• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No show floor booth for Activision at E3.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Activision's on-again, off-again relationship with the E3 show floor is off again. The E3 exhibitor site has floor plans for this year's show at the Los Angeles Convention Center with all the largest booth spaces accounted for, and the Call of Duty company is not among them.

An Activision representative confirmed the company's plans, saying, "While we won't have a traditional space on the show floor, we look forward to participating at E3 across a number of activities."

Instead of a booth, Activision will be talking with partners in private meeting rooms upstairs at the LACC, much as it did in 2016. Activision also skipped E3 entirely in 2008. That was a smaller than usual edition of E3 and the first one back at the LACC after a one-year sojourn in nearby Santa Monica

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How are they a one game company?

That's how.

Everything else is just happens to be published by them, just like Transformers and TMNT games which you can no longer buy. They have absolutely nothing besides COD and they're not investing in internal game development of new IPs and franchise for years on end. So many development studios are now slaves of this shitty company which don't give a shit about anything but COD and don't give them apportunity to shine once again and deliver great games. Raven is dead, High Moon is dead, everyone else is dead too. They no longer developing their own games and IPs and won't be able to anymore.

Destiny was just one exception and even then I'm pretty sure it was all about Bungie which already had some time and work put into concepting this game long before they even partnered with Activision, and now Bungie owns the IP and everything related to it were as Activision has nothing, literally.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
They prob try to save money and show their game at Xbox E3

Making show floor booth like this at big conference like E3...it wont be cheap..

Last edited:

Three

That's how.

Everything else is just happens to be published by them, just like Transformers and TMNT games which you can no longer buy. They have absolutely nothing besides COD and they're not investing in internal game development of new IPs and franchise for years on end. So many development studios are now slaves of this shitty company which don't give a shit about anything but COD and don't give them apportunity to shine once again and deliver great games. Raven is dead, High Moon is dead, everyone else is dead too. They no longer developing their own games and IPs and won't be able to anymore.

Destiny was just one exception and even then I'm pretty sure it was all about Bungie which already had some time and work put into concepting this game long before they even partnered with Activision, and now Bungie owns the IP and everything related to it were as Activision has nothing, literally.
Again all wrong. Beenox is wholely owned by Activision they are making Crash team racing. Toys for Bob, again wholely owned by Activision, they made spyro. You can't just quote one game in my list and say this is why and completely ignore the existence of the others.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Again all wrong. Beenox is wholely owned by Activision they are making Crash team racing. Toys for Bob, again wholely owned by Activision, they made spyro. You can't just quote one game in my list and say this is why and completely ignore the existence of the others.
Are you serious right now or just on purpose downright ignoring what I've said about new IPs, franchises and named development studios? The games you've mentioned here is not new IPs or franchises, it's just remakes of old games from the first PlayStation. And even though I'm glad that some of those studios owned buy Activision are happy as hell to work in something beyond one huge pile of crap, it ultimately changes nothing cuz those are not investments in new IP and franchises and it doesn't make Activision any better.

They don't care and don't have the balls to invest in (maybe) risky new IPs and new franchises.

Last edited:

Three

Are you serious right now or just on purpose downright ignoring what I've said about new IPs, franchises and named development studios? The games you've mentioned here is not new IPs or franchises, it's just remakes of old games from the first PlayStation. And even though I'm glad that some of those studios owned buy Activision are happy as hell to work in something beyond one huge pile of crap, it ultimately changes nothing cuz those are not investments in new IP and franchises and it doesn't make Activision any better.

They don't care and don't have the balls to invest in (maybe) risky new IPs and new franchises.
You said 'Everything else is just happens to be published by them'. Not investing in new ip is not the same as 'they are a one game company' . Especially as that one game is not a new IP.

Mista

Banned
No need for that. The E3 Coliseum is enough for them to show their new CoD

Since they’re with Sony, I don’t think they’ll be showing more of the game on Xbox show
i didn't find a CDPR booth either..
They’ll be on Xbox show most probably

Prepare for a CGI fest of COD games and 'coming soon' next gen titles.

Although with no Acti or Sony, I would say they both have a joint venture coming out.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You said 'Everything else is just happens to be published by them'.
That's what I've said, what I've meant and that's the truth.

Not investing in new ip is not the same as 'they are a one game company'
Again, it means exactly that in the grand scheme of things. COD is the only AAA IP they've got and which selling well and in which they're investing the most, they don't have anything else even close to that and the don't give a fuck. All that you have mentioned is only a grain of sand in the ocean of void that changes absolutely nothing. Imagine if EA had only Battlefield and 1-2 other much and much smaller games each year (A Way Out and Unravel just as an example), well, that's pretty much Activision for ya for years and years after Singularity and Wolfenstein.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
E3, much loved as it is, is basically past the point of it being useful to business. Its mostly a PR opportunity at the start of a long season of similar PR opportunities globally.

The expense has started to outweigh the benefit, so the backslide is going to continue.

KellyNole

E3, much loved as it is, is basically past the point of it being useful to business. Its mostly a PR opportunity at the start of a long season of similar PR opportunities globally.

The expense has started to outweigh the benefit, so the backslide is going to continue.

I agree with this. And with Nintendo directs, along with Sony’s and MS’s similar direct to consumer videos, information on games can come out multiple times a year. E3 was great before when there wasn’t as much access to these video companies.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The only thing I care about from Activision is Sekiro DLC, I have zero interest in rest of their IP.

Geki-D

Banned
That's how.

Everything else is just happens to be published by them
PointedDefiantAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif

That's the very definition of a publisher with more than one game. All those games Three listed you can still buy or are coming out soon.

They ain't in no way a "one game company".

Top Bottom