• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Promises Highly Requested Game Announcement In 2010, Expects "Huge Reaction"

Gravijah

Host Samurai said:
Would LOVE!!!!

Final Fantasy 6 remake - Wii
The World End With You - Wii
Final Fantasy 7 remake - PS3
Chrono Trigger 2 HD - XBLA/PSN
XenoGears 2 or remake - PS3
Brave Fencer Musashi 2 - XBLA/PS3/WiiWare

Generation complete

Most of the people who played FF7 in America probably went on to buy a 360, so why not make FF7 PS3/360?

Kagari said:
Seems like it might be for Agito XIII.
Yeah, would certainly fit the art we've seen so far (and the emphasis on the player using cards). I assumed it'd be a Monster Hunter-alike with Before Crisis-esque weapon-based classes, but if that patent fits, I could be pleasantly wrong.

Regarding FFV remake, all it needs is ability equipping similar to FFT and a general refinement of what each class is capable of. As awesome as the Suppin class is, you could even do away with it (heresy, I know).

Gravijah said:
I'm not specifically talking about FF fans, I'm talking about people who bought FF7. There is a difference!
Well 'most' people who bought FF7 probably went on to buy FF8/9/10 etc and so are FF fans
I don't think there's a majority of people who just stopped following after 7

Oh. yeah, FFVI remake. Imagine seeing this in glorious HD. Uh-huh.

Edit: Man, I messed up. Sorry about that.

Kefka-dissidia.jpg

Gravijah

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
BlazingDarkness said:
Well 'most' people who bought FF7 probably went on to buy FF8/9/10 etc and so are FF fans

You have no idea how many people bought FFVII and have never been into RPGs nor ever have been again. FFVII's success had everything to do with the PS1's success and the emergence of pre-rendered cinematics, first and foremost, not with it being a great RPG.

Diablos

Pureauthor said:
Oh. yeah, FFVI remake. Imagine seeing this in glorious HD. Uh-huh.

Edit: Man, I messed up. Sorry about that.

Kefka-dissidia.jpg
From 10MB to 89KB. Impressive!

I saved the original file, though; it's nice.

Defuser

Haha

More fuel to the fire.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/12/29/tetsuya_nomura_true_intentions/

I've heard from a few people that Tetsuya Nomura is a PlayStation fanboy, which is why Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't coming out on Xbox 360 and why Kingdom Hearts 3 is totally going to be released on the PlayStation 3.

Some 2channelers have found solid, irrefutable proof of Nomura's love of Sony.

That's Noctis Lucis Caelum, main character of Versus XIII. Why did Nomura go with such a peculiar-sounding name instead of something more fitting like Frank, Chuck or Todd?

Well, it seems that if you reorder the words in the character's name, you get:

"NOMULA IS SCE CULTIC."

Nomula is Japanese for Nomura. SCE is, of course, short for Sony Computer Entertainment.

From its root, I deduced that "cultic" must have something to do with cults, and sure enough Merriam Webster defines it as "great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book)."

shuyin_

Banned
RedRedSuit said:
Not in Japan. In Japan, this would sell a million or two copies.

Maybe. The return on investment developing for a hand-held might even be higher than an "all-out" console version. On the other hand, might as well do it on DS, then.
Are you aware of the meaning behind the words 'port' and 'remake'? Because FF7 on the DS equals to a port, not a remake ;)

That's Noctis Lucis Caelum, main character of Versus XIII. Why did Nomura go with such a peculiar-sounding name instead of something more fitting like Frank, Chuck or Todd?

Well, it seems that if you reorder the words in the character's name, you get:

"NOMULA IS SCE CULTIC."

Nomula is Japanese for Nomura. SCE is, of course, short for Sony Computer Entertainment.

What about "Nomula Slice Cut [sic]"

Pretty gore uh?

faridmon

charlequin said:
Yeah, that should be amended to "SMT5 on 360/PS3." :lol

Nomura's not the relevant factor anyway; his contribution to the first game mostly begins and ends with the high concept and character designs/art. What's important is whether they decide the surprisingly decent US sales are enough to make up for tanking in Japan.
sigh, how many times is it mentioned. he is the creative desiner and the creative producer.

zeroshiki

I actually went out to look for Gemaga. The OP is a lie.

Nomura said "まだ確約できないのですが、来年新タイトルを発表と発売をする。”

"Its not definite but next year a new title will be announced and released."

Gravijah

shuyin_ said:
Are you aware of the meaning behind the words 'port' and 'remake'? Because FF7 on the DS equals to a port, not a remake ;)

It being on a system of similar power does not automatically mean it would be a port.

BlazingDarkness said:

On the contrary, all of the FF7 Remake threads really bring this to light. There are tons of rpg people who only picked up FF7 out of the entire series

Noshino

Well, there are also other things to take in mind.

I remember there was an article, I think I read it on Joystiq but I've been unable to find it, it was a comment from a SE employee (can't recall if it was Nomura), but they said that FF7 remake would be take to many resources and that it would need a big team (or something along those lines)

And this comment by Tabata

1UP: Does Crisis Core mark the finale for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series?

HT: No, it does not. The Compilation's finale will take some other form.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167006&p=7

With the FFXIII free at the moment, and Nomura having already released most of the games that he was working on (and releasing more within the next year or so), it doesn't seem as unlikely for FF7 to be the rumored title.

squall211

Noshino said:
With the FFXIII free at the moment, and Nomura having already released most of the games that he was working on (and releasing more within the next year or so), it doesn't seem as unlikely for FF7 to be the rumored title.

Isn't the XIII team supposed to be helping the VSXIII team now?

Spiegel

zeroshiki said:
I actually went out to look for Gemaga. The OP is a lie.

Nomura said "まだ確約できないのですが、来年新タイトルを発表と発売をする。”

"Its not definite but next year a new title will be announced and released."

Then it's Dissidia 2 or TWEWY2

I'd buy FF7R if I can turn off the VA. One thing I'm worried about is the annoying VA that goes on with the latest SE games. Also, I like my rpgs that doesn't have VA.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I'd buy FF7R if I can turn off the VA. One thing I'm worried about is the annoying VA that goes on with the latest SE games. Also, I like my rpgs that doesn't have VA.

Oh, that's true. Forgot that FF7 has no voice acting. Man, but wouldnt it be kewl to see Sephiroth with the right voice :D

mjc

I don't want an FF7 remake, but a FF6 remake on DS would be pretty awesome. I can't help but think that this is just KH3 though.

Top Bottom