• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Non-embarrassing photos of VR users?

dock

Every photo of VR usage looks absolutely awful, but I'm curious of whether this is because I've been seeing the wrong sources. Somewhere out there someone must have solved the way to show someone with a VR headset that isn't a massive embarrassment.

fake edit: no Palmer Lucky Time magazine photos please :p

shanafan

Murder, She Wrote is pretty boss.

quPy4jo.gif

shandy706

I find nothing about VR embarrassing. I couldn't care less about what people think about me, and I don't see others with VR on embarrassing.

Why is OP embarrassed? Why do you find it embarrassing for others?

Stress Level Zero's videos all look pretty cool and don't look embarrassing. Sadly, people only want to remember the retarded looking photos.

Zia

You know what also looks stupid? A group of people sitting around a table with phone shoved in their faces. But that's the new normal.

They don't exist.

Edit:
You know what also looks stupid? A group of people sitting around a table with phone shoved in their faces. But that's the new normal.

This makes no sense. Do you think people sitting at a table reading books also looks stupid?

SilentRob

As we all know, it's really, really important to look cool while playing video games. I know I always get my suit when I go raiding in World of Warcraft. Don't wanna look silly doing something I enjoy, do I?

Oltsu

Banned
I mean I think most pics of people wearing VR goggles are fine. All you really need is a normal picture of a normal person enjoying VR and there wont be anything embarrassing about it.

For example:

20150829_PAX-Prime-2015_1023-620x413.jpg

slashgear_samsung_oculus_rift_dk2_gdc_10.jpg

Oculus-Rift.jpg

etc..

shandy706

I also find people's awe and or reactions to VR fun.

I think this picture is great for example.

Oculus-640x353.jpeg

Seeing both my daughters react to it for the first time a few weeks ago was fun.

Here's my 3 1/2 year old and her first time ever seeing VR..

Simbabbad

This looks like an anticipation SF film from the 1970's.

Anyway, they'll solve it like they solve everything: they'll put a professional model in Virtual Reality gear, take a bazillion pictures, pick up one or two out of the bunch that look somehow cool, photoshop the heck out of it, and voilà.

Sir TapTap

Mixed reality is the only way to go. It's the only way to show what the person is actually experiencing (entirely on screen) while still including their physical body. Anything else is like showing the back of a TV to show off a console game.

They don't exist.

Edit:

This makes no sense. Do you think people sitting at a table reading books also looks stupid?

If you had never seen a book before, hell yeah. You're missing the point of the analogy. IF you're not familiar with the medium of writing, a bunch of dumbasses sitting around staring at a bunch of leaves tied together with scribbles on the leaves? What a bunch of losers.

Kyonashi

Many virtual reality commercials show the actor wearing the device itself, which makes the technology seem both alienating and potentially claustrophobic. It also means that we can't see the eyes of the person using the game, nor can they see us. The result is a closed off, intimidating look for the technology while the model or actor pretends to have fun.

Sony got around this by animating the outline of the PlayStation VR hardware on top of the actor's faces. They're looking us in the eye, and vice versa. We can see the excitement, and the delight. We're not cut off from each other; we're sharing the experience.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/21/9366047/sony-has-the-only-vr-commercial-so-far-that-doesnt-suck

Top Bottom