• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No new games in 2019, unfinished backlog only

TacosNSalsa

After playing the RE2 demo...
9EcvcS3.gif

Good luck to those that have games they are interested in but still try this .. I'm rooting for ya!

RE2 Remake, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Metroid Prime 4 are definitely at the top of my list for games that I'm looking forward to playing this year.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Backlog at the beginning of 2019:
Poi Explorer Edition
Scaler
Ratchet & Clank 2
Ratchet & Clank 3
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
Voodoo Vince
Pac-Man World
Pac-Man World 2
Pac-Man World 3
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
Spyro A Hero's Tail
Toy Story 2
Axiom Verge
Soul Reaver
Sonic Mania Plus
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2
Final Fantasy VI
Sly Racoon
Sly 2
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Epic Mickey 2
Tak Guardians of Gross
Sonic Forces (remaining achievements)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure
Alice Madness Returns
Alice
Ty 2

Yooka-Laylee Switch
[Star Tropics, but NES broke, need to repair it. I will only count this game if I manage to repair the NES this year, I hope that's fine]

Purchased 2019:
Celeste (LRG) - I will of course only count that if it arrives 2019, otherwise I cannot finish it.
Jersey Devil
Blinx 2
Tak 3 DS
Sly 3
Akuji The Heartless
Mad Dash Racing
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2
Hollow Knight (it is a limited retail release; even though I am unsure I am going to play this this year, I couldn't let it pass lest I do not play it ever)
Earthworm Jim 3D
Mushroom Men
Space Chimps
Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Team Sonic Racing
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Planned Purchases 2019:
A Hat in Time
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled
Chameleon Twist 2

Finished from that list at this date:
Ratchet & Clank 2
Ratchet & Clank 3
Pac-Man World

Currently playing:
Tak Guardians of Gross
Poi Explorer Edition

Overall: 52 games planned, 5 done. But the ones that are done are among the shorter ones...

EDIT: I had forgotten 4 games, which are now added in bold.
EDIT 2: Replaced Metroid Prime 4 by Super Mario Maker 2, because, obviously, Metroid Prime 4 is not releasing this year.
EDIT 3: Cuphead Retail and Ori 2 are postponed to 2020, so I replaced them in my to-buy list with Yooka Impossible Lair and A Hat in Time. Bayonetta 3 also is not a 2019 title, so I removed it.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 400 game backlog just on Steam. I need to do this so badly.

Domisto

Oh man, the Dabbing Golduck is too damn cool. Why you have to make it so hard. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

There's no way I'm playing for Kanye.

That leaves the grooming backlog eliminator. Now, I have about 50 games in there. After a lengthy look at 'how long to beat' I can see about 22 games that are at least 30 hours, maybe half of them will take 60+ hours because I like to dither and read and reorganise my inventory in RPGs.

Let's see: (10 x 60hrs) + (12 x 35hrs) + (28 x 10hrs) = aaaand I'm fucked

No, I'll see this through.

I've actually got the real numbers from HLTB and it adds up to 1,215 hours (my estimate of 1,300 was pretty close)

Either I could play for 51 days straight without sleep. Not the best.

Or 1,215 / 352 days left in the year = an average of 3.45 hrs per day

Call it 3 and a half hours per day.

:pie_thinking:

I'm still fucked.

I mean, that's not an impossible mission, but I play maybe half as much on average. Plus I'm still getting a few new games this year.

Welp, that was enlightening.

anthraticus

Banned
Pretty much been doing this for years already.

I feel sorry for DunDunDun. Hes gonna miss REmake 2 this year. And judging by the demo thats a big miss

Quite an odd thing to say. You do know the games aren't suddenly gonna vaniish from exestence after a certain amount of time, right ?

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I bought too many games on sales that I never played, let alone all the games I got from psplus that I didn't even start yet. As much as I would want to play them first, there is no way I would ever resist the urge to play RE2, DMCV, Ace Combat, possibly Last of Us Part 2... no way.

Yoshi

I have completed Tak: Guardians of Gross today. Nice game, but really short and easy. Also, I had forgotten some games from the backlog, which I have added now, upon checking my games again, see previous posting. So updated finished / playing list:

Finished:
Ratchet & Clank 2
Ratchet & Clank 3
Pac-Man World
Tak Guardians of Gross

Currently playing:
Pac-Man World 2
Poi Explorer Edition

Quite an odd thing to say. You do know the games aren't suddenly gonna vaniish from exestence after a certain amount of time, right ?
Unless they are digital (only).

Last edited:

badblue

I'm think that I've made a terrible mistake in only having Dark Souls to play... I'm starting to see YOU DIED in my dreams.

So DS2 and 3 have been replaced with DOOM and Remember Me. Once I finish DS1, I will install DS2.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm think that I've made a terrible mistake in only having Dark Souls to play... I'm starting to see YOU DIED in my dreams.

So DS2 and 3 have been replaced with DOOM and Remember Me. Once I finish DS1, I will install DS2.
Smart move. Playing one Dark Souls after another would be too much for me. Best to mix in some other games as a palette cleanser before you dive back into the cycle of endless deaths.

*Nightwing

This is like dieting, it's a great idea, it's beneficial, but damn I don't have the willpower for it. Props to all you that do, my backlog will just keep growing like my beer belly

I bought a game in my sleep the other night. Saw the receipt in the morning, Got 24 percent off too. Technically I am still within the rules but RE2 is going to break me. I RE2 will be my 1000th steam game so I have to play it. You know, for celebratory reasons.

KINDERFELD

Banned
My backlog starts on my PS2 and covers PS3, Vita, Switch, PS4 and PC.

The only games I'm interested in purchasing are Metroid Prime 4 and Borderlands 3.
At this rate, they're both going to be released in 2020.

I'm tempted to do this challenge...but I don't know if I can.

hecatomb

Banned
Would you believe that I have zero interest in either game? I'm not a fan of either series...
well maybe you just have bad taste in games. Cant wait till people start bitching at me like they always do, "I'm offended blah blah, how dare you say someone has bad taste in games, bitch, bitch, bitch."

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if you need to do shit like this.
it's time to think about your gaming habits.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I will never understand the flagellant gamer mentality. If it's tedious, feels like work, or simply not fun, it's exactly the opposite of why I game to begin with.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

I said that i was going into Splinter Cell Blacklist or FFXIII.....well im finishing, Shadow of The Colossus (ps4). The i think it will be FFXIII (Dont be surprise if i say that im playing Doom, also in my backlog)

hecatomb

Banned
I will never understand the flagellant gamer mentality. If it's tedious, feels like work, or simply not fun, it's exactly the opposite of why I game to begin with.
you know flagellant just means someone who likes flogging people. Pretty sure gamers don't go around flogging people

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
you know flagellant just means someone who likes flogging people. Pretty sure gamers don't go around flogging people
Does self-flagellant help clear it up for you? Also, have you heard of the term metaphor?

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
I probably SHOULD do this. I have God of War and Wolfenstein 2 to start, second run of Detroit too. Hell my son wanted to try Pikmin 3 last week and I realized I never finished it myself. Definitely a few other things kicking around too. But I'm sure there'll be something at some point this year I'll end up buying, even though I don't buy a ton of games these days; come to think of it, the only 2018 games I bought last year are Detroit and God of War.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I probably SHOULD do this. I have God of War and Wolfenstein 2 to start, second run of Detroit too. Hell my son wanted to try Pikmin 3 last week and I realized I never finished it myself. Definitely a few other things kicking around too. But I'm sure there'll be something at some point this year I'll end up buying, even though I don't buy a ton of games these days; come to think of it, the only 2018 games I bought last year are Detroit and God of War.
Purchasing games is not a problem. The challenge is to not play any games purchased in 2019.

And you could always go for the Golduck by maintaining a ratio of 10 backlog games for every 1 new game.

zenspider

This is like dieting, it's a great idea, it's beneficial, but damn I don't have the willpower for it. Props to all you that do, my backlog will just keep growing like my beer belly

I'm just breaking the habit of buying games I'm not ready to play immediately, and this year I'm trying to not buying many full price & AAA games.

This "diet" is brutal. Maybe next gen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I find shifting focus between multiple games easy and with everything developers are doing (releasing campaigns first) it just makes too much sense to play through the story.

watdaeff4

I will try this but don’t know if I will be able to have the willpower to accomplish.

I’ve beaten three games from my backlog (Celeste, Skyrim, Dishonored 2)

I have bought one game but haven’t played it (Tales of Vesperia)

It's a great idea, but I'm going to do something like limit my gaming budget this year.

Good luck to everyone taking part in the challenge.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
My backlog is so big I'm down with this. Don't need to buy shit. If I can beat Witcher 3, Re0, ReRev2, God of War, and Assassins Creed Syndicate I'll be happy without even opening the other 90 games in my backlog. Bonus is Dead Space 3. I just beat Horizon a couple of nights ago and it was the first game I beat in FOREVER.

Last edited:

Yoshi

DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi Considering you started this thread and presumably have such a large backlog, will you share your list with us? Maybe we can push you towards particularly good choices :D.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi Considering you started this thread and presumably have such a large backlog, will you share your list with us? Maybe we can push you towards particularly good choices :D.
It'd be too big of a backlog to post (since it also includes games I've beaten, if I happen to want to replay them).

I need to fill out one of those online database sites that tracks all your games. I'm currently using a spreadsheet.

If you do have general suggestions, though, I'm all ears.

My baclog is so big I'm down with this. Don't need to buy shit. If I can beat Witcher 3, Re0, ReRev2, God of War, and Assassins Creed Syndicate I'll be happy without even opening the other 90 games in my backlog. Bonus is Dead Space 3. I just beat Horizon a couple of nights ago and it was the first game I beat in FOREVER.
Welcome aboard! Post your progress here, especially the tempting games you've resisted.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom