They talked about indie game tshirts but from what they showed your player character looked way too small to even see what is on the shirt.

Last edited:

kunonabi

How does everyone feel about this title now we have seen gameplay footage?

Do you think showing footage of gameplay at the first reveal would have tempered expectations appropriately?

The lack of female bosses sucks but it looks ok otherwise.

ar0s

Wow. Honestly it kind of looks like a mobile game. Disappointed.

Anything new about Adventure mode? Just praying that is the main part of the title and they are keeping it secret for now.

Wow. Honestly it kind of looks like a mobile game. Disappointed.

Anything new about Adventure mode? Just praying that is the main part of the title and they are keeping it secret for now.

It kinda looks like a XBL arcade game. Which isn’t a bad thing I just hope this isn’t how the entire game is and that they aren’t going to charge 60 bucks for this. Cause right now this game looks like it should be 20-30 dollars imo.

staen

It kinda looks like a XBL arcade game. Which isn’t a bad thing I just hope this isn’t how the entire game is and that they aren’t going to charge 60 bucks for this. Cause right now this game looks like it should be 20-30 dollars imo.

I'm kinda getting the feeling it is. Recent siliconera interview asked Suda if this will get a retail release and he said maybe. So as of now it's safe to assume it's an eshop only title and possibly a cheaper one at that?

ilfait

To me it looks like it plays like Diablo 3 or the PS2 Baldur's Gate games, which would be fine if there's some complexity and it's well executed. But what made the original so good wasn't its mechanics, which were for the most part okay at best and mainly worked satirically; it was the writing, acting and cinematography, and this one looks like it may be severely lacking there. Hopefully whoever was in charge of writing the GDC-specific dialogue isn't in charge of writing the game, or even the localization, because it seems like it sucks; seemed to waver between dull and embarrassing. Travis says "dick move" now? Not a good sign.

Could be great. Not feeling optimistic.

Last edited:

staen

To me it looks like it plays like Diablo 3 or the PS2 Baldur's Gate games, which would be fine if there's some complexity and it's well executed. But what made the original so good wasn't its mechanics, which were for the most part okay at best and mainly worked satirically; it was the writing, acting and cinematography, and this one looks like it may be severely lacking there. Hopefully whoever was in charge of writing the GDC-specific dialogue isn't in charge of writing the game, or even the localization, because it seems like it sucks; seemed to waver between dull and embarrassing. Travis says "dick move" now? Not a good sign.

Could be great. Not feeling optimistic.
I feel it looks even simpler than that. Like maybe a NMH take on Gauntlet. There was a recent 4gamer interview that said the game is only 30% complete so I imagine most of the dialogue is just a placeholder.

I’ll get it and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, but the price is going to have to be right. Definitely not a full priced title from the looks of it.

Top Bottom