• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA store selling the European Ambassador-exclusive Kanji New 3DS faceplates.

chrono01

This is sickening.

I had the opportunity to purchase more than my fair share, for easy money, but I've never been supportive of that kind of thing. I purchased my Boo faceplate (for myself/personal use) and called it a day. I only wish others did the same, I really hate seeing this kind of practice, especially when there are so many people out there who legitimately want one of these faceplates for themselves. :(

kaioshade

Nintendo: "No one wants these"

*items sell out in minutes*

Nintendo: "see? no one wants them, America gets nothing ever again"

This is their logic.

Cleve

Hm, shame I missed out on these. I've been looking to replace the dumb HHD ones I was forced to buy because I wanted a n3ds.

Rurunaki

This is sickening.

I had the opportunity to purchase more than my fair share, for easy money, but I've never been supportive of that kind of thing. I purchased my Boo faceplate (for myself/personal use) and called it a day. I only wish others did the same, I really hate seeing this kind of practice, especially when there are so many people out there who legitimately want one of these faceplates for themselves. :(

Nintendo's fault for not giving a shit. Bought 1 for personal use tempted to buy like 2 but wanted to give others chance to get it.

//ARCANUM

Nintendo: "No one wants these"

*items sell out in minutes*

Nintendo: "see? no one wants them, America gets nothing ever again"

This is their logic.

Here's hoping these end up like Amiibo and are hard to get for the moment and then they flood the market with them. Who knows though. :/

edit - so this being NoA, we should never expect these to be in stock again right? I'm not being sarcastic, legit asking here.

i just keep hitting continue on my cart hoping they'll pop back in stock.... the dream is dead right?

Probably not. From what I was told, they found out that they had some extras, and decided to sell them. For some odd reason, there was a greater demand than they foresaw.

Probably not. From what I was told, they found out that they had some extras, and decided to sell them. For some odd reason, there was a greater demand than they foresaw.

Well, FWIW on the page for the Boo plates there is a message in red now that says "Currently out of stock. Please check back again soon!" So am hoping that's true and will keep refreshing the page every day until I see the order button available again.

//ARCANUM

You got a NoA connection? Or did you hear this elsewhere online?

Well, FWIW on the page for the Boo plates there is a message in red now that says "Currently out of stock. Please check back again soon!" So am hoping that's true and will keep refreshing the page every day until I see the order button available again.

Yeah I'm hoping if they're truly out, that they'd remove the pages.

fernoca

So basically NoA again demonstrating how worthless they are. Sounds about right.
NoA may make some questionable decisions, but this is not one of them.

The smaller n3DS has only been released in NA as part of an Animal Crossing bundle that didn't sold well and took a few months and price reductions to sell the initial shipment.

So maybe they assumed there wouldn't be much interest in this based on hardware sales?

As noted this was additional inventory that they put for sale, not them producing this faceplates to meet demand. Both the Boo and kanji faceates are not on sale anywhere. So is not only people in NA buying this and neither is only NoA not meeting demand for them.

//ARCANUM

The smaller n3DS has only been released in NA as part of an Animal Crossing bundle that didn't sold well and took a few months and price reductions to sell the initial shipment.

So maybe they assumed there wouldn't be much interest in this based on hardware sales?

As noted this was additional inventory that they put for sale, not them producing this faceplates to meet demand. Both the Boo and kanji faceates are not on sale anywhere. So is not only people in NA buying this and neither is only NoA not meeting demand for them.

I'm just *hoping* it ends up like the amiibo situation and they realize "oh, Americans want this" and then make tons. But I'm doubting it since these aren't being sold in stores.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

Second bundle is coming this month with Pokemon Red and Blue so that's a big reason for bringing these over, and those pre-orders sold out I believe.

NOA created that situation though themselves. Europe is a weaker market for them but NOE happily stocked the smaller N3DS from day one and even had that great Ambassador's N3DS program. The N3DS was always going to sell less than the N3DSXL but NOA not touching it at first and then forcing a more expensive, late Animal Crossing spinoff bundle for the N3DS is not a great look. Of course there wasn't the demand NOA likes to see and the bundle didn't sell out in seconds.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Oh damn. Then I guess the dream is indeed dead. Care to help a brother find some boo and kanji with your connection :p

Thx for the info btw :)
My connections only extend to info that they share because they're exasperated or, in Twilight Princess HD's case, too drunk.
If it's not too much to ask, feel free to tell your friends at NOA that they can tell whoever manages the online store that we're desperate to buy more of these. :p

From my experience they already know, but either don't care or they DO care but can do nothing about it. For stuff like this, I would put money on the latter.

My connections only extend to info that they share because they're exasperated or, in Twilight Princess HD's case, too drunk.

Ha, so you found out about TP HD early that way, eh?

From my experience they already know, but either don't care or they DO care but can do nothing about it. For stuff like this, I would put money on the latter.

In any case, thanks for sharing.

//ARCANUM

Lol thank you anyways, worth a shot :p

Ha, so you found out about TP HD early that way, eh?

In any case, thanks for sharing.

Actually one of my contacts just straight-up told me and our friends that it was coming months beforehand. A couple months after that, we had gone out to dinner with friends and more details were shared. I was too busy with my food to pay attention to them because I don't actually care for TP in any way, but I posted in a couple of the threads here with what I knew (or remembered) from that night.

On that note, I regret ordering a burger from Outback Steakhouse, but I was trying to save money.

//ARCANUM

Actually one of my contacts just straight-up told me and our friends that it was coming months beforehand. A couple months after that, we had gone out to dinner with friends and more details were shared. I was too busy with my food to pay attention to them because I don't actually care for TP in any way, but I posted in a couple of the threads here with what I knew (or remembered) from that night.

On that note, I regret eating at Outback Steakhouse, but I was trying to save money.

FTFY :p

On that note, I regret ordering a burger from Outback Steakhouse, but I was trying to save money.

You should take them out for karaoke and margaritas and see if they'll spill info on NX. j/k

Jayne

I would have loved to get one of the Kanji cover plates. Oh well, wish these things weren't in such limited quantity. There is a listing on ebay for the pair of Kanji and Boo cover plates for $500... how ridiculous.

My order was delivered today. I feel very fortunate for being able to snag these. Thanks again, OP.

B176CEBE-3018-49FF-9D13-FC37ACC80B97_zps173gzrhi.jpg

And my full collection, minus the wood grain & AC HHD sets:
0625982D-BD8E-44FF-AE69-BA9E7EA99CB2_zpsqlqrldco.jpg

There are now three new auctions for Boo plates on eBay from American sellers all around $120-140 each. Sorry for the bump but I think it's important to point out the fact NOA and NCL really need to do a proper restock of these types of plates so people will stop greedily flipping them. I'm going to tweet NOA and call their cust service about this, never hurts to give feedback.

Edit: There is a fourth auction from a U.S. seller for $250 but that is for the import plates, still shows why this needs to be addressed though, none of these plates should be super rare.

This is why the coverplates for N3DS was never a feature for me. All the attractive plates aren't readily available and you're left with the undesirables, just like the Amiibo situation.

//ARCANUM

This is why the coverplates for N3DS was never a feature for me. All the attractive plates aren't readily available and you're left with the undesirables, just like the Amiibo situation.

well, i'd argue that really the only 2 "rare" plates are the Kanji and Boo ones. Those are the only ones you can't get at less than a premium because of scalpers. With Amiibo (for a while), you couldn't get like 70% of them without paying premium lol

kaioshade

Honestly, i wanted to get a friend of mine the Boo one, and the Ambassador one for myself. Cant get either. I actually am using 005 on my Black n3DS right now and i really like it, so I'm not losing sleep over this or anything.

It is still infuriating that Nintendo constantly does this with so many of their products.

What's the second one from the left?

Monster Hunter 4

//ARCANUM

It is still infuriating that Nintendo constantly does this with so many of their products.

agreed. I have the 2 animal crossing ones that came in the n3DS bundle, and I'm currently using the Majora's Mask plates and I have the Kirby plates delivering tomorrow. I'm gonna hold tight with those (unless Kanji + Boo come back up for sale
yeah right
) until I head to Japan in April and I'll see what I can get on store shelves there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well Kanji was originally a bundle exclusive so it even being sold separately was a surprise. The Boo plate however really should have more stock. It was clear from just the Japanese release it was highly demanded. NoE still hasn't given it to us.

On the other hand, some previously demanded plates like the Triforce one are easy enough to get now so sometimes the stock does come back.

kaioshade

bad news guys. nintendo store has removed the links for the Boo and Kanji plates. Dream officially dead. gg. :(

Welp, again NOA proves its incompetence.

Scalpers win again.

I swear i could make a decent living just scalping Nintendo's items if i didnt have a conscience.

//ARCANUM

Welp, again NOA proves its incompetence.

Scalpers win again.

I swear i could make a decent living just scalping Nintendo's items if i didnt have a conscience.

what's *really* strange to me, is that these were apparently extras that they had and decided to unload on the US market. but to my knowledge the Kanji plates were never sold in retail packaging. Only in the ambassador edition.... So they went and produced retail packaging for extra Kanji plates but only produced a handful? So strange and stupid. Classic NoA. :/

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
This is one of those things I'll be kicking myself over for a long time.

I wanted the Boo plates, but I was having a hard time deciding what to pair them with...the Kanji, the Mario Maker ones, or all three.

I waited a bit to decide and next thing you know there were gone. In less than an hour.

And this isn't some amiibo situation where we can expect a reprint in the future.

Top Bottom