• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Noclip] The Story of CD Projekt - Witcher Documentary (Episode 3)

Exentryk

Ever wondered how CD Projekt created the world of The Witcher 3? We talk to people from environmental design, level design and open world design about how they collaborated to make the world of Wild Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSS5T4od-GQ

Future Schedule:
The Quests of Wild Hunt - Monday, October 9nd
- Detailing the design of W3's most memorable quests and the many quests that changed during development.

Found in Translation - Wednesday, October 11th
- Localisation & adaptation departments detail the incredible work that goes into making The Witcher multi-lingual.

The Devil's in the Details - Friday, October 13th
- How elements like music, cinematic design, combat and more, combine to create a believable universe.

Can't wait (!!!) to jump into this 6-part miniseries. Love Danny O'Dwyer, and The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made.

DemWalls

I planned on watching the whole series in its entirety once it's done, but I watched this episode right away. Say what you will about any other aspect of The Witcher 3, but its world is among the best ever made.

On an unrelated note, Miles Tost looks almost exactly like an acquaintance of mine. It's uncanny, really.

Ultimadrago

The Zero-Zero bug was a funny story. I wish I could see it. Reminds me of people duplicating a bunch of cheese in Skyrim.

I need to get to that reference tree.

I love NoClip but I'm hesitant to watch any of these as I haven't played any of the Witcher 3 DLC yet. Actually going to start back up this weekend.

Is this safe to watch for players like me who want to avoid spoilers?

No big deal if so, I can always come back to these episodes later.

Tovarisc

I love NoClip but I'm hesitant to watch any of these as I haven't played any of the Witcher 3 DLC yet. Actually going to start back up this weekend.

This episode doesn't talk about DLC's at all. They go into their process of designing world of original TW3 (Skellige, Velen and Novigrad). How they mapped it out, how they thought out design of villages and that kinda stuff.

Coreda

All those smuggler's caches, heh. Hope there's an episode that goes into depth on the music creation side of things. Edit: skimmed over the OP and appears to be within the last episode. Really deserves some focus imo.

MrS

Banned
This series has been incredible so far. The production values are incredibly high - it's impressive. It makes Easy Allies's Dark Souls retrospective look so amateurish. Great work Danny and team.

First 3 episodes don't go into DLC at all.

Episode 1 talks about how the company started out, and what gaming was like in Poland back before CD-Roms were even a thing.

Episode 2 goes into how The Witcher 1 came about and briefly talks about The Witcher 2 (I really wanted more Witcher 2 talk).

Episode 3 talks about how they designed the world and quests in The Witcher 3 (but no DLC).

Top Bottom