• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA store selling the European Ambassador-exclusive Kanji New 3DS faceplates.

fernoca

So they went and produced retail packaging for extra Kanji plates but only produced a handful? So strange and stupid. Classic NoA. :/
Could be wrong, but if you look at the packaging it seems they all are in a generic packaging (like all faceplates). So there wasn't any additional production or manufacturing of packaging. But rather for all the faceplates that were put on sale that same moment.

Plus the faceplates are made in China

Chorazin

I'll be receiving eight face plates this week, plus I have one more floating around the mail system since it's coming from the UK.

It's a sickness. On the upside, I pretty much have all the ones I want.
OH GOD NO I DON'T I NEED MORE PLASTIC CRACK

Well, I guess it's time to offload the Ambassador Edition I own since they re-released BOTH of the faceplates it came with. The only thing that's actually collectible about it is the boring cardboard box.

Chorazin

Well, I guess it's time to offload the Ambassador Edition I own since they re-released BOTH of the faceplates it came with. The only thing that's actually collectible about it is the boring cardboard box.

I don't think they released that Smash cover with the English text. Plus maybe like 100 people got those Kanji plates here in the US, they sold out ASAP.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I don't think they released that Smash cover with the English text. Plus maybe like 100 people got those Kanji plates here in the US, they sold out ASAP.

The English Smash Bros. cover plate was up on the Nintendo Store when the ACHHD bundle launched in the US.

Well, in a moment of weakness and desperation I just did a Buy it Now on an auction for the Boo plates for $99. I figured it'd be the cheapest I'd get them since other auctions for the Boo plates now average around $125-139. There is currently only one auction for the Kanji plates and it's a Buy it Now for $150, good thing I've never been too hot on the Kanji cover plates. On a lighter note, I think for fun I might get the felt material plates next.

Chorazin

Well, in a moment of weakness and desperation I just did a Buy it Now on an auction for the Boo plates for $99. I figured it'd be the cheapest I'd get them since other auctions for the Boo plates now average around $125-139. There is currently only one auction for the Kanji plates and it's a Buy it Now for $150, good thing I've never been too hot on the Kanji cover plates. On a lighter note, I think for fun I might get the felt material plates next.

Ouch. :/ At least you have a set now!

The Felt ones are fantastic, makes your 3DS feel so cozy when you hold them. Great for winter days under a blanket!

The Felt ones are fantastic, makes your 3DS feel so cozy when you hold them. Great for winter days under a blanket!

Oh well, part of my tax refund will absorb it and ya gotta live a little. It's definitely not even close to the most I've spent on a gaming item, I'll say that much. Glad to hear the felt plates are ace!

Maybe Nintendo is just biding their time until the release if the My Nintendo rewards program where they'll start offering these faceplate as prizes!

Has Nintendo said there will also be physical rewards? I thought I read My Nintendo rewards would be all digital.

//ARCANUM

I'm interested in the felt ones, but I suffer from sweaty palms while gaming. I worry that I would stain the felt over time. Any insight into the quality of them / stain-ability?

Chorazin

I'm interested in the felt ones, but I suffer from sweaty palms while gaming. I worry that I would stain the felt over time. Any insight into the quality of them / stain-ability?

The felt isn't super deep, so stains shouldn't happen, But you can always take the plate and wash it if you notice anything.

I rotate my plates weekly so I'm not sure about the longevity of it as an only plate.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've seen others complain about staining/marking on their felt plates so I don't use mine that often.
But who knows how they treat them.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hori sells a clear TPU cover for the standard N3DS similar to the DuriFlexi case they have for the N3DSXL here. I got one for my partner so she didn't worry about her plates getting damaged.

Giever

I successfully got the Boo and Kanji plates. Pretty happy with them! But the Boo one creaks really annoyingly on the bottom plate in the bottom right (right on the shy Boo, actually). I was able to sort of fix it by taping some folded up paper on the underside. Kind of silly, but it's right over the battery so I worry slightly about that fix. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Anyone else have that issue with a cover plate not fitting quite right and creaking under pressure whenever you hold it a certain way, or pulling off and on slightly? It's pretty distracting while playing.

batrush

I successfully got the Boo and Kanji plates. Pretty happy with them! But the Boo one creaks really annoyingly on the bottom plate in the bottom right (right on the shy Boo, actually). I was able to sort of fix it by taping some folded up paper on the underside. Kind of silly, but it's right over the battery so I worry slightly about that fix. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Anyone else have that issue with a cover plate not fitting quite right and creaking under pressure whenever you hold it a certain way, or pulling off and on slightly? It's pretty distracting while playing.
Every single cover plate I've purchased so far creaks and shifts. Only the default plates are a perfect fit. My solution is similar to yours, folded paper over the battery.

ZOONAMI

I just want them to sell the default plates, why is that so hard for them to understand? Hey let's only sell n3ds with Pokemon and AC plates, and then make it impossible to get the default plates. Great idea Noa...

Top Bottom