• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA store selling the European Ambassador-exclusive Kanji New 3DS faceplates.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
UPDATE: All sold out now! Sorry.

new3ds-coverplate-kanji-480x320.png

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...lse&productId=prod760399&categoryId=cat600789

In Europe, this faceplate was only available to Ambassadors, the few people Nintendo contacted via email well before the New 3DS launch. NoA is selling them directly.

Eolz

As an ambassador, I'm really disappointed to see this.
Did Reggie steal them from Shibata's office?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MY EXCLUSIVITY!

You also have the Cover Plate - Power Up, which was exclusive to a Korean bundle (wish I could get that) and the much sought after glow in the dark Boo plates.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Unless they took yours, I dont understand why you would be dissapointed.

Probably because they were originally sold as an exclusive ambassador only never to be sold again deal so therefore having them sold again goes against what they were originally advertised as.

chrono01

I just ordered the set of Boo faceplates. Finally.

I was tempted to grab more than one, you know...for easy $$$, but figured it was better to leave it for people who actually need it. I've never been a fan of purchasing more than one of a limited/sought-after item, just for the purpose of re-selling for more money.

_woLf

Probably because they were originally sold as an exclusive ambassador only never to be sold again deal so therefore having them sold again goes against what they were originally advertised as.

Given these were exclusive to Europe and NA not only had to wait to get the non-XL new 3ds but never had an ambassador program, I really don't see why anyone should be upset.

Europe got the non-XL n3ds at launch, had the ambassador program, and got the faceplate free. America got the non-XL n3ds super late, had no ambassador program, and has to pay $22 + s/h for it.

fernoca

But that was in Europe. In NA there was no way to buy them outside eBay.

If this were also sold in the NA Club Nintendo page back then as an exclusive, then yeah...but is still a limited release in EU and probably in NA too as they rarely replenish stock on faceplates.

And yeah. The Mario Maker faceplates are great buy them people!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
To be honest, faceplates mattered less I thought it would.

Was super excited about the black MH plate at the time, and then I proceeded to forget about it. *shrug*

Good on them to finally bring them over, I guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Funny thing is, the plate that wasn't really advertised as exclusive, the Smash Bros one, technically still is. You could import it from Japan, but that will have the Japanese logo on it, whereas the one that came with the Ambassador set has the English logo.

Tadaima

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I want the Boo, Mario Maker, Kirby, Power Up and Kanji plates, but I feel like they'll all disappear before I get a chance to buy them.

Chopper

Errr... Would anyone care to purchase some of those Boo cover plates and ship them to me in the UK?

Serious question.

Cos that would be fucking amazing.

MrPanic

Hm, that's one way to devalue a collectors item. I know a few people that won't be happy with this news.

That said, hopefully the ambassador 3ds games are the next to be relieved of the ambassador exclusive status.

maxcriden

Errr... Would anyone care to purchase some of those Boo cover plates and ship them to me in the UK?

Serious question.

Cos that would be fucking amazing.

Of course, if you want to pay for shipping and actual cost. Also, keep in mind when I've shipped internationally to GAFers in EU sometimes.packages get lost in the mail. But if you're willing to take the risk I'm happy to help.

Koppai

They are selling the Boo plate!!!

Ordered Boo, Mario Maker, Pokémon MD, and the Power Up one from Korea

RedBoot

I want the Boo, Mario Maker, Kirby, Power Up and Kanji plates, but I feel like they'll all disappear before I get a chance to buy them.

Speaking of which, did they sell out of the KK Slider ones? I was going to get those if they ever released a black n3DS in the US.

Chopper

Of course, if you want to pay for shipping and actual cost. Also, keep in mind when I've shipped internationally to GAFers in EU sometimes.packages get lost in the mail. But if you're willing to take the risk I'm happy to help.
I'll pay whatever it takes. They're currently going for £80+ on Ebay! I have faith in the postage system.

mstevens

Ahhh I keep getting an error on my phone trying to order the boo plates!!!!

If they sell out before I get home....

Man... I want the smaller sized New 3DS mainly just for faceplates (the Mario Maker and Mystery Block are my favorites) but I've held off for a few reasons:
  • The current Nintendo Account system that doesn't let me have my account/games/saves/etc. on more than one device. I am hoping beyond hope that Nintendo's next account system works like Sony's where I have access to all my compatible games across PS3, Vita, and PSP just by signing in.
  • It's still only available in the US in the $220 Animal Crossing Home Designer bundle. The Pokemon Red/Blue bundle comes outs out in February for $200, but with so many rumors about the NX Handheld releasing within the next year, I think I'm better off waiting for that then buying a smaller version of a system I already own and like a lot.
  • I think I'd prefer to have the black model instead of the white one which is the only color in the US so far.
Assuming Nintendo never gets the account system stuff working how I want it to, I might just import a Japanese one so then I could at least play the 3DS Rocket Slime game, and maybe use it for Homebrew purposes (which would let me unlock the region lock and use Retroarch on it).

This stupid site won't let me register on my mobile browser and it won't let me use my Nintendo account. I'm off at 6, I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss out on the boo plates. I'm so mad ughh

leroidys

Funny thing is, the plate that wasn't really advertised as exclusive, the Smash Bros one, technically still is. You could import it from Japan, but that will have the Japanese logo on it, whereas the one that came with the Ambassador set has the English logo.
I got these from the NoA store a couple months ago.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I fully expect someone to buy 100 or more of the Boo plates just to flip on eBay.

Hmm, $50 plus shipping and tax for the Boo, Mario Maker, and Power Up plates...decisions decisions.

Megatron

Huh? No they werent. They were sold as an ambassador exclusive in Europe. This is their first time becoming available in America. Following that logic, every time a game or amiibo or whatever is exclusive in America to an American store, they just shouldnt be sold in Europe, right? Europe /= the world.

I've had Boo since the JP release. But I just picked up the Kanji & Mario Maker plates. Almost picked up the power up plate too.

Thanks, OP.

Justinh

One of the few times I'm actually jealous of white New 3DS owners. Still rocking my black zelda faceplates though!

DMjjiMs.png

Oh! I remember when I first saw those I thought they were so pretty. Glad they're on the NoA store now. Bought! (along with ambassador)

Now I need a regular N3DS...

Top Bottom