• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura reminds all S-E fans not to forget Lightning

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll never forget my love

 

ArjanN

Member
badcrumble said:
A TERRIBLE THOUGHT: if FFXIII-2 gets announced at the January event it'll probably come out before Versus

And Duke Nukem Forever will be released before either one.
 

DaBuddaDa

Member
Big One said:
Lightning in Versus confirmed!
Interesting theory, even though I think you were joking. I'd be OK with that, if it spares us a FFXIII-2.

Also, Sabin is the most unforgettable. Dude punches shit. In the face.
 

Bebpo

Banned
I hope in FFXIII-2 Lightning is totally out of character and zany like Yuna was in X-2.

because her character kind of sucks in XIII :p
 

Kusagari

Member
Lightning sucks and is one of the blandest main characters I've ever seen. Nothing she did in the game was 'badass' either for all the talk Square-Enix did with hyping her up. Fang was cooler.
 

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
badcrumble said:
I plead the fifth :(

I'm proud to say I actually bought it and destroyed it after a few days.
 

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Despera said:
Burn it. Burn it or throw that thing away NOW
I already ate it.
 
This made me thinking... why FF characters lately felt like they are not memorable as the old ones :\

I feel like they are losing their magic and charms which is shame because they had such a powerful potential :(
 

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Praiseworthy said:
This made me thinking... why FF characters lately felt like they are not memorable as the old ones :\

I feel like they are losing their magic and charms which is shame because they had such a powerful potential :(

I dunno but I found Vanille to be memorable
in a bad way
.
 

DaBuddaDa

Member
The Praiseworthy said:
This made me thinking... why FF characters lately felt like they are not memorable as the old ones :\

I feel like they are losing their magic and charms which is shame because they had such a powerful potential :(
Brooding anime stereotypes aren't memorable. This is for a whole other thread, but I think voice acting defines the characters clearly, where in the past your impression of the characters was made up in your head. If Vanille was a little, animated sprite with no changes to her dialogue, people wouldn't hate her as much.
 

Pooya

Member
Bebpo said:
I hope in FFXIII-2 Lightning is totally out of character and zany like Yuna was in X-2.

because her character kind of sucks in XIII :p
I hope she is emo and angsty for the whole game and they should dedicate a button to punching, I want to punch every NPC in the face, best moment of FFXIII!.
 
DaBuddaDa said:
Brooding anime stereotypes aren't memorable. This is for a whole other thread, but I think voice acting defines the characters clearly, where in the past your impression of the characters was made up in your head. If Vanille was a little, animated sprite with no changes to her dialogue, people wouldn't hate her as much.

I guess... for example FFIX characters felt more alive to me than FFXII.

but again... FFX characters felt also more memorable than FFXIII :\

maybe because SE is using the Final Fantasy as a series so much that it felt like less special.

I mean 10 years ago whenever we hear an announcement about a Final Fantasy game it feels so magical and special.... but now, no few months passes without hearing about a new FF game that soon we won't even care if it was released or still under developing

They really killed the magical feelings the series used to gave us by milking it so much which is really sad :(
 

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Galvanise_ said:
Damn son!, your life needs some AA!
:lol :lol It was originally something like 10182x8416 resolution...
 

StuBurns

Banned
She probably has another game being announced next month, hard to forgot. Great character design I thought, and the best English VO in the game.
 

Mr_Brit

Banned
Here's my wishful FF schedule for the next few years:

Early 2011:Agito 13- If possible port it to PSP 2.
Late 2011: Versus XIII
Early 2013: FFXV
Late 2015: FFXVI- On next gen consoles
Late 2016: FFVII remake- On next gen consoles
 
StuBurns said:
She probably has another game being announced next month, hard to forgot. Great character design I thought, and the best English VO in the game.
Yeah, her character design's still very good. Honestly if FFXIII-2 happens with a totally different battle system (kinda like how FFX-2 handled it) and a fuckton of sidequests (again, kinda like how FFX-2 handled it), I'm game, even though the FFXIII world is pretty damn dull. Some better writing would be nice, though, and I really don't want a game that ends up starring Snow's Shitty Friends.
 

ssoass

Member
The Praiseworthy said:
I guess... for example FFIX characters felt more alive to me than FFXII.

but again... FFX characters felt also more memorable than FFXIII :\

maybe because SE is using the Final Fantasy as a series so much that it felt like less special.

I mean 10 years ago whenever we hear an announcement about a Final Fantasy game it feels so magical and special.... but now, no few months passes without hearing about a new FF game that soon we won't even care if it was released or still under developing

They really killed the magical feelings the series used to gave us by milking it so much which is really sad :(

Well FFXII was made by a lot of the same people who made FFT, Vagrant Story, and Tactics Ogre.
Especially Yasumi Matsuno who directed all those games and wrote all their stories and characters.

So the FFXII characters are similar in style to, say, the FFT or Vagrant Story characters... they are very different, but you can tell they came from the same people.
 

Desi

Member
Kusagari said:
Lightning sucks and is one of the blandest main characters I've ever seen. Nothing she did in the game was 'badass' either for all the talk Square-Enix did with hyping her up. Fang was cooler.
Fang did not do anything remotely cool neither. She was only more interesting because she was A) a dyke and B) a lot of crazy. Lightning may have flipped all over a level, take out five guards by herself, and summon mid fall but she was so sterile. Also full of korny.
 

7Th

Member
Lightning, a crossdressed Hope and Vanille and Fang's SCIENCE daughter go around the world wearing cute clothes and singing shitty pop.
 
Sazh was far and away the only likeable character in FFXIII. Lightning and Fang were one dimensional, Vanille and Hope were annoying, and Snow was one dimensional and annoying.
 
Make way for FFXIII: COMPLETE (Town Edition)

Really liked FFXIII for what it was- but it still needed more time in the oven… which is sad considering how long it took initially.
 

Fularu

Banned
I'll never forget the shitfest FF XIII is

I wish I could though :( Outside of DS/PSP, this generation has been terrible for jRPGs
 

biocat

Member
I've bought way too much SE in my opinion and I'm still only a Silver member. You must have to buy everything including re-releases in order to be an Ultimate member.
 

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
DaBuddaDa said:
Also, Sabin is the most unforgettable. Dude punches shit. In the face.
Who cares about punching guys in the face? Any Final Fantasy monk does that. Sabin suplexes a train. That's tough to top.
 
Top Bottom