• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No upgrade discount between PS3-PS4 for The Last of Us: Remastered

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The game already had a drop in price and all DLC is included.

They can't give the game away.

culafia

A further $10 discount for PS3 owners would have been nice, but the original price drop makes the game a reasonably fair deal IMO. I think I'll pick it up.

def sim

That's a bummer. I've played quite a lot of TLOU in the beginning of the year, so I'll be waiting on my replay for the time being.

or maybe i'll impulse buy it lol

EL CUCO

I traded my copy in. Glad I didn't wait around for somebody to answer me, since I've been asking ND and Sony for about a month on this.

sense

too many tlou threads. needs to be one giant thread with all of today's news. anyways i was holding a slight hope that something could pop up for tlou owners who have both the game and season pass digitally on ps3 for a further discount so it kinda sucks. i knew it was very unlikely though and i am still going to buy the game day 1!

grumble

this is a cash grab remake of a one year old game. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't monetize as much as possible.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nice way to treat PS3 owners who bought the season pass

Well, at the very least, the bit of content that wasn't included in Remastered but was included with the season pass is cross-buy. Maybe the pass will even extend to the further content releases they talked about.

The game already had a drop in price and all DLC is included.

They can't give the game away.

It doesn't include the new multiplayer weapons/items.

hawk2025

this is a cash grab remake of a one year old game. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't monetize as much as possible.

Your post makes no sense.

Contrary to other games, which at some point has publishers going "look, look, we don't want to make too much money here!"?

theytookourjobz

I remember reading them say they were exploring upgrade options so I don't think it's fair to paint people disappointed by this as greedy or expecting too much.

x-Lundz-x

I have never understood why anyone ever thought they should get a discount because they purchased the game on a prior system.

That's the same thing as saying you are owed a 10 dollar discount on this years call of duty because you bought call of duty last year. You aren't owed anything, even if you purchased the season pass.

Lemmy

Banned
Why would they offer a discount when there's easy money on the table without one already?

too many tlou threads.

You said it. I really like the game, but even I'm sick of hearing about it lately :/

Yes, I know, "Don't click on tlou threads then." etc

def sim

I have never understood why anyone ever thought they should get a discount because they purchased the game on a prior system.

That's the same thing as saying you are owed a 10 dollar discount on this years call of duty because you bought call of duty last year. You aren't owed anything, even if you purchased the season pass.

It's about giving a good will gesture to loyal customers. I bought the game digitally, along with the season pass, to support a game I liked.

I don't expect or demand them to give me a discount, but it would have been appreciated.

theytookourjobz

Because ND said they were looking into doing it. And your Call of Duty comparison doesn't really work. This is the exact same game.

Expected, but bullshit nonetheless. I can afford to wait for a price drop. Paying $100 for a game is crazy, I don't care how great the upgrade looks. Remember the good old days when every game got an upgrade when you purchased a new GPU?

boinx

PS4 launch games had discounts if you had the PS3 version.

Nander

Not really on-topic, but I really like the word "alas". So much more classy than "sadly" or "unfortunately".

Servbot24

Banned
Sell your PS3 copy for 20 bucks or whatever it goes for. Boom, discount.

If you bought it digital, that's the future you chose. :p

x-Lundz-x

It's about giving a good will gesture to loyal customers. I bought the game digitally, along with the season pass, to support a game I liked.

I don't expect or demand them to give me a discount, but it would have been appreciated.

I don't disagree with that, but with that logic I could say I deserve a discount on Uncharted 4 because I have been a loyal Uncharted fan since day 1.

Because ND said they were looking into doing it. And your Call of Duty comparison doesn't really work. This is the exact same game.

Really? So, when I go pick up my copy on July 29th, there is not going to be a single difference (quality, content included) between it and my copy I picked up on June 14th last year? Damn....

PS4 launch games had discounts if you had the PS3 version.
Touche, but I feel that is a completely different circumstance. That was more of, you can't wait to play this game now so if you purchase the next gen version in a few weeks you get a discount. Not, if you purchase the remastered version we have been working on for the past year that has all DLC included etc...

yGray

Banned
I'm so surprised at all of the entitled people here. I hate that t word- entitled. It's just so accurate.

I mean really..some of you are mad that you have to pay for a remastered game on another system? Could you be any dumber?

and one dude complaining about how he bought a season pass and should get it..really?! From the very beginning they told you that the season pass would have 2 multiplayer DLCs and 1 story DLC...

This selfish crying really bothers me. I think I'll just stick to SteamGAF

Edit: Bottom line. Don't buy it if you feel cheated. You aren't owed the game and you definitely don't NEED to play it again.

No surprises, but it's a shame. Having some sort of discount would have done a lot to make the whole thing seem less like a blatant, scummy cash-grab.

I'm surprised so much of GAF is all right with them selling the same game on two different consoles two years in a row for full price.

def sim

I don't disagree with that, but with that logic I could say I deserve a discount on Uncharted 4 because I have been a loyal Uncharted fan since day 1.

Well, if you bought Uncharted 4 and the season pass digitally on PS3, then I agree you deserve a discount. ;)

Krakn3Dfx

That's a bummer, but not a surprise. I was going to pick it up at launch, but I've got too much other stuff to play, so I'm going to hold off for a sale I think.

Hatty

I'm so surprised at all of the entitled people here. I hate that t word- entitled. It's just so accurate.

I mean really..some of you are mad that you have to pay for a remastered game on another system? Could you be any dumber?

and one dude complaining about how he bought a season pass and should get it..really?! From the very beginning they told you that the season pass would have 2 multiplayer DLCs and 1 story DLC...

I don't see any crying
Just disappointment

No surprises, but it's a shame. Having some sort of discount would have done a lot to make the whole thing seem less like a blatant, scummy cash-grab.

I'm surprised so much of GAF is all right with them selling the same game on two different consoles two years in a row for full price.

Its not full price on PS4. And it includes all DLC.

yGray

Banned
I don't see any crying
Just disappointment

There should be no disappointment and I don't want to single people out. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be disappointed that they weren't given the game for free. It's already discounted.

If that's the case, let's just all make threads about how developers owe us games and discounts on future games for buying their previous titles..seriously. That's the same thought process.

Edit:

It's $50 and includes all the DLC while being fully remastered to take advantage of the PS4 hardware. Could your post be any more superfluous and wrong

Goon Boon

Banned

Holy hell you need to chill out, you're going fucking bonkers over imaginary devastation.

Hatty

There should be no disappointment and I don't want to single people out. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be disappointed that they weren't given the game for free. It's already discounted.

If that's the case, let's just all make threads about how developers owe us games and discounts on future games for buying their previous titles..seriously. That's the same thought process.
No one wants it free and it barely counts as being discounted at $50

V_Ben

Banned
I understand their reasons, but it is still a disappointment. Certainly wasn't expecting a £10 upgrade because of the included DLC, but perhaps getting the game for £30 if you own the PS3 version digitally would have been nice. Ah well.

Seems like they are doing a lot more than just upping the resolution, im fine with this.

They mentioned newer textures and longer draw distance, etc.

Discount =/= free.

I like that they dropped the price and think this is a fair deal, but this thread isn't about people demanding free games.

Top Bottom