• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura reminds all S-E fans not to forget Lightning

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
dionysus said:
If they announced a FFXIII-2 and it played like FFX-2 it might redeem the many years of the franchise since FFX-2.
I feel the opposite. If they leave the battle system untouched for the most part and instead turn that gorgeous amusement park into an actual amusement park then I'd be elated. I loved FF13, but there were so many times that I looked around and wondered why all there was to find in some flying fortress was a little treasure box in the corner.

Give me a fully fleshed out game with the same presentation and battle system and I'll love S-E like nothing ever happened.

I have an unopened copy of FFXIII sitting on my shelf, waiting for my HDTV to be fixed. Stop making me regret my pledge to play it through to the end :lol

I might Let's Play it.

Crazetex said:
I still don't get why the game needed towns. It would've just slowed down the fast-paced narrative and gameplay.
It needed towns because the game was nothing more than 'fight enemies as you go along from start to finish' for 20 hours. Good thing the battle system was fantastic, otherwise I don't see myself playing it.

Pimpbaa

Lightning was so boring, plus she looked anorexic. Someone that skinny would not be able to lift a sword. Fang should have been the lead character.

Kagari said:
Sorry Nomura, but Lightning didn't do anything especially memorable.

She punched in the face one of the most annoying FF characters ever, so she will have a spot in my heart forever.

Also skinny legs bitches!!!

Despera said:
Yes. Devour your enemies, warriors of purgatory.

SatelliteOfLove reminds all Gaffers not to forget Argilla.

Not played the game, but that girl just ain't an athlete. I guess it's the level of realism in art that brings that into the forefront.

Rpgmonkey

Holy crap

Like, legit Lightning artwork :eek:

Need Sazh nao

badcrumble said:

:lol

I have hope that a possible FFXIII-2 would be crazy awesome like X-2 with lots of locations to visit at your leisure, kick-ass gameplay/battle mechanics, and tons of optional content spread throughout the game. Maybe even a method of flight that you get early into the game.

...haha

Ellis Kim

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
She punched in the face one of the most annoying FF characters ever, so she will have a spot in my heart forever.

<3 skinny legs :^D

I really liked her character. Frankly, I think that while the game's story felt a bit weak on amount of development and time spent in the world, all of the characters had some kind of arc to point to. Lightning especially so.

Yes, I'm one of those people who actually kind of liked the inclusion of the Leona Louis song, okay :x

Serious response to thread title: Nomura, go and finish Versus 13 and KH3, and THEN we can talk.

Mojojo

fu3taa.jpg

7Th said:
Lightning is cool because she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. I hope Maaya Sakamoto voices Stella as well. Maybe even Noctis, too.

Just have her voice anybody that looks even slightly effeminate.

The Praiseworthy said:
This made me thinking... why FF characters lately felt like they are not memorable as the old ones :\

I feel like they are losing their magic and charms which is shame because they had such a powerful potential :(

How early we talkin', because up til 6(and even then it's arguable) most characters were caricatures. They had one personality trait to exploit and that was it.

ssoass said:
So the FFXII characters are similar in style to, say, the FFT or Vagrant Story characters... they are very different, but you can tell they came from the same people.

Well Basch certainly almost feels like a Matsuno character(specifically because Matsuno has a fetish for making his protagonists soldiers).

Phenomic said:
Even if they did it like in 12 with Rabanaster that would be completely enjoyable.

Doesn't "even" imply that Rabanastre wasn't awesome?

miladesn said:
I hope she is emo and angsty for the whole game and they should dedicate a button to punching, I want to punch every NPC in the face, best moment of FFXIII!.

SE and Nintendo team up to make a Punch-Out Game starring Lightning.

Despera said:
Yes. Devour your enemies, warriors of purgatory.

I'll never forget Jenna Angel. T_T

Top Bottom