• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No need to fear...Madden 2008 PS3 30 FPS is HERE!!!!! :(

DenogginizerOS said:
Microsoft never said that Madden will be running faster than the PS3 version. All the brother said was that it will be running at twice the speed as last year's, brother.
That's how I remember it. GAF is still GAF though.
edit: I just checked in this vid. He says twice as fast as last season's games. Nothing about PS3 versions. Oh GAF...

tanod

when is my burrito
mckmas8808 said:
So how in the hell did EA bump the framerate from 30 to 60 fps in one week?

Upper management probably put a boot up the developers' ass when they heard about the differences.

Onix said:
* Looks at Lair *

no

Obviously, this is assuming it is not dramatically hurting other aspects of the game.

You can look at Lair all you want at 1080p on an HDTV less than 50". Thing is, you won't be able to discern a difference between the 720p version and the 1080p version.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This would be awesome since I just got a PS3 and my 360 just died. I liked playing madden on the Dual Shock/Shock Axis anyways.

MatiasB

Banned
tanod said:
Upper management probably put a boot up the developers' ass when they heard about the differences.

I think so too, this was horrible press for the PS3 version. With developers leaking information like this, the devs must have been put in a really tough position.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
FormulaOne said:
You can look at Lair all you want at 1080p on an HDTV less than 50". Thing is, you won't be able to discern a difference between the 720p version and the 1080p version.
Well it depends how close he is to the TV. If he gets really close he can tell the difference.

BryanI

Hey everyone,

This is Bryan Intihar from EGM. I've just confirmed with EA that this story is absolute BS. Unfortunately, the PS3 version of Madden is stuck running at only 30fps.

Big-E

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

This is Bryan Intihar from EGM. I've just confirmed with EA that this story is absolute BS. Unfortunately, the PS3 version of Madden is stuck running at only 30fps.

Welcome Bryan and thanks for the update.

LukeSmith

PistolGrip said:
Good to hear.

Moore having to eat all his "where sports games run twice as fast" comments from E3 is priceless

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Uh oh

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks Bryan.

Haunted

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks and welcome.

Evilore - he's real?

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Does that go for NCAA 08?

RBH

PistolGrip said:
Good to hear.

Moore having to eat all his "where sports games run twice as fast" comments from E3 is priceless

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

:lol

FrankT

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Oky dokie. Thread is officially DOA.

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

How do these stories get started anyway?

DMczaf

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

6g1sawj.gif

Go cry in the corner, MrBob.

Mrbob

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Bauerout.gif

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Anyone else read this like "Hi, this is Sal Governally"

Guess I've been listening to Howard Stern too much.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

Victory for the MS camp!!!!
jk
Seriously if last seasons game was locked at 30fps why is it so important for this season to be 60fps? I am not a fan of football games, so I dont know if this makes a huge difference.

Haunted

So, EA still doesn't get enough support by Sony to get their sports titles running as well as on the 360? That's pretty pathetic.

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, he is.
Cool, thanks. Gotta be careful with those fake insider schmucks running around here. *shifty eyes*

MatiasB

Banned
Why did EA's port quality lower all of a sudden? NBA Street on PS3 was almost at a steady 60 in 720p. Pretty much a seemingly identically port to the 360 build

And at 1080p resolutions the game was running well too, I've tried it.

Well Sdrotar, who's part of the EA sports community, just posted on his blog, that he was in touch with an EA rep about the NCAA '08 not being able to roster share without some kind of work around. He specifically asked about the PS3 frame rate and he was told unequivocally that Madden and NBA live will be at 60fps.

DenogginizerOS

gluv65 said:
Well Sdrotar, who's part of the EA sports community, just posted on his blog, that he was in touch with an EA rep about the NCAA '08 not being able to roster share without some kind of work around. He specifically asked about the PS3 frame rate and he was told unequivocally that Madden and NBA live will be at 60fps.

Link?

Well Sdrotar, who's part of the EA sports community, just posted on his blog, that he was in touch with an EA rep about the NCAA '08 not being able to roster share without some kind of work around. He specifically asked about the PS3 frame rate and he was told unequivocally that Madden and NBA live will be at 60fps. Here's his blog

http://www.5w-g.com

DenogginizerOS

gluv65 said:
Well Sdrotar, who's part of the EA sports community, just posted on his blog, that he was in touch with an EA rep about the NCAA '08 not being able to roster share without some kind of work around. He specifically asked about the PS3 frame rate and he was told unequivocally that Madden and NBA live will be at 60fps. Here's his blog

Shawn Drotar said,

on July 16th, 2007 at 4:53 pm

“WOLVERINES!!!”

Anyway, based on the information I’ve gotten from EA, they think Madden will be running at 60 fps on the PS3.

Regardless, Microsoft can’t count on this frame-rate edge for long, and they’re going to have to decide between having transparency or not.

Unequivocally? I think not.

FrankT

gluv65 said:

Has the 60 fps in Madden on PS3 been confirmed by EA?

The original source I know of for this information (namely Shopmaster from MW who asked about it in L.A. last week) got that word from an NCAA producer from EA. I do not wish to cast dispersions on anyone here (source or reporter) or fan the flames of console warriors, but the fellas at EA can’t seem to all be on the same page WITHIN a game’s development team let alone ACROSS different games.

If this is indepently confirmed by a different EA source or sources, then I would feel more confident that it is true.

As for MS, they seem to have picked up the hot potato that had Sony fumbling all over themselves a year ago. The dominant position for this generation’s “high-end / hard-core” market seems to be one that neither company - Sony or Microsoft - can get a firm grasp of anytime soon. Each one seems to swing their sword at the other only to end up hitting themself…

The XBL restrictions are wholly pointless. Cheaters will cheat period. The analogy that came to my mind was told / paraphrased in that classic 80’s schlock film “Red Dawn” - if a farmer has a hen house, and a wolf kills one of his chickens; he does not round up the other hens and shoot them for having seen it!

Si, Senor Vega!
Dan

Same source that just got debunked by 1up.

Shawn Drotar said,

on July 16th, 2007 at 4:53 pm

“WOLVERINES!!!”

Anyway, based on the information I’ve gotten from EA, they think Madden will be running at 60 fps on the PS3.

Regardless, Microsoft can’t count on this frame-rate edge for long, and they’re going to have to decide between having transparency or not.

Doesn't sound unequivocal whatsoever.

Edit: beaten

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:
Bluemax, DM, I told you to berieve in CELL!

Great, well when you send me a nice HDTV and a PS3 then I'll join the Madden PS3 league. Until then I'm in the Madden 360 league.

Oh wait, didn't read the rest of the thread.

MrBob am cry.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Jtyettis said:
Same source that just got debunked by 1up.

Doesn't sound unequivocal whatsoever.

Edit: beaten
I dont get it. Who is right?

Why would Madden run at double the framerate of NCAA?

Do we live in some bizarro world where they aren't the same game with a different coat of paint? It's the same ****ing engine. Both should be 30 or both should be 60.

Top Bottom