• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA: Monster Hunter Generations (3DS) is the #1 selling game in July 2016

ChrisD

Well-deserved. It makes me happy to hear. Let this series spread so more people can hear about and play it. It may not be the same gameplay I first played in Freedom Unite and Tri, but it's just as good and even more accessible now.

woa, didn't know Monter Hunter was a thing in the west. Good for Capcom, they should really be considering taking it to other platforms.

HooYaH

The press release should be that Nintendo announcing a press release about sales for the year. Is this their first?

I'm still a little burnt out on MH4 Ultimate... is this really worth it??
As a person with hundreds of hours in the last few MH games individually and probably somewhere around 2,000 combined..... Yes it is worth it I loved 4U but I think Generations is a better game and makes peeping beforehand way more integral.

Oregano

It has performed well on this system so logically they should now put it on another entirely different system.

Fairly sure I made this exact post about 4 Ultimate but...

Monster Hunter does well on 3DS---->Strike whilst the irons hot and put it on consoles(PS4)
Monster Hunter does bad on 3DS---->Should release on consoles(PS4) instead.

In other words Monster Hunter should be on consoles.

Awesome! Now they should bring over this game.

MH-Stories-PV2.jpg

insta002.gif

jackal27

Banned
Holy hell what? I did not expect this in the slightest! Didn't think that it would sell as well as Monster Hunter 4 to be honest! I've been loving it though. Excellent game and if you haven't bought it yet, you really should.

watershed

Banned

Monster Hunter does well on 3DS---->Strike whilst the irons hot and put it on consoles(PS4)

Well, it will be soon enough with the NX if rumors hold true.

Delio

Pokemon Go actually having that kind of boosting power is exactly what Nintendo wanted. Hopefully this bodes well for Sun and Moon in a few months.

Calm Mind

Your logic circuit has malfunctioned.

Wipeout 64 already happened.

Midway did the port and Psygnosis (the developers at the time) were not owned by SCEI.

ggx2ac

Great to see Monster Hunter Generations do well on its own for its launch.

I have MH Tri, MH3 Ultimate, MH4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter Generations but, I didn't start until MH4U because I was having to avoid long games due to playing WoW for too long.

GWX

I'm super happy for this. Seems like the Nintendo/Capcom western push for this franchise, which started with Tri back in the day, is finally paying off, and in dividends.

Ok so.. what else actually came out in July? I'm completely drawing blanks here.

From what I remember, MH Gen was the only mid-tier + game released for the month.

This is awesome news. I bought mine the day it came out. Even grabbed a New 3DS XL a couple weekends ago and started the game fresh.

It's a dope game. I love it. I'm playing it more than NMS or whatever else I have at the moment.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Moving the series to the 3DS is the right decision. It will never achieve that on other platforms

Jawmuncher

Yeah July was a pretty empty month. But still cool nonetheless.
Wish Nintendo and Capcom would use this money on Physical Ace Attorney releases and bringing the great AA over.

Mr Rivuz

I'm really happy for Monster Hunter being successfull also here in the west, even if not on the same level of Japan of course.
I guess MH5 on NX is a given, right?

Sterok

So neither of the top selling games on Nintendo's platforms were actually published by Nintendo. How often does that happen?

Top Bottom