Nomura harnessing his burning anger into Kingdom Hearts III

http://sqex.info/message-on-kh3-from-tetsuya-nomura-kh-memorial-ultimania/

A written message from Tetsuya Nomura in the newly-released Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania suggests he isn't in a very good place these days...

Message from Tetsuya Nomura

If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.

In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

O__O

....... Nomura? are you OK, buddy?
post if you are ok.

Lot's of great art comes when the person that's making it is in a dark place, it's the best way to get something good out of a dark time in your life, make it work for you.

Damn, stay strong Nomura :(

I doubt it was his (totally) his fault for being inched out of finishing FFXV. It really was just mismanagement from the top that forced him to focus on KH3 instead.

I really feel for the guy. Despite the flak he gets for zippers and all, he did make some kickass games. (Birth by Sleep was awesome, TWEWY also had awesome designs)

Well, I mean, he hasn't shipped something above the size of a portable game in about 8-10 years despite having some in active development so he's probably a bit upset with himself at minimum.

All that Japanese potential console development energy that has been dormant these past 6 or 7 years is gonna go kinetic as fuck into this one masterpiece. I'm talking spirit bomb levels.

"Burning anger" not "bitter anger" (edit: thread title changed) and it seems to have been a long term thing and not related to losing directing FFXV.

It might mean passion rather than bitterness.