• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Promises Highly Requested Game Announcement In 2010, Expects "Huge Reaction"

faridmon said:
sigh, how many times is it mentioned. he is the creative desiner and the creative producer.

Err... right? And... that's basically what I said?

TWEWY is not a "Nomura game" in the sense that, say, Kingdom Hearts or Versus is -- it's a game that's produced by Nomura, and has its visual aesthetic created by Nomura, but whose nitty-gritty development was in the hands of other talented individuals from within his team. As a result, a sequel is much more dependent on the availability and interest of these team members (who would be the ones to actually manage the project directly) than that of Nomura, who would be very likely to sign off on the project if there were sales to justify it and interest in developing it, and who could squeeze his (relatively) small role in that project in more easily.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Reposting what I wrote cause it was lost at the bottom of page 13:

Ok then I'm making a prediction.

This game Nomura is speaking of...

will be a FFVII sequel...

with...

Hironobu Sakaguchi back at the helm.

All the signs have been pointing to this (his appearance in KH, his secret project he has been working on since FFVII... and his recent meeting with old time Squaresoft/SE buddies).

:D

It makes perfect sense!

If an FF7 remake is announced

good lord

I will be singularly responsible for the extinction of the crow, for they will all be digesting in my stomach

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ether_Snake said:
Reposting what I wrote cause it was lost at the bottom of page 13:

Ok then I'm making a prediction.

This game Nomura is speaking of...

will be a FFVII sequel...

with...

Hironobu Sakaguchi back at the helm.

All the signs have been pointing to this (his appearance in KH, his secret project he has been working on since FFVII... and his recent meeting with old time Squaresoft/SE buddies).

:D

It makes perfect sense!
I like the way you think.

Afrikan

bishoptl said:
Bushido Blade HD, please.

OH GOD YES, PLEASE....

won't happen though, I think they would release a HD version of their one Baseball game.....followed by a sequel to their one Wrestling game, before they'd give us what we reeeeally want.. Some Next Gen Bushido Action.

but if you're talking about just a remake, like God of War HD....then yeah, I can see that happening.....it'd be nice to play in 1st person mode using the Wand/GEM.

zeroshiki said:
I actually went out to look for Gemaga. The OP is a lie.

Nomura said "まだ確約できないのですが、来年新タイトルを発表と発売をする。”

"Its not definite but next year a new title will be announced and released."

Too many people are missing this. The chances of it being FF7R have dropped significantly if he isn't mentioning how big the game is.

zeroshiki said:

"We're not totally sure on this, but we think that, as a major gaming company, we'll release a new game next year."

Kuraudo

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Too many people are missing this. The chances of it being FF7R have dropped significantly if he isn't mentioning how big the game is.

The fact it'll possibly be released the same year it's announced greatly reduces the chances of it being anything other than a DS game.

Spiegel

Kuraudo said:
The fact it'll possibly be released the same year it's announced greatly reduces the chances of it being anything other than a DS game.

Dissidia was announced in 2007 and the original plan was the game to be released that year.

The sequel could be announced and released in 2010.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Aaron Strife said:
"We're not totally sure on this, but we think that, as a major gaming company, we'll release a new game next year."

Let's ignore you so we can keep speculating and then be utterly disappointed after countless F5 attacks and 505 errors, in true GAF fashion.

Ether_Snake said:
Let's ignore you so we can keep speculating and then be utterly disappointed after countless F5 attacks and 505 errors, in true GAF fashion.
So, Final Fantasy Kingdom VII: Hearts of Chrono for PS3?

Kuraudo said:

Probably. Square needs to stop announcing huge games years in advance. I remember when FF games were released the same year they were announced. I miss those times.

bwahhhhh

zeroshiki said:

also, expects "Huge Erection"

TreIII

dogmaan said:
yeah, i'd be happy with that.

how come bushido blade hasn't been re-visited yet?

did it not sell well?

It's largely due to the fact that the original development team, Light Weight, took their leave of Squaresoft soon after BB2.

The story goes that, after the team left, Square basically said that they were free to leave, but the BB engine, itself, was "Square's property".

Since LW seemingly has no interest in going back to SE any time soon, if anything were to happen, it would mean a new team would be using the BB engine and working up from there.

...and according to one source I heard, that may be exactly what's going to occur. Don't quote me though. :lol

Since Lightweight left, they only made crap. Bushido Blade was a fluke. That said, I'd love to see another one done right. Especially with Soul Calibur taking a turn for the ridiculous.

THAT said, Bushido Blade was a bit weird in how it was hardcore samurai style all the way through, with ancient clans and period clothing... but set in a modern world. Trenchcoats, a guy with a gun... I believe you could even hear cars going past the entrance.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
FF7:Remake

It would be a horrible joke if it was announced for the Wii :lol

I'd take Chrono Break as well.

LRB1983

Banned
LRB1983 said:
A new Chrono game for PS3?.
I regret about this, it's the first Square Enix project for Sony's GEM/Wand Kingdom Hearts 3.
LOXDI.jpg

gamergirly said:
On the contrary, all of the FF7 Remake threads really bring this to light. There are tons of rpg people who only picked up FF7 out of the entire series
That there are tons of people who would consider themselves RPG people who have only played one game of the world's biggest RPG franchise seems highly unlikely to me.
cosmicblizzard said:
I remember when FF games were released the same year they were announced. I miss those times.
The 80s?

IX is the only one I think this has happened with while I've been following the series (unless it was announced late 1999 and not early 2000 like I'm thinking), but they also announced the much-farther-away X and XI at the same time.

Spiegel

In the same interview Nomura says that his two most anticipated games for 2010 are...

Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 and MHP3

Seriously.

Well Dissidia II is a given, I thought it was well enough known. I still stand by my prediction but I DO like EtherSnake's line of thinking....

However incorrect it may be =/

JoshuaJSlone said:
IX is the only one I think this has happened with while I've been following the series (unless it was announced late 1999 and not early 2000 like I'm thinking), but they also announced the much-farther-away X and XI at the same time.

Well I mean the same time frame (less than 12 months after announcement). I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure most of them minus generation shifts were like that. Where can I find when each one was announced?

Just saw a "scan" from the supposed next Shounen Jump on some Chinese forum. It showed Dissidia for the PS3/360, but I'd question its legitimacy since we saw what happened with Lightning's supposed entry in Universal Tuning. If it is true though, cool! :D

lupinko

donkey show said:
Just saw a "scan" from the supposed next Shounen Jump on some Chinese forum. It showed Dissidia for the PS3/360, but I'd question its legitimacy since we saw what happened with Lightning's supposed entry in Universal Tuning. If it is true though, cool! :D

After the GVGN PS3 swerve, I'm not trusting anything anymore. =(

Kuraudo

Banned
donkey show said:

That Kain artwork doesn't look like it was done by Nomura to me.

duckroll

donkey show said:

It's 100% fake. Japanese blogs have already mentioned what is in next week's Jump, and there are no game announcements.

Top Bottom