• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North says Naughty Dog is making a sequel to 8+ mil selling game The Last of Us

I always knew this would happen, but in a intense sequel-driven industry, I was secretly hoping that The Last of Us would remain a singular experience.

That said, I'm sure whatever Naughty Dog does next with the franchise will be great. I'd prefer it if they told the story of a different set of characters for a potential sequel, though, as I found that Joel & Ellie's story was wrapped up just about perfectly.

If they are going to use either Joel or Ellie, I really hope it's a prequel, the story in TLoU feels complete, they did something great with the first game and while I don't think a sequel involving the original protagonists will "tarnish" what they achieved, it definitely won't hold my interest.

Whatevs. I've always hped there won't be a sequel of any kind. TLoU should be a standalone experience and the end was just perfect. I'll just sit back and see what the future holds.
It's a NaughtyDog game. I know it's gonna be quality.

However I just hope it won't be named "The Last of Us 2" or "The Last of Us 2: *insertfancysubtitle*", but instead either feature a new original name
(unlikely though)
or be named "The Last of Us: *insertfancysubtitle*"

anyone else not care at all if there's Joel and Ellie or other characters? all the same to me, i didn't really play the original for the characters or story, so i'm cool either way.

i just want more of the same type of gameplay and exciting scenarios, same incredibly tense atmosphere etc. story and characters are secondary. i could do without Ellie though, she was kind of annoying, ruining scary moments with dumb "witty" remarks. but i'll deal with her if i have to, it's cool.

AngryMoth

Disappointed if this bares true. TLoU was an incredible game but it was also a very complete and closed experience. I feel like they managed to adequately explore the characters and setting already, so I would be vastly more interested in a new IP. Hopefully it'll be ND+BS helming again and there's another team working an original game to come out between this and uncharted 4.

I hope it stars Nate and Sully and Sully's been infected for years and Nate keeps him chained up in his basement and he goes down there and makes wisecracks like old times and just cries and cries.

I don't want to turn this into console wars but I can't help but notice that people are annoyed at Sony for making sequels for their successful IPs like Uncharted or GoW and now TLoU while asking MS for more Halos and Gears, why is that honestly?

People get "concerned", same thing that happened with Shenmue 3.

On topic, put me on the "no more Ellie and Joel" group. I trust ND to do a good job with this IP, but quit (those characters) while you're on top. Don't be another unnecessary sequel like Portal 2.

Top Bottom