• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No PC no buy

Nickolaidas

I've become a PC only player.

I was platform agnostic just until this very generation. I would buy any game I'd wanted in the platform they were available or made the most sense to get it in.

Sadly, this generation was a disappointing mess for me, it's gonna be 3 years since new gen hardware came out and there's absolutely nothing that the new consoles stand out about.

And now with PlayStation games coming to PC and being able to emulate Nintendo games, plus the fact that I don't care on playing any of those exclusives day one.

Just found myself not getting games in any platform but on PC (due to all the PC advantages that we all know and won't list in this thread and won't discuss about either).

So after getting rid of my old Switch last year when I got the Steam Deck. Giving away my Series X to one of my nephews, and just recently sold my PS5 due to no use.

I've just became a "no PC no buy person". Even if a game in another platform interests me, I won't go out of my way to get it. I'll only get it if they come out of their way and are made available on PC.

Anyone else changed their PC preference lately?
I joined the PC-only crowd 1-2 years ago. Best thing I ever did.

Once Sony goes the MS route and starts releasing all their 1st party games day one, there will be absolutely no reason to turn back.

dano1

A Sheep
3WY3.gif
Not sure what I just watched but it’s pretty cool!

Graciaus

I have no need to buy a console. Nothing Sony or Microsoft makes interests me. If I wanted to play it they will come to pc eventually. Also don't really care for Nintendo but they can be emulated if needed. If 3rd party doesn't release oh well.

Filben

Some trash PC ports, some emulators and games still struggle to run without glitches ("playable with minor or major visual or audio glitches" is not what I consider playable or enjoyable) makes me prefer console versions in some cases.

And I say this as someone who plays 90% on PC. I don't care about platform wars and have no loyalty but simply chose the version that runs best or has the best features or both.

Micro stutter and no DualSense support on PC? Then PS5 version it is. Nintendo game with glitches on the emulator? Switch version it is (I rather play on original 3DS hardware than have to deal with the piss poor audio of Majora's Mask 3D on Citra).

Each to their own, but I decide on per game basis what platform I'm getting said game for.

Why not using the best of both or more worlds?

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Congrats bro you made the right choice by far. Just remember to clean your home with bleach one more time to be sure to get rid of the console stench.

/tongue in cheek

Last edited:
Thanks for the announcement, OP. Console first party teams are shaking right now due to your decision. Sony and Nintendo are doomed. Their stock market will fall tomorrow.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is this a PC circle jerk thread?
uEVp39a.jpg

Im in!!!!

This is the first generation since the Sega Master System, im not pining for a home console
No need, PC doing the most with the least the entire stack of Intel and AMD cpus can run everything at 60 easy work.
If you arent hunting Ultra 2160p120Hz then even GPUs are pocket change.

I recently looked up my build from 2011.
2500K - $220​
GTX570 - $380 for a GS GLH​
64GB SSD - $120????????​

Today
13500 - $250 (i could go much lower and pick a 12400/5600/5800 but the 13500 is a multitasking beast for gamers who need to stream to their 4 subscribers)
A770/6650XT/2060S - $330​
2TB SSD - $110​

Your mom was plenty satisfied. 3080 is few years old now and still better than stuff 99% of pc gamers use
2VgUddd.jpg

P600S

Im so jealous!
I want it!!!!
no I want a Fractal North.
no I want a Phanteks Evolv X
no I want a Fractal Torrent
no I want a Lian Li O11 D-EVO

Fuck it, next time I build a full PC (ArrowLake or LunarLake) im going to make sure to..................reuse the same case ive been using cuz i can spend that money on something else.
Im poor!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
uEVp39a.jpg

Im in!!!!

This is the first generation since the Sega Master System, im not pining for a home console
No need, PC doing the most with the least the entire stack of Intel and AMD cpus can run everything at 60 easy work.

2500K - $220​
64GB SSD - $120????????​

Today
13500 - $250 (i could go much lower and pick a 12400/5600/5800 but the 13500 is a multitasking beast for gamers who need to stream to their 4 subscribers)
2TB SSD - $110​

P600S

Im so jealous!
I want it!!!!

Fuck it, next time I build a full PC (ArrowLake or LunarLake) im going to make sure to..................reuse the same case ive been using cuz i can spend that money on something else.
Im poor!
p600s is god tier. Large mesh to hide the dust underneath on fine mesh. Great solution.
Wish I would've gotten the glossy white version though!

Black_Stride

p600s is god tier. Large mesh to hide the dust underneath on fine mesh. Great solution.
Wish I would've gotten the glossy white version though!
Yeah when it released I was enamored by it.
I was this close to buying one.
It having a "silent" mode was also a huge draw for me.
The dual layer mesh is also some cool shit.

Man you are tempting me to spend money on a case when I already have a case......must resist!!!!!!!

Assaulty

I've switched to pc 6 months ago and the opposite is true for me. I find myself exclusively playing comp games on PC while I play single player games on my steam deck or Series X. I just love the coziness of playing on the couch next to my girlfriend. The extra frames or graphical prowess aren't worth losing that to me. Besides, Series X games look more than fantastic to me as is.

Olimbox

Neo Member
I've been a console only gamer since ps1, but this gen I moved to pc only, mainly because I only play VR modded games, which I cannot do on other platforms. Still have a series S and switch for my kids.

Your loss.When the new PS5 games drop everyone will play them and have fun.you have to wait 1-2 years to play.If it comes at all to PC. after that time most multiplayer gamers will have moved on to other games so you will be playing not so relevant games.It was a mistake to sell the PS5 all ps studios will release new games you have to wait a long time to play them

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I switched early last gen, and there’s just no way I can go back. It would be way too much of a downgrade in so many ways.

Looking to upgrade my GPU soon, and for the first time since I started PC gaming, I think I’ll be going with a high tier card. I’m pretty hyped.

For me a big part of the fun is not just the latest releases, but going back and playing older games at silky smooth frame rates. I mean, I just recently snagged Call of Duty 2 for under $5, and it’s been fun going back to that. I recently got into the Ys games, and I just started Returnal.

It’s just one Giant smorgasbord of games that I’ll never have enough time to experience. My wishlist is over 300 games.

I gotta wait a year for a PlayStation game? Who cares?? At least they’re coming.

Black_Stride

Your loss.When the new PS5 games drop everyone will play them and have fun.you have to wait 1-2 years to play.If it comes at all to PC. after that time most multiplayer gamers will have moved on to other games so you will be playing not so relevant games.It was a mistake to sell the PS5 all ps studios will release new games you have to wait a long time to play them
What PS5 MP exclusives have I or will I miss out on?
maxresdefault.jpg

Woe is me.....I have been pining to play this, thats why theres so many port begging threads for this game.

Rea

Recent switcher here. About 2 months ago, coming from being a Playstation fans. I said fuck Playstation and now my PS5 is left with collecting dust. Only start to play when Spider-Man 2 comes out, I can't wait my boy spidey.

Buggy Loop

Your loss.When the new PS5 games drop everyone will play them and have fun.you have to wait 1-2 years to play.If it comes at all to PC. after that time most multiplayer gamers will have moved on to other games so you will be playing not so relevant games.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

Unless you’re a streamer, who gives a shit if you play a game years later?

StueyDuck

isn't this just an oxymoron, if you are now a PC only person and games are not on PC then obviously you won't be buying it because it is not available on PC.

What is even the point of this thread?

EDIT: Also whats with all the 12 year olds on here "and then i said fuck X Console because grrrr angry gamer l33t speak". Like it is possible to own these platforms and pick and choose where you want to play what because you are a functioning adult with an adult brain and income to do so.

i like getting platinum trophies on certain titles, I won't touch an FPS unless it's on PC, Xbox use to be where friends would play, crossplay is killing that but still it was a reason, Switch is great for indies and a poop. there's nothing wrong with having an open mind

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah when it released I was enamored by it.
I was this close to buying one.
It having a "silent" mode was also a huge draw for me.
The dual layer mesh is also some cool shit.

Man you are tempting me to spend money on a case when I already have a case......must resist!!!!!!!
I never even used the front silent panel. It makes no sense.
Think about it this way - the cooler your pc is, the quieter it is! In theory, completely open pc should be quieter if fan curves are correct

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
uEVp39a.jpg

Im in!!!!

2500K - $220​
64GB SSD - $120????????​

Today
2TB SSD - $110​

P600S

Im so jealous!
I want it!!!!

Im poor!

Hyte Y60 says hello! God that thing is gorgeous in the flesh!

New wireless mouse tech is nuts, you should give it a chance. I honestly can't go back to regular corded nice, Aerox 3 wireless is a great starting point since it has super low latency and is always on sale for 50-65 bucks
I know, I have like 15 mice, and 5 of them are razer lol. I just remembered about the ouroboros when I saw the dock and the letdown that it was.

that shit is tragic I tell you. I need to finger it and it might still refuse to charge.
It's viper ultimate and I can't wait until the mouse dies and I get rid of that dock lol
My main mouse is a g pro wireless these last years, I thought razer would have improved the dreadful dock by now. I hope the overkill 4000hz one works good, damn

manzo

"Hey, I'm playing exactly the same games I played before, now with just with more expensive hardware"

The only thing you need is the Nintendo console (if you care about their games) and then another system, either from Sony or Microsoft (includes PC).

Best setup combination is a MiSTer for older stuff, the latest Nintendo console and then the CHEAPEST "next gen" system for playing the shootbangs and carhockeys du-jour.

Minsc

Gold Member
Saying no PC no buy then buying games that aren't released on PC (emulation) seems a little sneaky, but I guess so. PC does get the widest variety of content of all platforms, but I do love a good handheld and the Switch OLED is extremely good, even if it isn't state of the art, not every game needs it to be.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What PS5 MP exclusives have I or will I miss out on?
maxresdefault.jpg

Woe is me.....I have been pining to play this, thats why theres so many port begging threads for this game.

No way Sony doesn't release its multiplayer games on PC day one....Not if they want them to survive and actually have any chance of showing a real ROI anyway.

So, I don't think you will miss out on any Sony Multiplayer games.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
So the $500 box needs to blow you away with next gen graphics and next gen gameplay but the $2000 box you are happy to play last gen games at slightly higher rez.
What is next gen gameplay? Dragging crosshairs with a helicopter like stick with aim assists+claw grip, same since GE 007? Or it's the new dildo's vibrations?

Freeman76

Not a chance. PC gaming is OK but I vastly prefer consoles. I really dislike the PC gaming scene in general. Its a dick swinging contest. Every multiplat OT is full of PC players either having issues with performance or posting their specs and bigging up their framerates. You have to sift through a ton of technical bollocks just to find posts that are actually about the game lol

TrebleShot

Stick my headphones on. Sit at desk with secret lab chair with LG C2 as monitor.

Open up Steam...Nah
Open up Battle.net...Nah
Open up Epic Games Store...Nah
Open up Xbox Game Pass...Nah

Go chill on my couch, full on sonos surround. LG G1 77", PS5
Load up Diablo, BF2042 chill...Yeh

Go sit at my dining table or take a dump with remote play or a game on my SD yes fam.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We'll seee how you feel after Spider-Man 2 drops.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Every multiplat OT is full of PC players either having issues with performance
Maybe because they want the best possible performance and not whatever performance devs chooses to deliver, like blurry IQ, deadzones + 200+ ms input in RE4R that the consumer can't do anything about and still pay $70.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Stick my headphones on. Sit at desk with secret lab chair with LG C2 as monitor.

Open up Steam...Nah
Open up Battle.net...Nah
Open up Epic Games Store...Nah
Open up Xbox Game Pass...Nah

Go chill on my couch, full on sonos surround. LG G1 77", PS5
Load up Diablo, BF2042 chill...Yeh

Go sit at my dining table or take a dump with remote play or a game on my SD yes fam.

Those games on a controller..........

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

TrebleShot

Those games on a controller..........

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem
Play flawlessly, got a DS Edge but its not needed would be fine without it.
Im not a competitive e sports player, im playing for enjoyment, BF 2042 is well balanced between controller and M&K plus the DS Edge has extended sticks and hair triggers, good enough for me.

Diable 3&4 play excellently on controller, even when Ive played 4 on PC and BF2042 on PC I use controllers.

M&K for proper proper nerds. :messenger_beaming:

GreatnessRD

It's crazy to think some of us got to this point. I haven't bought a console game since '19. All of my game purchases have been on PC. However, I still play PS4 from time to time when my friends and family hate me. Just waiting on the day Jimmy Ryan does the right thing and make console and PC day one release together. I'm ready to spend that bread, Jimmay!

Top Bottom