• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North: Amy Hennig/Visceral's Star Wars game is "in the style of Uncharted"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I thought this deserved its own thread rather than being interleaved with Uncharted 4 discussion.

This probably isn't very shocking given the Creative Director and how Dead Space 2 and 3 played.

https://youtu.be/YHWChn7AvoQ?t=18m

If you're a big fan of Amy Hennig with her styles of stories, the big thing bout her is that she's gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted and I happen to know a lot about it and it's gonna be awesome

Rumors are this is a Han Solo origin story game right?

Either way I'm pretty excited. Also supposed to be open world I think?

dugdug

Banned
It'll certainly be interesting to see if she can still pull it off without the rest of ND. She's got the chops, obviously, but, more than one person made Uncharted.

Lime

Good for people who still haven't had enough of this over-exhausted genre in AAA games. But I could see how it would work with the Star Wars IP.

I just hope they at least innovate and do some fresh new things instead of the same scripted nonsense with big explosions, one-dimensional setpieces, and eye-rolling narrative.

scitek

It's funny how the whole Uncharted in Space meme surrounding Dead Space 2 and 3 is coming true. Especially after it was admitted DS2 was inspired by Uncharted 2.

Yeah, it'll be Han Solo doing Drake things.

a78mulhxmly6kk8vh6rf.jpg

viveks86

Uncharted style single player star wars game using frostbite engine. That's like everything I ever wanted in one sentence

Not surprising at all, even just from looking at the kind of games Visceral have made. Them doing a Fauxncharted with Star Wars makes a lot of sense and that's before they brought Amy Hennig on board.

Hope it's it's "own thing", mind - I'm really not interested in playing as Han Solo.

Top Bottom