• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA store selling the European Ambassador-exclusive Kanji New 3DS faceplates.

bobawesome

Are the people angry about the "exclusivity" of the plates the same ones outraged when Nintendo started putting up the 3DS ambassador games?

How can I get a Boo one in the U.S its only coming up for Canada and with my address its forcing U.S?

Edit i try but it vanishes.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Boo plates are gone. Thinking I'm gonna pass on the Power Up plates because they look so similar to the No. 026 plate I have (The embossed Mario one in white.)

Now to decide if I want to nab the Mario Maker plate now or just pick it up from Amazon sometime in the future.

Nice, got the ambassador plates and power up plates, and finally grabbed a charging cradle as well. Had the Boo plates in my cart too, but they were sold out already. Thinking scalpers hit 'em hard. Super happy about the ambassador plates though, I was pissed that we never got the opportunity to buy the system here in the US.

mpxu

Neo Member
Boo plates are sold out. They're still up on the store but once you try to check out this error message shows up:

Insufficient stock level in inventory system for the added item with SKU 103480.

Nice, got the ambassador plates and power up plates, and finally grabbed a charging cradle as well. Had the Boo plates in my cart too, but they were sold out already. Thinking scalpers hit 'em hard. Super happy about the ambassador plates though, I was pissed that we never got the opportunity to buy the system here in the US.

I just tried to add them to my cart, and it allowed me to add a maximum of two. Where it is saying they're sold out? (I already have one ordered with a confirmation email, so I'm not going to buy any more, but ... it doesn't look like they're sold out, at least for me.)

Boo plates are sold out. They're still up on the store but once you try to check out this error message shows up:

So, just shitty eCommerce design then.

Bog

Junior Ace
I just tried to add them to my cart, and it allowed me to add a maximum of two. Where it is saying they're sold out? (I already have one ordered with a confirmation email, so I'm not going to buy any more, but ... it doesn't look like they're sold out, at least for me.)

So, just shitty eCommerce design then.

No, I think the guy who said they were sold out just gave away that he tried to buy more than 2. Busted.

Giever

Anyone know where I can get just the basic white cover plates? I have the animal crossing bundle coming, but I hear it only comes with the special ones.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Anyone know where I can get just the basic white cover plates? I have the animal crossing bundle coming, but I hear it only comes with the special ones.

If you like Mario, I always recommend just grabbing No 023 in place of solid white plates.

image_plate_023.jpg

Syriel

Given these were exclusive to Europe and NA not only had to wait to get the non-XL new 3ds but never had an ambassador program, I really don't see why anyone should be upset.

Europe got the non-XL n3ds at launch, had the ambassador program, and got the faceplate free. America got the non-XL n3ds super late, had no ambassador program, and has to pay $22 + s/h for it.

But that was in Europe. In NA there was no way to buy them outside eBay.

If this were also sold in the NA Club Nintendo page back then as an exclusive, then yeah...but is still a limited release in EU and probably in NA too as they rarely replenish stock on faceplates.

And yeah. The Mario Maker faceplates are great buy them people!

People would be just as annoyed if Sony reprinted the 20th Anniversary PS4.

Are the people angry about the "exclusivity" of the plates the same ones outraged when Nintendo started putting up the 3DS ambassador games?

Only the gba games were promised as exclusive

I can't decide if I'm annoyed at my exclusive plates now being not quite as exclusive

CPCunha

One of the few times I'm actually jealous of white New 3DS owners. Still rocking my black zelda faceplates though!

DMjjiMs.png

This is everything i want in handheld form and the reason i don't have a n3DS still. i NEED the regular black model. And mother 3 should come to 3ds shop too so i can play it in style.

One of the more interesting things about this update is that (most of) the old plates are just gone. I guess the NA version of each plate is an LE, only sold through the Nintendo store? Yeah. I think I'll just keep importing the few I want, though it is nice to see we're getting just a little consideration toward getting some plates that were also LEs in other regions.

Drago

God fucking damnit, both the Boo plates and Power Up plates are already gone.

Why did I have to be at work... :(

leroidys

Man, glad the boo plates don't appeal to me. Sounds like those things are a pain in the ass to get.

One of the few times I'm actually jealous of white New 3DS owners. Still rocking my black zelda faceplates though!

DMjjiMs.png

I loooove the back plate on this. Not that hot on the front though.

Cherubae

I had both Boo and Power Up in my shopping cart but they were out of stock and I couldn't finish checkout. Lame :p

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Does anyone have a record of the cover plates that were once offered by the US Nintendo Store but aren't available anymore?

//ARCANUM

SHIT. both sold out. Dammit!!

DAMN I can't believe i missed these. SO PISSED.

edit - so this being NoA, we should never expect these to be in stock again right? I'm not being sarcastic, legit asking here.

i just keep hitting continue on my cart hoping they'll pop back in stock.... the dream is dead right?

anyone get an extra boo or kanji cover plate set that they'd be wiling to sell to me? I'll pay extra.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I can't believe I missed the Boo plates.
I guess I'll be looking to eBay since there will be fresh supply.

EDIT: OMG the power up cover plate too!!!!!

Koppai

SHIT. both sold out. Dammit!!

DAMN I can't believe i missed these. SO PISSED.

edit - so this being NoA, we should never expect these to be in stock again right? I'm not being sarcastic, legit asking here.

i just keep hitting continue on my cart hoping they'll pop back in stock.... the dream is dead right?

anyone get an extra boo or kanji cover plate set that they'd be wiling to sell to me? I'll pay extra.

It lets me add the Kanji one to my cart?

fernoca

Hmm...could be wrong but aren't the prices lower now? They were $21.99 when in stock, now $16.99.

Though some like the Mario Maker one are $17 now but still in stock.

Guess they charged a bit of a premium at first then put the ones that didn't sold as fast to the regular price.

EDIT:
Oh! That explains it. Canadian prices! XD
Thanks dallow. :p

I didn't notice they were selling the Boo plates on the U.S. store until this morning and OF COURSE they sold out immediately, sooooo annoyed right now. Why does NCL make such a low print of those? Cheap glow in the dark coating can't be any more expensive to manufacture than the felt or wood grain plates. Props to my fellow members who were lucky enough to score them, FYI I'd be willing to pay $50 or more for anyone willing to part with theirs.

//ARCANUM

I didn't notice they were selling the Boo plates on the U.S. store until this morning and OF COURSE they sold out immediately, sooooo annoyed right now. Why does NCL make such a low print of those? Cheap glow in the dark coating can't be any more expensive to manufacture than the felt or wood grain plates. Props to my fellow members who were lucky enough to score them, FYI I'd be willing to pay $50 or more for anyone willing to part with theirs.

No kidding dude. I missed it by an hour or less. Would have bought Boo and Kanji. I subscribed to this thread with instant email updates in the hopes of catching them coming back in stock (though my hopes are low low low).

Top Bottom