• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura reminds all S-E fans not to forget Lightning

TTG said:
Just out of curiosity, what does this mean?

You have to buy a ton of Square-Enix games and register/link them to your Square-Enix Members account.

It's also not enough to just buy a ton of Square games-- you have to do it all within the same year because the upgrade you get from each purchase is only good for a year, or something dumb like that. So basically you have to buy a ton of bad games in quick succession, there's no way around it.

Phenomic

Not going to lie while I'd probably rather see them put money into a different series I'm not completely against an FF13-2.

I think if they did it right and corrected the problems with 13 it could be a brilliant game. Plot needs to be a little bit more simplified with less going on. Keep the battle system pretty much the same with few tweaks. Eidolon battles were terrible IMO, perhaps make them more useful and simpler to use. Needs a major town hub to run around. Even if they did it like in 12 with Rabanaster that would be completely enjoyable.

Also stop using her Code Name. Lighting is no where as good and does her no favors in developing a character that you can relate too. (REAL NAME SPOILER) They better call her
Claire
if this game did exist.

Zoe

Phenomic said:
Also stop using her Code Name. Lighting is no where as good and does her no favors in developing a character that you can relate too. (REAL NAME SPOILER) They better call her
Claire
if this game did exist.

It's not a code name, it's a name she picked herself. Which was used as part of her character development.

zoukka

Lightning was a bad character. I thought she was going to be this tough chick lead female, but she was dumb as a boot. She appeared smarter than she was because of mr Dudebro though...

Platy

duckroll said:
z9Fez.jpg

Is that some weird angle or is this the worst drawing nomura ever did ?

I mean .. her face is distorded, plane and ....ugly

I liked Lightning. Not because she was a particularly interesting character, but because she was one of the very few things in the game that didn't annoy the shit out of me.

She always had this "fuck this, I'm walking away now" attitude that mirrored how I probably would have reacted in most situations in the game, so I could relate. She seemed to not really like anyone else, in which I can also relate.

LiK

Platy said:

the face isn't that great. looked like a quickie.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Platy said:

Angle.

StuBurns

Banned
Mom's are tough isn't the worst line in the game, there's one Vanille says to Sazh something like "That's what Daddy's do" that literally made me stop playing it and reevaluate my standards for video games.

Lightning was the part of FF13 I liked most. Really cool to have a strong, female lead that didn't buy in completely to the standard stereotypes.

Kyoufu

I've forgotten the game itself. It was pretty bad.

But! The character designs I thought were pretty good. I can't forget Lightning because she just looks so good imo. I really liked Sazh and Fang too.

The Antitype said:
Lightning was the part of FF13 I liked most. Really cool to have a strong, female lead that didn't buy in completely to the standard stereotypes.
You mean the 'silent and strong' type, which has been the staple protagonist of nearly every FF game...?

The Antitype said:
She wasn't 'strong' in the sense of being a complex character, though. It's great that she wasn't a damsel in distress or what have you, but simply being 'tough' doesn't mean much, especially when your FF game falls into the same three-female-characters trap that all of them since FF4 have had (one cute, one demure, one tough and mysterious). If anything, FFXIII had two tough girls and zero demure girls. Progress? Maybe, but it ain't much.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Antitype said:
Ashe was a better female lead if you ask me. Her drama was more intricately related with the main driving plot too.

StuBurns said:
Mom's are tough isn't the worst line in the game, there's one Vanille says to Sazh something like "That's what Daddy's do" that literally made me stop playing it and reevaluate my standards for video games.

AHHHHHH!!!

The flashbacks are coming back to me... ewww!!

what a horrible horrible script lines the game had :\

Regulus Tera said:
Ashe was a better female lead if you ask me. Her drama was more intricately related with the main driving plot too.

Well yeah, but I think FF12 was pretty much better than FF13 in every regard. Lightning was the best part of FF13 for me, not the best part of any FF ever. ;)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NeoUltima said:
I guess I'd be happy with XIII-2. Maybe it can explain the logic behind XIII's ending better.
If there was as much cut content as some people say there was, then I'd be all for it.

sciplore

StuBurns said:

This fucking shit right here. Thanks for reminding me why the hell the game was still on the shelf unfinished.

FFXIII was ok, it was not great, but I loved the battle system and visuals were awesome. The story had very nice concept, but fell flat. I'm up for XIII-2.

Top Bottom