• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No release date set yet for Dark Souls 2 PC

Nibel

So, I just received an email from Amazon.de saying that my Black Armour edition of Dark Souls 2 PC will arrive at the end of May - I didn't read anything about the PC date, so is this old and did I miss it or is this new?

:(

Krakn3Dfx

Hopefully this is just Amazon being Amazon?

Thought it was only going to be like a month at most behind the console releases?

Orayn

PC retail versions are coming late, maybe? Amazon in the US still has a placeholder date of March 31 for DD codes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 31 would be a Saturday.

Also many placeholder dates are 31.

Nibel

This is just an estimated date I bet. There is no official release date for the PC version.

Possible, but they also already stated that the PC version will come afterwards and that they try to take a lot more care with it

Good news and bad: the good news is that there's a new Dark Souls 2 trailer and it features lots of killing and dying and resting at bonfires. The bad is that Dark Souls 2 won't release until after the console editions, which have been confirmed for launches on March 11 and 14 in North America and Europe respectively. According to a Eurogamer report, game director Yui Tanimura hopes to release the PC edition in the same launch window.

"For the PC version we're simply saying March - we're trying our best for PC and console," he said. "The reason we can't announce the specific date is we're working on more options on how to make the PC version optimal." Tanimura also assured PC owners that problems with the Dark Souls port won't be repeated, as the current game is being developed with both consoles and PC in mind.

I can totally see them taking some more time

dugdug

Banned
Bummer for PC players. Part of the fun in the Souls games is getting in early and seeing everyone discover shit together.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dearly hope not.

I suppose it wouldn't be entirely unsurprising. Even if PC is their lead platform, it doesn't mean they will be competent enough to finish that version satisfactorily in time.

Tesseract

Banned
deUxX3j.gif

So, I just received an email from Amazon.de saying that my Black Armour edition of Dark Souls 2 PC will arrive at the end of May - I didn't read anything about the PC date, so is this old and did I miss it or is this new?

:(

Wait... Black Armor edition for PC? I thought Amazon was just selling a download code for PC?

That sucks on the release date :(

MadSexual

This is surely disappointing for a lot of people, but I'm somewhat relieved that I'll have more time to finish my PC run of DS1 while I'm also working through other (less fun) games.

Timu

It changed to 14/3 yesterday here...

if it goes back to April or 31/3 i'm going to be pissed
After seeing what comes out in March(South Park, TitanFall, MGS: Ground Zeroes, inFamous Second Son) I wouldn't mind the delay if it means a better port.=O

HoosTrax

I wouldn't assume anything based on a release date for a physical version. The physical version of the Alan Wake PC port got delayed until way after the digital version.

PC retail versions are coming late, maybe? Amazon in the US still has a placeholder date of March 31 for DD codes.
This.

Every time a developer delays a PC version past the console release, I never think "Well, poor guys just need more time."

I usually think "So, they want me to buy the console version, huh."

Adry9

After the crappy port of the first one you though they'd try to redeem themselves. Well, I guess not.

komplanen

Maybe they aren't getting a big enough initial shipment of the collector's edition. Could be just that. PLEASE BE JUST THE CE!

Valnen

After the crappy port of the first one you though they'd try to redeem themselves. Well, I guess not.

Waiting a couple extra months is somehow an irredeemable quality? Lol. Spoiled much? It doesn't matter if it's late, what matters is if it's good.

Every time a developer delays a PC version past the console release, I never think "Well, poor guys just need more time."

I usually think "So, they want me to buy the console version, huh."

What? Why would they purposely delay a version to make you buy another version when they are a third party dev?

Also its not they are trying to increase the console sales to ensure the console communities aren't small , since the PS3 sales and even 360 sales are probably much much higher than PC sales.

Shengar

They just want to make sure that they wouldn't be Durante'd again.
Plot twist: Namco just secretly hired Durante as a supervisor and the guy made a huge change

HoosTrax

hr2r.png

Sucks for the tiny handful of people who bought a physical PC edition that's only available in certain regions not including the US I guess.

Adry9

Waiting a couple extra months is somehow an irredeemable quality? Lol. Spoiled much? It doesn't matter if it's late, what matters is if it's good.

I'm just tired of hearing from developers of Triple A titles that the PC is the main platform but somehow if there is any delay it will always be on the PC version.

AHA-Lambda

Not surprised, actually I'm not bothered either, let others die first so I can walk over their cold corpses :p

But yeah, March is crowded as hell I wouldn't mind some breathing room here, ironically.

epmode

Clueless publishers scared of PC piracy, as usual.

I've gotten used to waiting for the best port but it's going to be especially painful here since the early days are so closely tied to the community.

Top Bottom