• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA's Wii release list: no sign of Xenoblade or The Last Story

Chemo

I can't believe people were still holding out hope for these titles in the first place. NOA doesn't localize things that they don't think will make them a ton of money anymore. This has been clear for years.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
No interest in generating good will with core gamers, yet they expect people to move to Wii U for ports?
It seems like a casual only console. Nintendo aren't doing enough to fight the negative perception.

Phenomic

Well at least I can import Xenoblade.

Not sure how to go about doing that, but I'm sure I will figure something out. There's gotta be a good online website to do that from for European stuff. Still is patheic and disapointing though.

Barely showed Skyward Sword and no mention of Kirby at the actual event. I don't know why they would not talk about that for at least 5 minutes.

dani_dc

Leaving the console to die with the next home console one year away sounds like an awful decision.
RurouniZel said:
Fuck you Nintendo America.

I KNEW I should have bought a used Wii when I was in Japan. :( And my Wii isn't on 4.2 anymore... fuck!
You can homebrew your Wii with any of the current firmwares I believe.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's not like those RPGs would sell anyway.....

Time to join the practises of your European brethren and learn to import.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just import Xenoblade Chronicles from Europe.

And I'm sure a Last Story fan translation patch will be available in 2015.

Another year for the new console, yet they focused on one single Wii game for the entire conference.

They even have easy game announcements, being prepped for release in Europe, and they're just sitting on them.

Why do I have to import just to get decent games for my Wii?

speedpop said:
It's not like those RPGs would sell anyway.....

Time to join the practises of your European brethren and learn to import.
Maybe when I start getting free health care I'll join in on their zany importing antics.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is the reason I won't buy Nintendo's next console anywhere near launch.

I thought the controller and the system's capabilities looked fine, but if Nintendo's first party output is going to be this terrible I don't see a reason to bother since almost everything else is going to be multiplatform anyway. I'm sure there will be several great games that get released over the course of the console's life, but I'm getting to the point I don't feel like I can trust NoA to release the games I want.

Look forward to importing Xenoblade and Last Story.

madara

I'm out then, its been a great ride since the Nes days but when you can't even throw two bones already coming in English in another territory to us with such little work, on a system as dry as desert I seen no point in buying another piece of hardware. My types of games are a dying breed now. I dont want to waggle or flap my arms, spit into microphone or scratch up little screen and I'm not much interested in brown gray CG shiny FPS games either so guess it time I become a very casual gamer checking back every 5 years and getting select few games on the very cheap when a system is very old. Really feel bad for DQX.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
UberTag said:
I didn't want to hack a Wii. And now I have to in order to play Xenoblade.
What a terrible disappointment!

This. I just don't know if I CAN anymore. :(

Chris Remo needs his Tag removed! No Pikmin 3 :-(

PS. No hate to you Chris but I don't know if Miyamoto has an account here :-D

Wii is fucking dead alreadydead.jpg whatever, not surprised if they pull a Skyward Sword Wii-U, still will buy the Wii one and get on with life.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RPGCrazied said:
Yea.

So people without a hacked Wii is fucked? ;/

Well, I'm glad I hacked mine, but wow, thats pretty low.
People without a hacked Wii are doing it wrong.

ivysaur12 said:
Holy shit, I don't think I could be more pissed off right now.

And of course, game "journalists" won't press Nintendo on this at all.

Of course they won't, any JRPG is seen as completely "unevolved" to American audiences in the gaming press, regardless of whether or not it's true.

It's really a shame that JRPGs have gotten so much backlash over the years. Comments from WRPG developers disparging them and Square Enix's [who are seen as "the" JRPG developer despite there being many more] money troubles haven't helped things. And it seems like the west has an aversion to handhelds, where many JRPGs are headed now.

Honestly, I really do think that the problem isn't so much JRPG themselves, but the people who have grown out of them thinking that the entire genre is completely unneeded altogether, and those particular people happen to be in control of the gaming environment now.

We already know that JRPGs can appeal to different people besides the 18-35 white male demographic, but that what makes the most money. Trying to appeal to them will only honestly end up in failure. Rather than trying to "grow up" and try to replace the nostalgic memories of older gamers, they should find an entirely new audience altogether, like what Nintendo did with the Wii.

Lard

Banned
Well, I will be hacking mine as soon as possible.

The Wii will also be the last Nintendo console I buy.

Leeness

Fuck you, NOA. I knew this would happen, but still doesn't stop me from being angry. Will definitely not be getting a ~WiiU~ until these assholes show that they're going to actually give NA games.

Thank YOU, NOE, and I will be importing. :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Time to hack my Wii. This news is fucking awful, I can't tell you how mad I am. Those were the only 2 games I was really looking forward to...

Man, if we really get no confirmation about its status in the US, I will be pissed. At least tell us we're not getting it. Don't let us hope.

I will import, as much as I hate it. The costs would hurt, but for Xenoblade I will do it. Count on it.

Def Jukie

Has The Last Story been announced for Europe? I will be importing Xenoblade for sure. NOA can get fucked for not bringing these over. I hate that NOA is mainly interested in Mario and Zelda games these days. It's going to be over a year before the new system is out. Why not release some Wii games in the meantime?

Does anyone know a good site to order European games from that ships to the US? I'm looking for a couple other english imports as well.

Instro

Well press site gets updated as the week goes on, maybe they will announce one or both at one of the roundtable things.

Kaizer

Banned
That's fucking bullshit! Well, I'm definitely modding my Wii and importing both titles then. No way in hell I'm going to miss these titles if they're in english. Again, FUCK NoA for not getting either one of these, it's fucking ridiculous.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Def Jukie said:
Has The Last Story been announced for Europe? I will be importing Xenoblade for sure. NOA can get fucked for not bringing these over. I hate that NOA is mainly interested in Mario and Zelda games these days. It's going to be over a year before the new system is out. Why not release some Wii games in the meantime?

Does anyone know a good site to order European games from that ships to the US? I'm looking for a couple other english imports as well.
Was rumored, and I THINK Sakaguchi confirmed it at some point.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
People are being really immature here. Nintendo hasn't announced everything yet. It is *quite* true that they have and do announce releases over the course of E3, and at their roundtable sessions.

This is not a statement of false hope; NoA *could* abandon the Wii.

But the press conference clearly was for another purpose, whether we like it or not. FFS, they didn't even use it to reveal the new skyward sword trailer. if they saved THAT game for the show floor, and roundtable discussions, do you guys actually they think they'd made an epic reveal of Xenoblade during the conference?

Top Bottom