• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noir Horror Game 'White Night' Coming to PS4 on March 3rd

Yoday

Oh man, this has been one of my most anticipated games. I hope they keep the horror smart, though. The ghost they showed in the trailer was a bit on the nose.
That's what I am worried about with the art style. Without a grayscale I feel like the game could lack the subtlety needed for effective horror. I could be completely wrong, but that is the very first thought that came to my mind when watching the trailer.

Car accident/confusion from Silent Hill?

Mysterious house from Resident Evil?

Spiritual entities from Fatal Frame?

Looks like they are checking all the proper survival horror boxes. ;)

Love the style, though. I will definitely check this out.

Wow. I really like that artstyle. Noir + horror? Wow...will I have enough balls to jump in? I ph33r horror games after P.T.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's not new, it was announced almost two years ago and a trailer for this was shown last E3.

That said, good to have a release date and new trailer, though. It's had my interest since I became aware of it.

Psykoboy2

How is that odd? It's coming to Xbox One.

Odd in that the trailer for this and the demo booth at E3 were all under Microsoft's umbrella. Yet the first time I hear about a release comes from Playstation. I'd originally was under the impression this was an Xbox exclusive for their indie games, but it's obviously not.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Looks amazing. I'm totally getting this. Noir and horror? God damn, this is imaginative.

Wow, screenshots don't do this game justice, looks amazing in motion. Not enough fixed camera horror games out there.

So are we looking at ghosts? Demons? Monsters? Anyone know?

Super stylish Noire Survival Horror? Fuck yes!

Really hope the date means it's on PS+ too, otherwise I'll have to be sensible and wait for a sale. Looks ace though!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=8npLda6XP-s&x-yt-cl=85114404

16397702185_96fda2b7f9_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...e-night-coming-to-ps4-on-march-3rd/#sf7226543
This game looks amazing, perfect setting. Black/White idea is perfect. Unfortunately I don't have a PS4 yet.

dying light,
black light,
white light,

what else?
White Night is next.

Metro: Last Light is another

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That's what I am worried about with the art style. Without a grayscale I feel like the game could lack the subtlety needed for effective horror. I could be completely wrong, but that is the very first thought that came to my mind when watching the trailer.
Same here

TM94

I'm guessing this will one of the March PS Plus titles.

Cool art style, will check it out despite the genre holding little appeal to me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this screams PS+ to me. I'll gladly give it a go if it is.

I almost hope it isn't to support the devs, but maybe it's better if there are so many people who think like you. (Not that it's a bad thing, you're still paying for it in a certain way!)

Odd I always thought this was an indie game, but it seems Activision picked up publishing on it. The Press release I got was from Acti, and they are listed on the Xbox store page

Yeah, this screams PS+ to me. I'll gladly give it a go if it is.

I doubt it.

Odd I always thought this was an indie game, but it seems Activision picked up publishing on it. The Press release I got was from Acti, and they are listed on the Xbox store page

Yeah, there didn't appear to be any mention of Acti's involvement at E3. I guess they saw something that really impressed them and snapped it up?

Lingitiz

Should probably clear up the thread title, it's out March 3 on PC too, and March 6 on XB1. Thought it was PS4 exclusive after reading the OP.

Corpekata

Banned
Isn't this a multiplatform game?? Or did they just announce that it was coming to playstation also??

Sort of a common thing with indie games hitting Sony platforms. It seems like some sort of publicity deal where the initial push starts with Sony channels and the other versions get downplayed a bit. A lot of threads like this really, which is kinda frustrating since a google search would've shown the platforms pretty quickly.

Top Bottom